Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just so I understand the cet is dissolved in the water and the filler will be what drops to the bottom, and we need to extract the water only.

Without minoxidil this probably wont work for someone like me.

form

Reaction score
Just so I understand the cet is dissolved in the water and the filler will be what drops to the bottom, and we need to extract the water only.

Right. I'm continuing with minoxidil, but applying this stuff first (the alcohol dries relatively fast 10-15 minutes). It would be great to mix this stuff right into the minoxidil.

form

Reaction score
Ethanol on the left, isopropyl on the right. This is approx 20 minutes after mixing 10 tablets in 10 ml of each. Ethanol seems to be settling quicker(?). I suppose I should test water as well.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Any updates on results from people that use this?

I've been using Cet about six weeks and I have small black hairs coming in and many many new vellus hairs over my entire scalp, neither
of which were there before Cet. You can see in the pictures where the vellus hairs are light and thin at the ends and get dark and thick at
the base. I've posted the pics earlier in this thread.

There are some amazing pictures on the German forum from guys that have been on Cet for a few months. Right now this looks like the
real deal but I won't be convinced until around 6 months or so. That's when all my previous treatments kicked in hard.

Just tasted the Cet/water mixture and it is very bitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Let it sit overnight and it will get much more clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that is what the German guys think. The Cet stays suspended in the water the fillers do not or do not dissolve at all. I guess
we could draw off the liquid and assume we were getting most of the Cet and then let that evaporate. I don't know how long that
would take but I would assume a while.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
casperz, just to remind us, you use cet in distilled water, or do you add anything to the solution?

Thanks very much for creating this thread and making us aware of the happenings on the German language forums BTW.

EDIT: whatever you do guys, take photographs to measure progress!

form

Reaction score

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. Hours later it hadn't really changed, which is interesting. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning as an update.

Yes, that is what the German guys think. The Cet stays suspended in the water the fillers do not or do not dissolve at all. I guess
we could draw off the liquid and assume we were getting most of the Cet and then let that evaporate. I don't know how long that

You should be able to boil the water off. This would be a good (and easy) exercise if someone wanted to see if they could recover the cet as a powder! Just dont go above that 200 C temperature. :eek:nfire: Anyone up for that?

- - - Updated - - -

casperz, just to remind us, you use cet in distilled water, or do you add anything to the solution?

Thanks very much for creating this thread and making us aware of the happenings on the German language forums BTW.

I believe he is only using tap water.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Cet about six weeks and I have small black hairs coming in and many many new vellus hairs over my entire scalp, neither
of which were there before Cet. You can see in the pictures where the vellus hairs are light and thin at the ends and get dark and thick at
the base. I've posted the pics earlier in this thread.

There are some amazing pictures on the German forum from guys that have been on Cet for a few months. Right now this looks like the
real deal but I won't be convinced until around 6 months or so. That's when all my previous treatments kicked in hard.

Just tasted the Cet/water mixture and it is very bitter.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

From a paper i came across i found that Cetirizine is soluble in water, methanol and ethanol. So, if you substitute methanol instead of water,draw off the supernatant, then the evaporation process would happen much quicker - you could probably aid it with some mild heat without having to worry about breaking down the molecule. Using just water would take forever to evaporate.

I've got propylene glycol and am still waiting on my delivery of cetirizine - wish it would hurry up and get here already.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing - i would hesitate to use tap water. It contains tons of minerals and ions that could potentially bind to the molecule and inactivate it. You're best using filtered/deionized water.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Another thing - i would hesitate to use tap water. It contains tons of minerals and ions that could potentially bind to the molecule and inactivate it. You're best using filtered/deionized water.

I wonder if mixing it with Tricomin would cause this effect to occur...Cet seems to dissolve well in Tricomin

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. i was wondering.. i'm taking a couple weeks "Aerius desloratadine" a antihistamine for my allergy. Why could this work against alopecia androgenetica?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score

EDIT: whatever you do guys, take photographs to measure progress!

I'm using 60ml of tap water with 600mg of Cet mixed in an old minoxidil bottle. I crush the tablets before adding them to the water
and then let it sit for 24hours. I draw off the top of the mixture. I just got to the end of my second bottle(54 days worth for both) and it gets milky toward the bottom from the fillers. It's also sticky at this point and my hair
sticks together. I'll probably try filtering it for the next batch.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent point, it seems to be working with tap water but maybe it's even more potent with distilled.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I posted this pic before or not. The picture is a German guy (minox86) after 2 months of Cet use. I've been using it for 54 days and I'm not seeing this amount of regrowth but I've also been slick bald in places for at least 15 years.

