Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

maher

Banned
Reaction score
That is verry excited guys. Sorry for my poor english. When i read that you are experimenting with cetrizine topically i was bit worried becauce its not for sure how cetrizine metabolize through skin. its not the samo as oral->liver>blood as hydroxizine. then i found this science article, funded by Pfizer back in 2004. they experimented on rabbits. Its about using liposomes for cetrizine entrappment in skin.. verry interesting..!!!!!!! All kinda of stuff in article: from absortion to systematic affect..

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj060318

And now they will be inventing warm water all aver again in search for cure for baldness.
i found some cetrizine in my house, i guess someone has seassonal alergies. i will give it a go. i thing its pretty safe according to this article, on the other hand my english sucks..so im maybe wrong.

Letac

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying some cet aswell, but I have thought about taking it oraly since I`m on minoxidil, and I dont want to put to much on my scalp. Is this a dumb idea? Meaning that I take it oraly and not make it into something that I can put on my scalp? Hopefully it will work oraly as well.... any thoughts?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying some cet aswell, but I have thought about taking it oraly since I`m on minoxidil, and I dont want to put to much on my scalp. Is this a dumb idea? Meaning that I take it oraly and not make it into something that I can put on my scalp? Hopefully it will work oraly as well.... any thoughts?

no evidence so far suggests oral usage will work...all the results so far has been topical...when you take something orally, it has to go through the liver and whole schwack of other crap before it actually gets to the cellular level..

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i can tell you 95 % of the temple hair came from the pgd2 blocker the rest 5% can be hair that was allready there.. but i really remember.. in that area there was no sign of hair and it was completely bald. Now even if im not so close to the mirror i can see the temple hairs. I will take a picture of the same area next month after the picture so you all can see better next time. But my left temple isnt responding well as right the temple which is the side taken picture of.

That is amazing! How long has that area been bald?

- - - Updated - - -

I recently bought Liquid Centrizine, Its called Alerid its made by Cipla in India.
Its very cheap and would cost around 5$ for a year (1ml a day)

Here are the ingredients mentioned:

Cetrizine Hydrochloride IP ...5mg
Flavored syrup base...

Do you think the syrup base will be an issue while using it?
Also what regimen do you recommend along with nizoral?

I think the syrup will be an issue, sticky for sure but may also affect the ability to be absorbed.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow if all those shorter hairs in the temporal area are with cet, this is something to get excited about. I've been doing it for about a month now and I'm seeing lots of vellus getting longer and a few darker ones coming out. I shed quite a bit but now I think I'm on the tail end of it. I started with 70 mg cet dissolved in 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar and that seemed to absorb fine but I got sick of smelling like vinegar. Now I'm using 140 cet in 2oz. of water/vodka combo. I'm not gonna jump for joy just yet but this could be IT fellas.

Too many people are getting good results and I'm starting to think this is a cure. Unless we run into some wild side effects and the
hair just stops growing I think it may be IT. PGD2 seems to be the culprit in causing male pattern baldness and Cet seems to be strong enough to supress
it. Just think what "real" PGD2 blockers will do. Even if they are 5 years out we will have Cet until then.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
no evidence so far suggests oral usage will work...all the results so far has been topical...when you take something orally, it has to go through the liver and whole schwack of other crap before it actually gets to the cellular level..

I take it orally, and it seems to be working almost as well as others who apply topically. I posted about it in the other topic. I will likely start doing topical also however. I would highly recommend going the topical route, as many many more people have posted success with it whereas very few post success with oral.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I take it orally, and it seems to be working almost as well as others who apply topically. I posted about it in the other topic. I will likely start doing topical also however. I would highly recommend going the topical route, as many many more people have posted success with it whereas very few post success with oral.

...well, that's interesting...you must be a good responder...I just wouldn't want to take CET orally for the rest of my life...I also suspect you would need to take a larger dose orally, although I have no scientific proof of that

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so now I am thinking about jumping in on this. Reading through this it seems like most people are using different vehicles. Some just water, some distilled water, some are using a water vodka mixture, and others are using water propylene glycol and ethanol. I will not be using minoxidil so is consensus that that water ethanol propylene glycol will lead to the best absorption??

