Today i have my first Hair system, im not happy at all.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems intelligent.... bounce from product to product, without knowing what the causational issues are.
Im trying to know but i havent an answer yet.

“While water-based liquid adhesives have a small amount of acrylic in them”

i read this searching..do you know if is this right ?
Im was going to try water based liquid but after reading this im in doubt

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, most of the common water-based hair system glues have acrylic in them. But that isn't a problem for most people. The watercolours that kids use at school also have acrylic in them. However, since you evidently have sensitive skin, doing a skin test on your inside upper arm is a sensible precaution.

Acrylic glues are distinct from cyanoacrylic - marketed as Krazyglue or Superglue. Those are a more controversial choice for use with a hair system.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, most of the common water-based hair system glues have acrylic in them. But that isn't a problem for most people. The watercolours that kids use at school also have acrylic in them. However, since you evidently have sensitive skin, doing a skin test on your inside upper arm is a sensible precaution.

Acrylic glues are distinct from cyanoacrylic - marketed as Krazyglue or Superglue. Those are a more controversial choice for use with a hair system.

ohh what a bad news. I think im allergic to acrylic since i had a reaction to the tape's glue which is acrylic-based...even in small amount will cause again a reaction.

Noah

Reaction score
Worth doing the test just to make sure. If it turns out that you have an allergic reaction to acrylic, you could try spirit gum instead. It's an old-fashioned adhesive which doesn't give a long hold, but it is very safe and looks good. They use it in theatres for sticking false hair etc, so you should be able to source it locally.