Today i have my first Hair system, im not happy at all.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, first sorry for my bad english, today i have my first hair system placed in a Clinical center , it is just in the front, my idea was to cover a bit the temples and have some good hairs to style a bit.
My goal was have some hairs but like a nw2.5 o or 3, and not be detectable from friends that i have a hair system,

but like you see in the photos, they placed it creating a nw0 hairline, i think its too much and not natural for my age ( 29yo) and from my previous situation, also it has too much density i think..

I will be back in the clinical center in 3-4 weeks for the maintenance, i would glad to know if it is possible change the shape of my hair system, like shortening it and make more temples and not a straight nw0 or im over because the only solution its buy a new one( which i cant for sure ) since once molded it cannot be modified ?

the hairs system of the blonde guy is what i would prefer with a more mature hairline.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.50.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.50.14.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 468
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.57.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 473
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.50.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 463
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 02.49.43.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 469

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, first sorry for my bad english, today i have my first hair system placed in a Clinical center , it is just in the front, my idea was to cover a bit the temples and have some good hairs to style a bit.
My goal was have some hairs but like a nw2.5 o or 3, and not be detectable from friends that i have a hair system,

but like you see in the photos, they placed it creating a nw0 hairline, i think its too much and not natural for my age ( 29yo) and from my previous situation, also it has too much density i think..

I will be back in the clinical center in 3-4 weeks for the maintenance, i would glad to know if it is possible change the shape of my hair system, like shortening it and make more temples and not a straight nw0 or im over because the only solution its buy a new one( which i cant for sure ) since once molded it cannot be modified ?

the hairs system of the blonde guy is what i would prefer with a more mature hairline.
Why would you want to wear a hair system as on a NW2/3 zone, if a hair system means to undetectably hide your hairloss?

Looking cool. If I weren't into this, I wouldn't know this was a system at first glance.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Arnold

I want to play devil's advocate for a minute, because I actually think your new system looks pretty good, and I dont feel it is inappropriate for a 29-year-old. Of course, I don't know what you looked like before the system. I can understand that you don't want a huge increase in hair which will draw attention to the system. But you need to be aware that nearly every guy who puts on a hair system for the first time feels that it is too much hair, and everyone is looking at him and knowing that it is a hairpiece. That is a trick which our brains play on us, because we have become used to seeing ourselves with thin receded hair. That feeling will wear off after a few days, as your brain gets used to the new you. So don't take any rushed decisions.

The blond guy looks good, but that is a hard style for a newbie - he has a very long fully-exposed hairline, all of which has to look perfect if it is not going to give away the system. Also, he has the advantage of having blond hair, so he does not have to worry too much about knots. That is much more of an issue for a black-haired guy like you if you are wearing a knotted hairpiece. The style you have, with the hairline covered, is much easier to cope with, particularly for your first system, and as I said, it looks good.

However, I n answer to your question, yes, it is possible to cut the system into a more receded hairline contour. But if the system has a graduated hairline (a hairline where the density increases gradually at the front) you will partly be cutting that graduated area off, and you (or your salon) will need to pluck or thin out the new areas of hairline to recreate the graduated effect. There is also a very slight colour mismatch - the frontal system is slightly blacker than your biohair. It is very slight, but I would mention that to your salon too. They should be able to fix it.

Finally, congratulations on taking the plunge. I am certain you will soon be able to get a result which will make you happy.

Noah

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey matey,

just remember -

Anything new is a shock and looks weird. Give it a few days and look in the mirror and many times a day as you can, just to desensitize you.

Styling is everything. if you think it looks odd in style 1 then try style 2 or 3 or even 4. Just play around with it. You may have planned on having it a certain way but after playing you may decide that actually it looks far better styled this other way.

Give yourself a glow up to detract your attention away from your hair. Go buy some fake tan, for example. Or just something to break you out of the mindset of what you thought you'd look like after the install.

I think you are worrying over nothing, or at least I hope you are. and im sure that once you pay around with it and let it settle in you'll be happy!

