Topical Bicalutamide Log (lets See If This Works)

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Though I would make this thread

Just received my order of Bicalutamide. I didnt know what to mix it in so I ordered K&B solution and will try that. I wanted to use whatever they use to make minoxidil foam and apply that way but I think kb might be similar as they boat make a film layer on the scalp

If anyone has suggestions let me know.

Once the KB arrives I'll take before pics and post em

EDIT: First application: feels 100x better than topical spironolactone. No headache, no bad smell, no feeling like sh*t (yet). I will wait 2 days and then take an "anavar pill" (explained a few posts below) and use the solution. I will wait before the itch starts before I use the solution. If its able to stop the itch and the immediate shedding I get from it I will be very optimistic about this experiment.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Captain, we're on a collision course with massive side effects. Brace for impact in 3, 2, 1...

el_duterino

Reaction score
long serum half life = guaranteed side effects over time like limp noodles and such

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
long serum half life = guaranteed side effects over time like limp noodles and such

It would actually be very desireable to have a drug have a long half life if it didnt go systemic. Sucks we dont live in such a world. It will go systemic but how much. Will I be able to drop finasteride on it, we'll see. In any case I find this much safer than using Enza... which has potential to destroy androgen receptors.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
K&B solution arrived today

I mixed a small 10ml batch, 15mg per ml to test if I notice any immediate side effects.

So I had ordered some anavar that I was going to include in my first ever cycle but I took one pill a couple days ago to see how it would effect me. Now I'm not sure if this was anavar or if it was really winstrol because I had the worst scalp itching the past 3. I shed SO much hair, I have never shed anywhere near that much. But the tale tale sign I was losing hair was the itch

I was using my homemade spironolactone gel to combat the itch and it alieviated the itch for a couple of hours, but not completely. So now I'm thinking of running an intresting experiment. I might take another "anavar" and try this bicalutamide solution to see if I feel any relief of the itch and adjust the dosage such that the itch is gone.

First I will wait

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to take the anavar pill today, f*** it.

Im honestly doubting this is gonna work now becuase I realized that I was hardly able to dissolve any of it as the solubility is basically 1mg per ml which is god awfull.

No shedding yet, mild itch but that might be from the solution itself or me worrying about an oncoming itch so much. Its not nearly as strong as before, however the itch was the strongest on days 2-4 after the pill so I will have to wait and see

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Day 2 after anavar pill. Still no shedding or itching. Didn’t even take finasteride today. Still have to wait tho. Don’t want to be let down by being optimistic

el_duterino

Reaction score
It would actually be very desireable to have a drug have a long half life if it didnt go systemic. Sucks we dont live in such a world. It will go systemic but how much. Will I be able to drop finasteride on it, we'll see. In any case I find this much safer than using Enza... which has potential to destroy androgen receptors.

you dont seem to understand the term Serum half life. It means how long it stays in the blood serum so by definition it goes systemic.

AR get replenished all the time - destroying AR is a good mode of action for male pattern baldness - if it were not for long serum half life of the drug itslef

Not sure why you waste your time with bicalutamide, this is a very old drug from the early 1980's and quite weak compared to DARO.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to take the anavar pill today, f*** it.

Im honestly doubting this is gonna work now becuase I realized that I was hardly able to dissolve any of it as the solubility is basically 1mg per ml which is god awfull.

No shedding yet, mild itch but that might be from the solution itself or me worrying about an oncoming itch so much. Its not nearly as strong as before, however the itch was the strongest on days 2-4 after the pill so I will have to wait and see
Update

Day 2 after anavar pill. Still no shedding or itching. Didn’t even take finasteride today. Still have to wait tho. Don’t want to be let down by being optimistic
Well now I'm curious. Why do you take Anavar if you're so concerned about hair loss?

