Today i have my first Hair system, im not happy at all.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
They told me there is no problem and they will remove that and it will be fully transparent like in the middle.
I suspect in the middle i havent any reaction, but in the temples where there are those darker and white tapes there is a slighty reaction, maybe im wrong..
Probably the glue of the white adeshive is the same of the transparent in the middle
Use ghostbond.

Also....hypoallergenic does not mean you cannot be allergic. It simply means it causes "fewer reactions"

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use ghostbond.

Also....hypoallergenic does not mean you cannot be allergic. It simply means it causes "fewer reactions"
Yes you are right..
Just a moment ago i read that liquid glue water based its the most hypoallergenic, even more than hypoallergenics tapes..is it right ?

Noah

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear what happened, Arnold. I feel bad now about being dismissive about this earlier.

You could try sticking the system on with strong hairgel - Got2BGlued is a popular brand. Have you had any medical issues with products like that in the past?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you are right..
Just a moment ago i read that liquid glue water based its the most hypoallergenic, even more than hypoallergenics tapes..is it right ?
Remember hypoallergenic simply means fewer reactions....It could be 1% fewer....... You need to see what works for you.... Manufacturers always suggest doing a patch tests. There is no such thing as universally safe(er) for all.....

I have a reaction to super tape...Which should be chemically equal to ultrahold......Yet zero issue with UH.

If I were in that position...I'd apply a couple inch round section of GB to a sensitive area....like inner/upper arm for 12 hrs....and see

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Remember hypoallergenic simply means fewer reactions....It could be 1% fewer....... You need to see what works for you....with 12hr patch tests. There is no such thing as universally safe(er) for all.....

I have a reaction to super tape...Which should be chemically equal to ultrahold......Yet zero issue with UH.

I'd apply a couple inch round section of GB to a sensitive area....like inner/upper arm for 12 hrs....and see
Very sorry to hear what happened, Arnold. I feel bad now about being dismissive about this earlier.

You could try sticking the system on with strong hairgel - Got2BGlued is a popular brand. Have you had any medical issues with products like that in the past?
No problem noah..my mother was thinking too the same but unluckily it wasnt a cold.
Im from argentina, here we dont have that strong hair gel or anything similar.
All the allergic reactions i had were to foods and drugs until yesterday...

i dont know if trying another tape brand or just go ahead with liquid based water glue..

also the transparent tape in the middle is different from the white i had in the temples? Because they told me the darker was more strong so maybe is different..

Noah

Reaction score
In light of the problem you have had, I think the advice to do a skin test before using anything else is good advice.

My guess - but it is only a guess - is that water-based glue will turn out to be the best solution (no pun intended!).

Good luck

Noah

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Arnold, find out what was the white tape, so that you can take control of the situation and prevent further reactions.

As mentioned, if last your picture was taken after you removed your piece, it is NOT normal. I have never seen opaque hair tape( white in this case). Unless i am not aware ( other senior members can chime in please) all hair tape is transparent when applied ( when backing removed)
Something went wrong in your attachment which could be the cause of your reaction.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Arnold, find out what was the white tape, so that you can take control of the situation and prevent further reactions.

As mentioned, if last your picture was taken after you removed your piece, it is NOT normal. I have never seen opaque hair tape( white in this case). Unless i am not aware ( other senior members can chime in please) all hair tape is transparent when applied ( when backing removed)
Something went wrong in your attachment which could be the cause of your reaction.
The white tape is more stronger adhesive than transparent. They applied me that because was my first time and didnt know if my skin will hold well the tape.

I doubt now if trying again with only the transparent tape or go ahead with white water based glue

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
The white tape is more stronger adhesive than transparent. They applied me that because was my first time and didnt know if my skin will hold well the tape.

I doubt now if trying again with only the transparent tape or go ahead with white water based glue
I've never seen a double sided white tape, for hair systems.

It looks like 3m foam tape. Is it paper thin, or thick and foam like?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know man, i cant understand which is.

In the last photos i updated, that redness looks like an allergic rash or is just irritation from the tape ? Its not clear to me.

im thinking about trying a second time but only with the transparents ones, not sure about that, i will decide in the next following days

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know man, i cant understand which is.

In the last photos i updated, that redness looks like an allergic rash or is just irritation from the tape ? Its not clear to me.

im thinking about trying a second time but only with the transparents ones, not sure about that, i will decide in the next following days
You don't know if the tape is paper thin...or thick and foam like?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don't know if the tape is paper thin...or thick and foam like?
yes i dont know man. i can give you a photo with more zoom if you want.

however, im going to use the water base glue, it's not expensive. next week i will start with that. also the same guy will adjust the hairline of the piece from Norwood 0 to nw1.5/n2. i hope in a better luck.

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys how can i remove the tape's glue from my scalp without buy a remover ? alcohol is enough ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you know what a piece of notebook paper is? Is it significantly thicker than that, or about the same? And by significantly, I mean 20+times thicker.
it's the same !
why your question ?

the tape's glue is acrylic based right ? i should avoid it

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's the same !
why your question ?

the tape's glue is acrylic based right ? i should avoid it
Arnold, we don't know because you are not providing us the name of test white tape. It doesnt look like hair tape. Looks like household 2 sided, one side black, which showed on your hairline....and backside white. Not usual...

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Arnold, we don't know because you are not providing us the name of test white tape. It doesnt look like hair tape. Looks like household 2 sided, one side black, which showed on your hairline....and backside white. Not usual...
Hi , i don't know the name of the white tape, and i wont know it because i have no intention to come back to the saloon. i will just switch to white glue water based which i have to apply myself.
they told me that the white tape is more stronger, last more time, since i don't live near the city, they put me that. the second tape, the darker, is placed to cover the white and make less visible. but for me the darker was visible too.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi , i don't know the name of the white tape, and i wont know it because i have no intention to come back to the saloon. i will just switch to white glue water based which i have to apply myself.
they told me that the white tape is more stronger, last more time, since i don't live near the city, they put me that. the second tape, the darker, is placed to cover the white and make less visible. but for me the darker was visible too.
Seems intelligent.... bounce from product to product, without knowing what the causational issues are.