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Arnold

I want to play devil's advocate for a minute, because I actually think your new system looks pretty good, and I dont feel it is inappropriate for a 29-year-old. Of course, I don't know what you looked like before the system. I can understand that you don't want a huge increase in hair which will draw attention to the system. But you need to be aware that nearly every guy who puts on a hair system for the first time feels that it is too much hair, and everyone is looking at him and knowing that it is a hairpiece. That is a trick which our brains play on us, because we have become used to seeing ourselves with thin receded hair. That feeling will wear off after a few days, as your brain gets used to the new you. So don't take any rushed decisions.

The blond guy looks good, but that is a hard style for a newbie - he has a very long fully-exposed hairline, all of which has to look perfect if it is not going to give away the system. Also, he has the advantage of having blond hair, so he does not have to worry too much about knots. That is much more of an issue for a black-haired guy like you if you are wearing a knotted hairpiece. The style you have, with the hairline covered, is much easier to cope with, particularly for your first system, and as I said, it looks good.

However, I n answer to your question, yes, it is possible to cut the system into a more receded hairline contour. But if the system has a graduated hairline (a hairline where the density increases gradually at the front) you will partly be cutting that graduated area off, and you (or your salon) will need to pluck or thin out the new areas of hairline to recreate the graduated effect. There is also a very slight colour mismatch - the frontal system is slightly blacker than your biohair. It is very slight, but I would mention that to your salon too. They should be able to fix it.

Finally, congratulations on taking the plunge. I am certain you will soon be able to get a result which will make you happy.

Noah
Hey Noah, would it be hard to wear a midpart hairstyle? Where the hair kind of falls down on the sides and blends if you understand what i mean. When you say "long-fully-exposed hairline" do you mean that the hair is long or the hairline is long? My hairline would only partially be exposed, in the middle however the hair would be long. Would this pose a problem? Im thinking about contacting mg ford on isntagram and ask him to make me a partial hairpiece for the front. What do you think?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you all you guys for yours responses.
I must confess that i feel more optimist and less anxious after reading yours answers. I will give more time to my eyes to get accostumbres to the new look, the impact was pretty hard, however i still think i want a bit more high hairline and a temple discovered a bit, i hope noah is right and the saloon can modified this.

Last thing i havent commented yet but disturbed me a lot and makes my anxiety up is that dark border. I dont understand what is it. They tell me the put me the strongest adesive because was the first time for me. That darker is the asedesive or is the edge of the hair system itself ? You can see in the middle is imperceptible and transparent, this is how i want all around ( also like the blonde guy i post above ). I will tell this to them because any change in the hair style or a light its very visible that darker part.
74E50204-CE29-4FD9-BCF7-1D6719525067.jpeg

Attachments

• 107A2256-BE3D-4DBB-A97A-EEC60D9B4C0B.jpeg
    107A2256-BE3D-4DBB-A97A-EEC60D9B4C0B.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 110

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks good to be honest.

I remember getting mine and everyone loving it and my thinking it was way too thick and ridiculous at first.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just gone back to your original pictures and actually I can quite clearly see that black part.

There isn't any reason that should exist and they've done something wrong there to be perfectly honest.

Don't let this get you down though

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've just gone back to your original pictures and actually I can quite clearly see that black part.

There isn't any reason that should exist and they've done something wrong there to be perfectly honest.

Don't let this get you down though
Yes man, f*** its pretty visible.
tomorrow i will send a message to the saloon about it, i hope they can resolve this.

Noah

Reaction score
Hey Noah, would it be hard to wear a midpart hairstyle? Where the hair kind of falls down on the sides and blends if you understand what i mean. When you say "long-fully-exposed hairline" do you mean that the hair is long or the hairline is long? My hairline would only partially be exposed, in the middle however the hair would be long. Would this pose a problem? Im thinking about contacting mg ford on isntagram and ask him to make me a partial hairpiece for the front. What do you think?

Hi MDL - I meant that there was a long stretch of hairline (basically from temple to temple) all of which was permanently exposed to public view because of the way the hair is curled and brushed up. All of that hairline has to be attached so as to be undetectable, which is quite a big ask for someone who is new to hair systems.

No, there is no problem with wearing a mid-parted style; in fact it's rather a good style for a hair system, because as you say, only a short stretch of hairline (around where it meets the centre parting) is exposed to view, which makes this a relatively easy-care hairline. The only downside is that centre partings are not particularly in fashion at the minute, but not everyone is a fashion victim! I think if you use Mike Ford you will get an excellent result. I would be interested to see it, if you feel like sharing.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Arnold

I agree with Hairson - it looks like dye has got into the base material, which should not have happened. The salon should fix that, or give you a new system. It is another reason why you can't have an exposed hairline like the blond guy. That edge would not look realistic if it was exposed.