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why you waste your time with bicalutamide, this is a very old drug from the early 1980's and quite weak compared to DARO.
What do you think would be a better option for long term oral supplementation, Bicalutamide, Darolutamide, Enzalutamide or Apalutamide, taking everything into consideration? Everything refers to safety, effectiveness, development of resistance, cost, availability, side effects, et cetra.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think he's just using bica for its cost and availability. I agree that daro would be a better option.

What do you think would be a better option for long term oral supplementation, Bicalutamide, Darolutamide, Enzalutamide or Apalutamide, taking everything into consideration? Everything refers to safety, effectiveness, development of resistance, cost, availability, side effects, et cetra.
Safety and side effects: darolutamide. It doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier and it doesn't block feedback of the HPG axis. Least chance for cognitive, emotional, or sexual side effects. Bica has a chance of hepatoxicity (although this is easy to watch out for with liver tests) due to elevated liver enzymes in 1% of people. Enza and apal both have increased risk of seizure in 1% of people.

Cost and availability: bicalutamide. Hands down.

Bica is safe enough to try. If it does work for hairloss we can wait for daro to become more commercially available and cheap.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you dont seem to understand the term Serum half life. It means how long it stays in the blood serum so by definition it goes systemic.

AR get replenished all the time - destroying AR is a good mode of action for male pattern baldness - if it were not for long serum half life of the drug itslef

well daro does damage to the ar so on the chane it goes systemin i dont want to cause too much damage

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well daro does damage to the ar so on the chane it goes systemin i dont want to cause too much damage

The steroid will destroy your hairs no matter what you use. However anavar is mild than winstrol or dianabol. Sorry bro but your experiment is not sense.
I did steroids in the past and i noticed the damage to hairs after 3-4 months.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The steroid will destroy your hairs no matter what you use. However anavar is mild than winstrol or dianabol. Sorry bro but your experiment is not sense.
I did steroids in the past and i noticed the damage to hairs after 3-4 months.
This was definitely fake winstrol. I have taken anavar in the past and this reaction is totally different

Ughh i hate clueless comments like these.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he's just using bica for its cost and availability. I agree that daro would be a better option.

Safety and side effects: darolutamide. It doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier and it doesn't block feedback of the HPG axis. Least chance for cognitive, emotional, or sexual side effects. Bica has a chance of hepatoxicity (although this is easy to watch out for with liver tests) due to elevated liver enzymes in 1% of people. Enza and apal both have increased risk of seizure in 1% of people.

Cost and availability: bicalutamide. Hands down.

Bica is safe enough to try. If it does work for hairloss we can wait for daro to become more commercially available and cheap.
What about resistance? We do know that androgen receptors in prostate cancer cells like LNCaP-BC2 or LNCaP develop resistance to Bicalutamide when it's used as monotherapy. But I don't know about the androgen receptors of other cells, like those in hair follicles. There have been anecdotal claims that prolonged exposure to anti-androgens, like Finasteride, Dutasteride, RU58841 and perhaps a couple more AAs, has made the hair follicles even more sensitive and they were bound to increase their dosage and finally switch to Flutamide or Cyproterone Acetate. Some claim that Bicalutamide makes their scalps oilier and itchy and had no effect on their hair loss, though my experience is just the opposite.
Is there a possibility that after years of Dutasteride, the androgen receptors were so sensitive to testosterone that they didn't bind to Bicalutamide, just like they do in the testes, where androgen levels are high enough to prevent binding of Bicalutamide?
The only theory that I can possibly think of about the unexpected failure of Bicalutamide is that since Bicalutamide takes around three months to reach its stable serum levels, it's not sufficient enough to dominate over the already flaring testosterone and DHT, that occurred due to withdrawal of Dutasteride. But it still doesn't explain why the dose needs to be increased over time when it seemed to have been working well before.
I'm just concerned about developing resistance to oral Bicalutamide, because if it happens and second generation NSAAs don't become available and affordable by then, then the only option that'd be left to me will be surgical castration or GnRH analogues.