To all the NW2s and 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UC Man is right though. There's that 15-20% chunk of society that will hate on you regardless of what your physical flaw is. If you didn't have baldness, it'd be your height, if it wasn't height it's be your nose, if it wasn't the nose it'd be your teeth etc.. etc...

It's their own raging insecurities about themselves that drive them to pick on other people's physical flaws in public on a regular basis.

The more confident and popular you become socially, the more these bitter, insecure sharks will attempt to snipe at you in public with these baldness comments because they feel under threat socially (your stealing away the attention of their friends and other women)... They thought their NW1 flashy hair and and trendy clothes alone would be enough to make them the heart and soul of the party, but guess what? it wasn't... and now they feel insecure because people with more interesting personalities are taking over...

Hard to do sometimes I know, but you should take these public insults as complements and never retreat back into your shell because that is exactly what they want you to do..

These people are pathetic and not worth taking seriously, socially they are going nowhere, they know this themselves which is why they lash out at others in a desperate last-ditch attempt to gain some social value.

If you are outspoken, confident and most importantly comfortable in your skin then the other 80% of society will accept this immediately and both women and men find it impossible not to like you regardless of your hair.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Primo said:
UC Man is right though. There's that 15-20% chunk of society that will hate on you regardless of what your physical flaw is. If you didn't have baldness, it'd be your height, if it wasn't height it's be your nose, if it wasn't the nose it'd be your teeth etc.. etc...

It's their own raging insecurities about themselves that drive them to pick on other people's physical flaws in public on a regular basis.

The more confident and popular you become socially, the more these bitter, insecure sharks will attempt to snipe at you in public with these baldness comments because they feel under threat socially (your stealing away the attention of their friends and other women)... They thought their NW1 flashy hair and and trendy clothes alone would be enough to make them the heart and soul of the party, but guess what? it wasn't... and now they feel insecure because people with more interesting personalities are taking over...

Hard to do sometimes I know, but you should take these public insults as complements and never retreat back into your shell because that is exactly what they want you to do..

These people are pathetic and not worth taking seriously, socially they are going nowhere, they know this themselves which is why they lash out at others in a desperate attempt to gain social value.

If you are outspoken, confident and most importantly comfortable in your skin then the other 80% of society will accept this immediately and both women and men find it impossible not to like you regardless of your hair.

!!??

Are you getting people mixed up?

UC man talks like baldness makes him a complete social outcast.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jd_uk said:
Are you getting people mixed up?

UC man talks like baldness makes him a complete social outcast.

He does sometimes, yes, :) but he's right in that there is a section of society out there who reject baldness and will make fun of it, we can't pretend these people don't exist like some do, but we just have to accept that they will always be there and most importantly that they are a minority and that the rest of society will be more interested in what we can bring to the party in terms of charisma, personality and energy. If you're bringing those 3 qualities, you can't lose, people will be unable to stop themselves liking you.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thank you Primo for aknowledging that much. Some people act like I'm delusional but that is because they have not experienced it first hand. I've seen people make fun of fat folks in public so why would bald guys not be a target? I remember my brother always used to be really hard on overweight people growing up. I was indifferent myself but wondered why he had such a problem with them.

Captain Combover said:
Just my two cents worth.
When i was in my late teens, early twenties. My confidence was deeply effected by baldness. I was still a good looking guy, but because of my confidence, when i started talking to girls they were immediately put off by my confidence levels. Hey i got layed loads of times (1 night stands), but as soon as i took them out for a date or two they soon lost interest.
On dates, i would avoid bright lighting, i would even refuse to meet them during the day because i did'nt want them to see my hair in daytime hours. Girls pick up on insecurities instantly and they know you have issues.

Fast forward to now, im a NW3-3.5. Still good looking (reasonably), confidence is high and i have never had so much attention from girls in my life.
Once girls are over 25yo, it is confidence, humour and likeability that attracts them too men, not just looks.

To conclude once i got out of the depression i suffered because of male pattern baldness, i became the person i was before male pattern baldness. If you let the depression beat you, everyone around you picks up on it and it draws them away. Also maybe 30% of women probably would not want to have a boyfriend who is bald, but hey that leaves 70%.

