Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

abcdefg

Reaction score
If your in a desperate situation maybe you would try anything even this but we all know experimenting with stuff like this is not a good idea. When PGD2 finally turns into something its going to probably be a topical that is much safer with less sides than taking these kind of internal drugs with unknown sides. So I think waiting is the best option if your in a position to be able to which I know some guys are not.

Conpecia

Reaction score
Casperz: any updates? I've started a similar thread over at baldtruthtaIk.com and you and the Germans are my main sources of info. Very excited about cet as a topical. Thanks for all the work you're doing here.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
^ Please explain how, someone, for noobs like me who've never made an ethanol/PG vehicle before. :)

This is how i made a 3mg/mL solution of it:

1. I used a small coffee bean grinder to pulverize 30 cetirizine tablets (10mg) into powder.

2. Dissolved the powder in 50mLs of deionized water, making sure to shake up the powder and get it fully dispersed into the water with no clumps.

3. I VERY mildly warmed the water solution (like you would a baby's bottle) for 20-30mins to assist getting cetirizine in solution. Periodically shaking vial.

4. Centrifuged the Cetirizine solution so that all filler material was in bottom of vial and took off the supernatant. Alternatively, you could just let the filler settle out by letting the mixture sit overnight - they should separate pretty well

5. Took the 50mLs of cetirizine solution (supernatant) and added 30mL of ethyl alcohol and then 20mL of propylene glycol.

I used a dermaroller and went over my head a couple times and then used an eye dropper to administer about 1-2mL of cetirizine solution over entire head. Rubbing it in with finger tips. I'll being applying this (most likely) 1x per day. Also will be using minoxidil foam 1x/day and nizoral shampoo 1-2x per week.

kamikaze2803

Reaction score
I havent experienced shedding, i am on msm and vitamin not sure if this has helped but i have been experiencing vivid dreams lately, with my eyes, nothing really too noticeable, maybe a little dryness, this is my 4th day on citirizine, I havent used minoxidil in 4 days either

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait. There's LIQUID Zyrtec? Why is anybody messing around with crushing pills and playing home scientist when there's a liquid version of the ingredient already available? Am I missing something?

It was a cost issue for me. I can get 6 months worth of the generic tablets for under $20. Liquid caps were much more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -
Hello everyone, long time reader, first time poster. I have found this to be the most exciting thread around. I am 24 now, and when I was in my undergraduate engineering my hair started to fall. I believe it is a mix of pressure and genetics, because I can see my brother being in better shape than I am and he is 6 years older than me. He hasn't taken the heat of engineering and all nighters, low carb diets, and general suicidal behavior that comes with being in engineering. Now that being said, I will be starting liquid Zyrtec + minoxidil 5%. I am going to start at the temples like the German dude. I am not in the mood for a lot of shedding right, also I am a little cautious after all I am putting medication on the very few valuable sailors I have left on my head. I'm a realist, and even I feel a bit excited due to the German and Casperz's results. I shall post monthly pictures (or when I see craziness) when I start, wish me luck.

Seems like a reasonable approach. Keep us updated. The more information we have the better.

- - - Updated - - -

If your in a desperate situation maybe you would try anything even this but we all know experimenting with stuff like this is not a good idea. When PGD2 finally turns into something its going to probably be a topical that is much safer with less sides than taking these kind of internal drugs with unknown sides. So I think waiting is the best option if your in a position to be able to which I know some guys are not.

This is so true! If I had anywhere near full head of hair I would not be trying crap like this. At this point though I've got nothing to lose. But I'm not desperate, I've shaved my head in the past, I just like the way I look with hair rather than no hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Casperz: any updates? I've started a similar thread over at baldtruthtaIk.com and you and the Germans are my main sources of info. Very excited about cet as a topical. Thanks for all the work you're doing here.

The dramatic difference right now is I've got no shedding at all. I normally see many hairs in my sink and bathroom counter and I'm not
seeing any at all which is very unusual so that is a plus. I'm also seeing more and more small black hairs. It's hard to see any growth but they've
only been visible for a couple of weeks now. I think I'm going to stop watching so close and let things happen.