Attachments

• 2-months.jpg
    2-months.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 665

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that picture - that is crazy! I've not seen anything grow hair like that, ever. If it can grow hair like that on a patch of skin devoid of any hair growth (and probably has been bald for numerous years) what might it do for the existing hair??? Do you know if this guy is reporting any increases in density of his remaining hair?

I'm stopping at the supermaket and picking some up tonight - i need to start this now :)

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. Hours later it hadn't really changed, which is interesting. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning as an update.

You should be able to boil the water off. This would be a good (and easy) exercise if someone wanted to see if they could recover the cet as a powder! Just dont go above that 200 C temperature. :eek:nfire: Anyone up for that?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe he is only using tap water.

Once I get the cet I will attempt the boiling bit with a tab or two. I might dump it into the oven and set it to 190c.

- - - Updated - - -

I will buy the following; dropper, measuring cup, test tube if i can find it and destilled water, anything else I should purchase?

What is the best ie cheap tool to extract the water?

form

Reaction score
Once I get the cet I will attempt the boiling bit with a tab or two. I might dump it into the oven and set it to 190c.

- - - Updated - - -

I will buy the following; dropper, measuring cup, test tube if i can find it and destilled water, anything else I should purchase?

What is the best ie cheap tool to extract the water?

Not sure if you need any of these, but here are some items that I bought:

Test Tubes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NW96BK
Mortar and Pestle: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FRYBPY
Graduated Cylinder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018QC7ZQ

I also need to pick up some pipettes. Right now I've just been using my minoxidil dropper to extract the liquid. However, that doesn't really work when I need to take liquid from the test tubes.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I posted this pic before or not. The picture is a German guy (minox86) after 2 months of Cet use. I've been using it for 54 days and I'm not seeing this amount of regrowth but I've also been slick bald in places for at least 15 years.

Holy s*! I hope that's real.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score

This is what my temples look like now as well.

EDIT-- I meant to quote the picture.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is what my temples look like now as well.

EDIT-- I meant to quote the picture.

That is great, one more positive report. How long have you been on Cet?

I'm trying to stay low key but the growth I'm seeing while not as good as the German guys pic is more than what I've gotten with
anything else. If the baby hairs that I have now continue to grow I could have close to a full head of hair in a year. It's looking a
lot more like PGD2 is what puts follicles to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I used was an old minoxidil bottle and the Cet. I had a morter and pestle and I think you need one, 60 pills are a lot to crush.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe 3-4 months. I work an odd schedule, so its hard for me to keep track of exact dates ect.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I'm using 60ml of tap water with 600mg of Cet mixed in an old minoxidil bottle. I crush the tablets before adding them to the water
and then let it sit for 24hours. I draw off the top of the mixture. I just got to the end of my second bottle(54 days worth for both) and it gets milky toward the bottom from the fillers. It's also sticky at this point and my hair
sticks together. I'll probably try filtering it for the next batch.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine looks like the one of the left until I get to the very bottom of the mixture. It works it's just not
the most exacting process.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent point, it seems to be working with tap water but maybe it's even more potent with distilled.

- - - Updated - - -

So the stuff on the bottom is CET that didn't dissolve...so that can be recovered and re-used...I guess when we're talking concentrations, you might be getter more CET in another medium than water to dissolve...

...for the first time I took pictures...I was pretty shocked to see the scope of the loss on my crown and vertex....to be honest, I don't know if my donor area is gonna cut it....if CET can hold on to what I have, a hair transplant will be worth it for the front, but otherwise, it wouldn't bee...

genecleaner_PhD

Reaction score
Hi,
Just joined this forum...
I will try cetrizine topically, in low % EtOH / destilled water, starting next week and will post my results here.
I am NWIII, and do not follow any treatment regime wich will make my experiment less confounded with other factors.
I am a researcher in molecular biology and have read a lot about hair loss in the primary literature. My belief (as many others' with me) after reading up is that male pattern baldness is dependent on inflammatory response, and that DHT is clearly necessary but not sufficient for the hair miniaturization. I have been looking for compounds reducing inflammatory response, and that this is why I will now try cetrizine.
Let's see how it goes.