Today i have my first Hair system, im not happy at all.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to get a similar outline when I would mix toppik with a partial system (if I didn’t clean the base well), back before I made the big plunge. Congrats btw! I was super emotional when I got my first full unit. It’s like… I loved it…but I also felt overwhelmed, nervous and even sad. I would constantly check the mirror. 3+ years later…shiiiii I don’t even worry about it. While I will always wonder “what if I had gone the surgery route?”…I know even 2 or 3 surgeries wouldn’t give me the look I want (lost too much hair on top). So, man-weave all of the way. As for you, the hard part is over. Once you get this sorted out, it gets a whole lot easier.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to get a similar outline when I would mix toppik with a partial system (if I didn’t clean the base well), back before I made the big plunge. Congrats btw! I was super emotional when I got my first full unit. It’s like… I loved it…but I also felt overwhelmed, nervous and even sad. I would constantly check the mirror. 3+ years later…shiiiii I don’t even worry about it. While I will always wonder “what if I had gone the surgery route?”…I know even 2 or 3 surgeries wouldn’t give me the look I want (lost too much hair on top). So, man-weave all of the way. As for you, the hard part is over. Once you get this sorted out, it gets a whole lot easier.

i agree mate..with the best of hair transplant you wont have the natural thick hairs of a system, also you dont need to take finasteride which affect male sexual hormone. The hairs transplanted will fall anyway in a 5-10 years..

i feel happy to have again hairs to style..but i think they put too much and with a norwood 0 hairline. I want less densitiy, a bit of more high hairline with temples a little out . Hope the saloon can adjust it.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i agree mate..with the best of hair transplant you wont have the natural thick hairs of a system, also you dont need to take finasteride which affect male sexual hormone. The hairs transplanted will fall anyway in a 5-10 years..

i feel happy to have again hairs to style..but i think they put too much and with a norwood 0 hairline. I want less densitiy, a bit of more high hairline with temples a little out . Hope the saloon can adjust it.
Yeah, they’ll sort it out. It took me a few months to get the look I felt 100% comfortable with.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, they’ll sort it out. It took me a few months to get the look I felt 100% comfortable with.

I'm 3 months in and feeling just like this and the other responses but I'm pretty "used" to it now.

Arnold, at least you are going all in right away. I did toppik with buzzed hair for almost 20 years and didn't give that up for a system until my early 50s (the rest of me, especially my skin looks very young for my age, think Ralph Macchio (who is rumored to wear too), otherwise I probably would've given up and buzzed it by now). Looks good and I'm sure you'll look fantastic once you get that issue fixed.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 3 months in and feeling just like this and the other responses but I'm pretty "used" to it now.

Arnold, at least you are going all in right away. I did toppik with buzzed hair for almost 20 years and didn't give that up for a system until my early 50s (the rest of me, especially my skin looks very young for my age, think Ralph Macchio (who is rumored to wear too), otherwise I probably would've given up and buzzed it by now). Looks good and I'm sure you'll look fantastic once you get that issue fixed.
I used toppik too for 1 or 2 years when i have some hairs left and it worked worderfull but now i lost almost all the front, the most estetic, and i want to look good, not for the others but to feel good with me..i felt pretty depressed when i get an allergy from finasteride and known the only solution was resignation to be bald, when i discovered this solution , it was like a resurrection in my mood.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

Some hair transplants look amazing. And the hairs wont fall out in 5-10 years not sure where you've heard that.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, the salons reasoning behind the black base is dubious. 'strong' glue, why on earth would that = black?

They must have noticed how black it is during install, which makes me think their motives are suspect. Is it a proper frontal unit? or have they perhaps just tried to make extra cash by dying and cutting up an old wig and used that to create your frontal piece?

I don't know, but what I do know is whatever line they feed you regarding the reason don't assume it's the truth. Depending on how your next visit goes (the one where they fix the issue) i'd look at another Salon for the future.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wore my hair system Wednesday, but saturday im feeling my nose blocked ( like an allergic rhinitis) and i trouble breathing a bit.
They bond the hair system with a hypoallergenic adhesive tape. I havent any itching ( just slightly but i think its normal) and other simptoms for now.
Could a adhesive tape cause simptoms like mine or the only allergic simptoms should be a topical dermatitis ?

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wore my hair system Wednesday, but saturday im feeling my nose blocked ( like an allergic rhinitis) and i trouble breathing a bit.
They bond the hair system with a hypoallergenic adhesive tape. I havent any itching ( just slightly but i think its normal) and other simptoms for now.
Could a adhesive tape cause simptoms like mine or the only allergic simptoms should be a topical dermatitis ?
Nope not after 24 hours anyway.
I always patch test things anyway.