You look good with the hair, but I am not convinced your salon is doing the best professional job for you. Hopefully they can fix the problem quickly, but if not, my recommendation is that you quickly switch to ordering your own systems on-line and fitting them yourself. You can get as good a result as your salon. If you are interested, I would be happy to talk you through the process. It's not hard.

Noah

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Arnold

I agree with Hairson - it looks like dye has got into the base material, which should not have happened. The salon should fix that, or give you a new system. It is another reason why you can't have an exposed hairline like the blond guy. That edge would not look realistic if it was exposed.

You look good with the hair, but I am not convinced your salon is doing the best professional job for you. Hopefully they can fix the problem quickly, but if not, my recommendation is that you quickly switch to ordering your own systems on-line and fitting them yourself. You can get as good a result as your salon. If you are interested, I would be happy to talk you through the process. It's not hard.

Noah
hi Noah, i appreciate a lot your help , but i cant buy a new one now, i already purchased this one just the other day and its quite expensive in my country.

Yes you are right, that edge is terrible, im still going out with a cap cause that edge make me insecure and cant enjoy the new hairs peacefully. Today i will contact them, i hope they can give me a solution because there is a world of difference with that dark edge and without it.
The blond guy has also a frontal hair system like me but doesnt have the edge and its from the same saloon. Its not fair.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Arnold

Noah

i got a response from the saloon a few minutes ago.
They told that darker edge is the adesive, since its was my first time and i dont live near the saloon ( im from another small city distance 60km ) they put me a very strong adesive. However there is no problem to remove it and put something normal and have all the hairline transparent like the blond guy a posted above.
I feel more peace now, because it gave me a good new look more estetic , its very confortable its like i have nothing in my head, but that darker edge was pretty visible especially in the right temple and make me very anxious. In 3 weeks i will go for the maintenance and they will resolve this problem. Hopefully i will than start to enjoy the new look.

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
i got a response from the saloon a few minutes ago.
They told that darker edge is the adesive, since its was my first time and i dont live near the saloon ( im from another small city distance 60km ) they put me a very strong adesive. However there is no problem to remove it and put something normal and have all the hairline transparent like the blond guy a posted above.
I feel more peace now, because it gave me a good new look more estetic , its very confortable its like i have nothing in my head, but that darker edge was pretty visible especially in the right temple and make me very anxious. In 3 weeks i will go for the maintenance and they will resolve this problem. Hopefully i will than start to enjoy the new look.
Good luck with everything Arnold, wish you nothing but success with the system.

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Until I saw your second set of photos showing the hairline I honestly thought you were a troll having a laugh - it looks totally natural when you can't see the hairline up close. I understand that a nw2 style is very natural and I would agree with you as it looks both more natural and less shocking for those who know you with less hair. The colour match is perfect and so is the texture. Also matches skin tone well. Maybe get a thinner system next time with a less strong hairline (nw2 instead of nw0). You are also fortunate to have the temple hairs that people who are losing their hair lose as the sides recede (which is why I was suspicious you weren't really wearing a system). Do you have any natural hair photos of your hair loss to compare?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Until I saw your second set of photos showing the hairline I honestly thought you were a troll having a laugh - it looks totally natural when you can't see the hairline up close. I understand that a nw2 style is very natural and I would agree with you as it looks both more natural and less shocking for those who know you with less hair. The colour match is perfect and so is the texture. Also matches skin tone well. Maybe get a thinner system next time with a less strong hairline (nw2 instead of nw0). You are also fortunate to have the temple hairs that people who are losing their hair lose as the sides recede (which is why I was suspicious you weren't really wearing a system). Do you have any natural hair photos of your hair loss to compare?
Surely only some people lose their temple hair, I still have mine, but agree it does help.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome Arnold. I agree with others, your haircut, and look is great. But that dark base is very curious. Happy that they will resolve the issue. If you can find out which glue they used,and tell us, it would help us better understand. Also, if you can ask them , the type of base it is, (poly or lace) . You may be able to find this out on your order, piece description.
Let us know how things go. Thanks