Topical Dht-blocker With "no" Side Effets?

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use now Topical minoxidil with finasteride. Only just started.

I combine with a nother Topical solution I made my self. Containing 5% azaleic acid,
5% dihydroquercetin, 5% EGCG, 3% liquid nano curcumin. And I am thinking to oleanolic acid aswell to the solutions.

James Sullivan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a 29 year-old guy taking minoxidil (Spectral DNC-N) and Ketoconazole shampoo from 2011 to fight against a receding hairline.

I could manage to increase my hair volume at first then maintain it for a few years but my vertex is now balding too.
I have started to apply minoxidil and use a dermaroller on my vertex 3 months ago but I cannot see any result so far at the moment.
That is the reason why I would like to use a DHT-blocker.

The problem is that I have already tried to take oral and topical finasteride (generic propecia and Morr F solution) a few times in the past but I have to stop due to severe headache and depression (I have suffered erectile dysfunction once but it was still manageable compared with the other side effects).

Do you have an idea of what kind of product I could use?
I have read somewhere that a topical finasteride in gel would be less likely to bring side effets than a liquid solution mixed with minoxidil like Morr F. Is it true?
I am also considering topical spironolactone and minoxidil 15%. Do you think it could be beneficial?

Thank you.

Your "Headache" is from MINOXIDIL!!! This WILL go away with continued usage. You may want to avoid the dermaroller until you are acclimated to the minoxidil. Look up the minoxidil pill LONITEN and see what its sides are. That will prove my point. REMEMBER, it was NOT the finasteride that gave you the headache. You want to make sure you are using finasteride topically. Remember, the PROBLEM is ANDROGENIC alopecia. You have to fight the ANDROGENS. Finasteride is an ANTI ANDROGEN. If you can get away with only topical then go for it, but I don't have that luxury so I take oral and use topical. Times when I'm not using topical antiandrogens (If I run out or Forget), I start shedding and it gets bad quick, so I know that it is ESSENTIAL, because I NEVER miss an oral Finasteride dose and will still shed if I'm not using topical finasteride.

James Sullivan

My Regimen
Reaction score
zinc, vitamin D, copper levels?
You've got to use a topical antiandrogen in conjunction with the oral duta.

I take dutasteride and finasteride 5mg daily and still will lose ground unless I'm using a topical antiandrogen. I've tried every vitamin under the sun. The X factor is always weather or not I'm using a topical antiandrogen added to my minoxidil or not.

You could even try cutting the very tip off of a dutasteride capsule with a scissor and squeezing the gel out on your hairline and temples...

Also, using a dermaroller on the temples and hairline seems to help a lot!

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've got to use a topical antiandrogen in conjunction with the oral duta.

I take dutasteride and finasteride 5mg daily and still will lose ground unless I'm using a topical antiandrogen. I've tried every vitamin under the sun. The X factor is always weather or not I'm using a topical antiandrogen added to my minoxidil or not.

You could even try cutting the very tip off of a dutasteride capsule with a scissor and squeezing the gel out on your hairline and temples...

Also, using a dermaroller on the temples and hairline seems to help a lot!
since he's not responding, he could verify if he has (unlikely, but still) some severe deficiencies.
if its strictly androgenetic, of course we have this route.
im dermarolling since last year with minoxidil (with success), and using microdosing topical dht blocker, thank you anyway

TheHairLossMaster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a 29 year-old guy taking minoxidil (Spectral DNC-N) and Ketoconazole shampoo from 2011 to fight against a receding hairline.

I could manage to increase my hair volume at first then maintain it for a few years but my vertex is now balding too.
I have started to apply minoxidil and use a dermaroller on my vertex 3 months ago but I cannot see any result so far at the moment.
That is the reason why I would like to use a DHT-blocker.

The problem is that I have already tried to take oral and topical finasteride (generic propecia and Morr F solution) a few times in the past but I have to stop due to severe headache and depression (I have suffered erectile dysfunction once but it was still manageable compared with the other side effects).

Do you have an idea of what kind of product I could use?
I have read somewhere that a topical finasteride in gel would be less likely to bring side effets than a liquid solution mixed with minoxidil like Morr F. Is it true?
I am also considering topical spironolactone and minoxidil 15%. Do you think it could be beneficial?

Thank you.
Alfatradiol, Zix, and azelaic acid. Be careful with azelaic acid though if you use too much you can give yourself a scalp burn. A 10% solution of azelaic acid would be advised. It thickened up my hair when I was on it. I’m on dutasteride injected into my scalp once a month now and it hasn’t caused any side effects.:)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alfatradiol, Zix, and azelaic acid. Be careful with azelaic acid though if you use too much you can give yourself a scalp burn. A 10% solution of azelaic acid would be advised. It thickened up my hair when I was on it. I’m on dutasteride injected into my scalp once a month now and it hasn’t caused any side effects.:)
Any more information on the injections? If this at a clinic? How many each month? Sides?

TheHairLossMaster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at a clinic, I do it myself. I make a . 01% solution. I inject it all around my scalp and sometimes I use my dermapen and do microneedling and rub it into my scalp after. It is a large molecule as well so it’s hard for it to travel throughout your body when it’s injected into the scalp so it shouldn’t go systemic. I don’t have any sides from it.