Right now there are no negatives. The insomnia I experience the first few weeks seems to be gone as well as the eye dryness. My scalp looks
and feels healthier than it has in a long time. Bottom line is I'm waiting like everyone else.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Great thread, will be keeping a close eye on this one.
Good luck to u all.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
SAM_5858.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i have been using the pgd2 topic for allmost 6 weeks..and currently for this two weeks ive been using minoxidil mixed with vodka... since the minoxidil really irritates my skin, These are the results after allmost 2 months... im sorry i dont have a before pic.. but couldnt manage to take pictures that time.. ny next update will be in a month from now.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 18765

- - - Updated - - -

i have been using the pgd2 topic for allmost 6 weeks..and currently for this two weeks ive been using minoxidil mixed with vodka... since the minoxidil really irritates my skin, These are the results after allmost 2 months... im sorry i dont have a before pic.. but couldnt manage to take pictures that time.. ny next update will be in a month from now.[/QUOTa

Can you provide some explanation of what we're looking at? Is that all new growth in the temples or was that already there?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys don't mind a lot of pictures, the results are just too exciting not to share. It seems like the hairs are getting thicker and more common each day. I can clearly see hundreds if not thousands of vellus hairs turning dark and getting longer. Here is a area that is about an inch behind where my hairline was at one point. Now my hairline is at least an inch behind this point. This area has been slick bald for at least 20 years.

The second shot is an area further back and it looks to me like most of the vellus hairs are getting dark near the root and thicker.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 18765

- - - Updated - - -

i have been using the pgd2 topic for allmost 6 weeks..and currently for this two weeks ive been using minoxidil mixed with vodka... since the minoxidil really irritates my skin, These are the results after allmost 2 months... im sorry i dont have a before pic.. but couldnt manage to take pictures that time.. ny next update will be in a month from now.

If all that temple hair is new(and I suspect it is) you may have a full head of hair in a year... congrats man!

Attachments

• 20121106_0001.jpg
    20121106_0001.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 20121106_0012.jpg
    20121106_0012.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 465

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
i can tell you 95 % of the temple hair came from the pgd2 blocker the rest 5% can be hair that was allready there.. but i really remember.. in that area there was no sign of hair and it was completely bald. Now even if im not so close to the mirror i can see the temple hairs. I will take a picture of the same area next month after the picture so you all can see better next time. But my left temple isnt responding well as right the temple which is the side taken picture of.

RebelHair

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was a user of finasteride and liquid min for a couple of years and had good results,
But i suffered a lot from the sides! I stopped both and now i am inspired to try Centrizine.

I recently bought Liquid Centrizine, Its called Alerid its made by Cipla in India.
Its very cheap and would cost around 5$ for a year (1ml a day)

Here are the ingredients mentioned:

Cetrizine Hydrochloride IP ...5mg
Flavored syrup base...

Do you think the syrup base will be an issue while using it?
Also what regimen do you recommend along with nizoral?

Last edited:

what

Established Member
Reaction score
i can tell you 95 % of the temple hair came from the pgd2 blocker the rest 5% can be hair that was allready there.. but i really remember.. in that area there was no sign of hair and it was completely bald. Now even if im not so close to the mirror i can see the temple hairs. I will take a picture of the same area next month after the picture so you all can see better next time. But my left temple isnt responding well as right the temple which is the side taken picture of.

Thanks for the update - that is truly an exciting result to see! If you keep getting this type of response, you'll be doing shampoo commercials in another 9 months!

Reaction score

Wow if all those shorter hairs in the temporal area are with cet, this is something to get excited about. I've been doing it for about a month now and I'm seeing lots of vellus getting longer and a few darker ones coming out. I shed quite a bit but now I think I'm on the tail end of it. I started with 70 mg cet dissolved in 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar and that seemed to absorb fine but I got sick of smelling like vinegar. Now I'm using 140 cet in 2oz. of water/vodka combo. I'm not gonna jump for joy just yet but this could be IT fellas.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Wow if all those shorter hairs in the temporal area are with cet, this is something to get excited about. I've been doing it for about a month now and I'm seeing lots of vellus getting longer and a few darker ones coming out. I shed quite a bit but now I think I'm on the tail end of it. I started with 70 mg cet dissolved in 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar and that seemed to absorb fine but I got sick of smelling like vinegar. Now I'm using 140 cet in 2oz. of water/vodka combo. I'm not gonna jump for joy just yet but this could be IT fellas.

2oz total water and vodka?? 1 oz of each??