Another question is where can you buy ethanol? Can I just use high proof liquor?? I think the highest proof I can buy at Canadian liquor stores is 151 rum...
And where can I buy propylene glycol, I searched it up on amazon and found some that were food grade, does this matter? Do any phyiscal stores stock it? I prefer doing my shopping in person...

Sorry I am a really big noob at making my own vehicles.... Thanks for the info guys!

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My cet is at the post office and I will pick it up on the weekend.

I should be joining the experiment soon, but I will only be applying it to my temples for now. I am going to experiment first with a couple of methods to extract Cet from the filler.

I will take pics of my temples prior to starting since I don't have any recent pics.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been balding since i was 17.. and now im 21. The hair growth is in the areas where i have lost my hair 1-2 years ago, but the it is some growth much further down too on the sides.The growth rate of this is unexpectningly good. I have so much vellus growing and i can see them better for each week. Blocking pgd2 might just be it guys. We just have to wait and see, but keep the results coming, seems like many of you are responding well to this...

Reaction score
you guys are doing a great job!!!!! Thank you very much for all you have done here!!!
Maybe the thread wil lead something great ,surprise the entire world!
If one day you guys come up with a cure for the MPH, you should be awarded Nobel Prizes!!!!
We hope that day come sooner!!! Good luck with you !!!!

Letac

Reaction score
Hi!

I`m not from an english speaking country, so I`m trying to understand how to do this. If I buy 60 tablets and dissolve this in 600ml of distilled water, all the junk (that I do not need) will fall to the bottom of the can, and the water will contain the cet, right? This is what I need? And also, If I want to add emu oil to it, how can I do this? Is it just to out the emu oil in the water sollution (after I have removed the "junk") and then apply it to the scalp? I`ll keep taking minoxidil and half a tablet of finasteride each day.

This is really promising and I do have to say thank you for coming up with this, whoever is the man behind it. It acctually gives hope that we can find a cure within a short amount of time. If this will work, It will be so great. I can find words!:)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I buy 60 tablets and dissolve this in 600ml of distilled water, all the junk (that I do not need) will fall to the bottom of the can, and the water will contain the cet, right?

Yes, that's correct. I don't know about adding Emu oil, not sure if it will mix with water or not, you may just have to try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey everyone, so now I am thinking about jumping in on this. Reading through this it seems like most people are using different vehicles. Some just water, some distilled water, some are using a water vodka mixture, and others are using water propylene glycol and ethanol. I will not be using minoxidil so is consensus that that water ethanol propylene glycol will lead to the best absorption??

Another question is where can you buy ethanol? Can I just use high proof liquor?? I think the highest proof I can buy at Canadian liquor stores is 151 rum...
And where can I buy propylene glycol, I searched it up on amazon and found some that were food grade, does this matter? Do any phyiscal stores stock it? I prefer doing my shopping in person...

Sorry I am a really big noob at making my own vehicles.... Thanks for the info guys!

Everyone seems to be doing something different but we are seeing results. I'm using tap water but I agree
that propylene glycol and ethanol will allow better absorption and that is what I plan to do for the next batch. I
plan to use the food grade PG also and some high proof
liquor. Not sure what to do with the water, Cet
dissolves in water
so that has to be the first step. Maybe I'll dissolve it in 30ml of water and add the PG/liquor.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys are doing a great job!!!!! Thank you very much for all you have done here!!!
Maybe the thread wil lead something great ,surprise the entire world!
If one day you guys come up with a cure for the MPH, you should be awarded Nobel Prizes!!!!
We hope that day come sooner!!! Good luck with you !!!!