It sounds like COVID you got or asthma + a cold.

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really hope its a cold.
I did a rapid research and unluckily i found 2 cases of anaphylaxis , they were allergic to latex of the glue.
I don’t understand how something in contact with the skin can cause systemic reaction..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a rapid research and unluckily i found 2 cases of anaphylaxis , they were allergic to latex of the glue.
I don’t understand how something in contact with the skin can cause systemic reaction..

Redeye Ninja

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be within 20 mins to 2 hours with anaphylaxis not days later.
Although that can happen on the 2nd time like with wasp/bees stings.

And the breathing difficulties would be severe,rash all over the body,throat closing up,massive blood pressure drop,etc.
I've had that from an antibiotic within 30 mins which I had to go to hospital for.

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This notion of certain norwoods at certain ages and it looking normal or not is complete horseshit, its about the hairline itself, not about it beeing good or not at a specific age, a 50 year old can have a Norwood 0 and looking great and natural, and a 20 year old can have Norwood 0 and it looks like sh*t bc it was a failed hair transplant.
Imagine someone said "oh Mr Reagan your hair looks so unnatural for your age. You better do something about it so it looks more natural for your age" lol.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, today i woke up with my face swelling, i didnt have eat anything or take a drug.
I am forced to remove the piece i havent another choice. It was bond with an hypoallergenic tape so its pretty incredible.
Seems like im destiny to live depressed.

update: i remove the piece and thereafter my the swelling in my face is down and also i can feel i can fully breath again...
:(

Last edited:

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, today i woke up with my face swelling, i didnt have eat anything or take a drug.
I am forced to remove the piece i havent another choice. It was bond with an hypoallergenic tape so its pretty incredible.
Seems like im destiny to live depressed.

update: i remove the piece and thereafter my the swelling in my face is down and also i can feel i can fully breath again...
:(
That’s odd. Hopefully, you can find an adhesive that works.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
brief summary:

So, on Wednesday I put on a frontal protesis, , i put it in an institute that has been dedicated to this for many years, they put some hypoallergenic tapes as an adhesive, they told me that since it was the first time they were going to put me the most stronger ones to see how my skin adapt. They also explained to me that these tapes are put on people with damaged skin, hyperalergic people and people with chemo treatments and that they have never registered an allergy problem in 20 years since they worked because they are hypoallergenic and totally safe.
Sincve Saturday I began to have trouble breathing, the air did not enter fully in my nose despite not having snots, it seemed strange to me but I thought maybe it was a cold ( i asked here too ). Monday afternoon my whole face swelled up (as I usually do when I get other types of allergies to foods or drugs). The point is that i always stay in my house and had not eaten anything strange ( only rice and chicken totally safe). So I attributed it to the hair implant even though I was assured that it was impossible. After I took it off and wash the scalp my face began to deflate and I can even breathe fully again! I called the owner of the clinic and I told him everything as happened, however he insisted that it was impossible for the tapes to be the cause, because of everything i wrote above ( hypoallergenic ecc ), and that it was surely something else but I did not eat anything or left my house and besides that As soon as I took it out, the symptoms disappeared.
we remains that some day in the week or the next I will go to Telogen Effluvium salon to put again the piece, to try again and see what happens and thus get rid of my doubt but it will surely happen to me again. I know that when there is an allergy, to some glue or tape usually the solution is change brands or go to an hypoallergy one but I already started using an hypoallergy so I wouldn't know if there was any solution left for me.
I would like to know what you think, i always appreciate your thoughts and advices, they help a lot.

pd. i also notice this slighty rash after i took it off.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 23.35.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 23.35.11.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 23.34.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 23.34.55.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 83

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very odd. Ask for a sample of the hypoallergenic tape from the salon and see if they give it out without hesitation... most times , salon will say they use such products to reassure clients. Question for you, your last pics of your frontal piece removed has white tape tabs.. which is not normal. When you remove a taped unit, the tape is fully transparent. That tape ( white) Looks like double sided hardware store tape, definitely not for skin...

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very odd. Ask for a sample of the hypoallergenic tape from the salon and see if they give it out without hesitation... most times , salon will say they use such products to reassure clients. Question for you, your last pics of your frontal piece removed has white tape tabs.. which is not normal. When you remove a taped unit, the tape is fully transparent. That tape ( white) Looks like double sided hardware store tape, definitely not for skin...
They told me there is no problem and they will remove that and it will be fully transparent like in the middle.
I suspect in the middle i havent any reaction, but in the temples where there are those darker and white tapes there is a slighty reaction, maybe im wrong..
Probably the glue of the white adeshive is the same of the transparent in the middle