Thanks! It all started on the German forum as far as I know but I'm glad to do my part playing Guinea Pig. We
all need to stay grounded for a while but things are sure looking good, better than anything I've seen
in 5 years of trying. I think we will have a good idea by March 2013 at the latest, that will be 6 months for me,
the German guys have about 3 months on us I think so we may see something around Jan 1st.

theoldsole

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another lurker joining the cetirizine bandwagon. Norwood 1.5, been on minoxidil foam 10 months and responding well. Been on the fence about starting finasteride, but then this all started! Anyway, like alot of people on this thread i'm trying to figure out the best way to deliver this to the scalp while minimizing systemic absorbtion. I found the following study on topical delivery methods for cetirizine and their rates of absorption in rabbits. The study mentions liposomal encapsulation as a seemingly superior delivery method. Some quick googling and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBp879mfgI as a method of making liposomal encapsulated vitamin C, but I have no ideas if it's accomplished what it claims (I'm biased against of any 'holistic' source of information). Anybody have any info on this process? Seems to me the plan would be to dissolve the cetirizine water, then mix with lecithin in an ultrasonic cleaner. Anybody see any problems with this approach?

Reaction score
It’s amazing to see what you have achieved!!!
But we are not scientists, and there must be some secrets around the whole thing that inhibits us from moving forward.
It is George Cotsarelis from university of Pennsylvania who first found the relations between PGD2 and MPH.
So I think he must know the whole thing much better than us. I think if anyone of us here can contact him should let him known about this thread and all the discussions following. Maybe it will help with his research and will lead the whole process develop more rapidly.
I found Dr. Cotsarelis’s files on the internet, but without email address to contact him. Maybe my idea is stupid, but it is what I think and I just speak it out.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
an update (I will give one every week or two):

I am taking CET mixed with Ethanlod and pG with RU (at 6pm)

and RU (150mg) + minoxidil at 9PM

everyday for the last 5 days now ... I have been on RU (150mg) + minoxidil at 9PM before so now I am just adding CET (and increasing RU dose, sorry gotta do that).

I started OC and I stopped. OC does something for sure, but decided to switch to topical CET due to longer relief from itch (although the intensity of the relief I would say was greater under OC).

So far CET is helping reduce itch very well. It was time for my shedding to stop so I cannot attribute it to CET... I will only speak of results if I see significant thickening or new unexpected growth.

mddd

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm extremely interested in joining in to this experiment. I'll be purchasing CET soon.

I think someone mentioned a CET hair loss study. Has a link to that been posted? Forgive me if it's already in this thread.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you guys applying the topical? few drops all around the scalp then massaging it?

ps. I already bought 6 months worth of allergies pills! Im ready to be on board!

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How are you guys applying the topical? few drops all around the scalp then massaging it?

I use 1ml day and night, just like minoxidil.

- - - Updated - - -

cotsarel@mail.med.upenn.edu

I shot him an email regarding his thoughts on this experiment.

Great! Hope he responds with some pointers. Might be a way to bypass clinical trials... hundreds of willing subjects here I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

Another lurker joining the cetirizine bandwagon. Norwood 1.5, been on minoxidil foam 10 months and responding well. Been on the fence about starting finasteride, but then this all started! Anyway, like alot of people on this thread i'm trying to figure out the best way to deliver this to the scalp while minimizing systemic absorbtion. I found the following study on topical delivery methods for cetirizine and their rates of absorption in rabbits. The study mentions liposomal encapsulation as a seemingly superior delivery method. Some quick googling and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBp879mfgI as a method of making liposomal encapsulated vitamin C, but I have no ideas if it's accomplished what it claims (I'm biased against of any 'holistic' source of information). Anybody have any info on this process? Seems to me the plan would be to dissolve the cetirizine water, then mix with lecithin in an ultrasonic cleaner. Anybody see any problems with this approach?

Post the study about Cetirizine if you have it or even a link.

I think for Vit C liposomal encapsulation is done to get the Vit C past the intestines, not sure it would work for a topical. Or are
you talking about taking Cet orally?

- - - Updated - - -

an update (I will give one every week or two):

I am taking CET mixed with Ethanlod and pG with RU (at 6pm)

and RU (150mg) + minoxidil at 9PM

everyday for the last 5 days now ... I have been on RU (150mg) + minoxidil at 9PM before so now I am just adding CET (and increasing RU dose, sorry gotta do that).

I started OC and I stopped. OC does something for sure, but decided to switch to topical CET due to longer relief from itch (although the intensity of the relief I would say was greater under OC).

So far CET is helping reduce itch very well. It was time for my shedding to stop so I cannot attribute it to CET... I will only speak of results if I see significant thickening or new unexpected growth.

Keep the update coming guys!