Fast forward to the future. You're NW5 and although you project the same level of confidence, the women don't seem to respond to you like they used to if at all. After a few years of being politely (and sometimes not so politely) rejected you finally wisen up to the fact that most (yes most) women are not physically attracted to bald guys (Are 70% of men attracted to obese women?) and the only thing that kept them from running away was the hair that used to be on the top of your head.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Thank you Primo for aknowledging that much. Some people act like I'm delusional but that is because they have not experienced it first hand. I've seen people make fun of fat folks in public so why would bald guys not be a target? I remember my brother always used to be really hard on overweight people growing up. I was indifferent myself but wondered why he had such a problem with them.

[quote="Captain Combover":1j90929h]Just my two cents worth.
When i was in my late teens, early twenties. My confidence was deeply effected by baldness. I was still a good looking guy, but because of my confidence, when i started talking to girls they were immediately put off by my confidence levels. Hey i got layed loads of times (1 night stands), but as soon as i took them out for a date or two they soon lost interest.
On dates, i would avoid bright lighting, i would even refuse to meet them during the day because i did'nt want them to see my hair in daytime hours. Girls pick up on insecurities instantly and they know you have issues.

Fast forward to now, im a NW3-3.5. Still good looking (reasonably), confidence is high and i have never had so much attention from girls in my life.
Once girls are over 25yo, it is confidence, humour and likeability that attracts them too men, not just looks.

To conclude once i got out of the depression i suffered because of male pattern baldness, i became the person i was before male pattern baldness. If you let the depression beat you, everyone around you picks up on it and it draws them away. Also maybe 30% of women probably would not want to have a boyfriend who is bald, but hey that leaves 70%.

Fast forward to the future. You're NW5 and although you project the same level of confidence, the women don't seem to respond to you like they used to if at all. After a few years of being politely (and sometimes not so politely) rejected you finally wisen up to the fact that most (yes most) women are not physically attracted to bald guys (Are 70% of men attracted to obese women?) and the only thing that kept them from running away was the hair that used to be on the top of your head.[/quote:1j90929h]

And how did you conclude that female obesity equals male baldness? Care to elaborate?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Because, despite the obvious differences in conditions both parties understand what it is like to live with a social stigma. The weight of each respective stigma being about equal aesthetically. Why else do you see so many bald guys with fat girls? Each may as well be the others counterpart mkay loose it all.

f*****g nw3 posters with names like looseitall, I'mtotallybald, captaincombover....
Your not f*****g bald so change your god damned name fuckers.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Because, despite the obvious differences in conditions both parties understand what it is like to live with a social stigma. The weight of each respective stigma being about equal aesthetically. Why else do you see so many bald guys with fat girls? Each may as well be the others counterpart mkay loose it all.

f****ing nw3 posters with names like looseitall, I'mtotallybald, captaincombover....
Your not f****ing bald so change your god damned name fuckers.

Well to be honest I see bald/balding guys with attractive girls, average girls and ugly girls. There is no rule.

Well I was 19 and NW3. There are guys that were balding at the age of 15-16(even 13). At least you still had a perfect hairline at the age of 21 so don't complain about how fucked you are. You had your golden years look at it from this perspective.

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

f****ing nw3 posters with names like looseitall, I'mtotallybald, captaincombover....

Dont be hating on all of us that may have more hair than you. We may not know exactly what its like to be in your position but we are all on this site for similar reasons. Chill the f out and embrace the social brotherhood.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
uncomfortable man said:

Well to be honest I see bald/balding guys with attractive girls, average girls and ugly girls. There is no rule.

Well I was 19 and NW3. There are guys that were balding at the age of 15-16(even 13). At least you still had a perfect hairline at the age of 21 so don't complain about how f***ed you are. You had your golden years look at it from this perspective.

There are no rules but there are trends and tendencies that can't be ignored. Fat white women with black guys for example. Ever notice that?

If you don't like my negative attitude then you can and should block me. That way whatever I post will be replaced by a handfull of bright colorful skittles. Block me, taste the rainbow.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
AnberlinFan84 said:
uncomfortable man said:

Dont be hating on all of us that may have more hair than you. We may not know exactly what its like to be in your position but we are all on this site for similar reasons. Chill the f out and embrace the social brotherhood.

I'll chill the f*** out when these people stop trying to negate and discredit my every word. We can be brothers when you go bald.

seb

Reaction score
Its not a negative attitude,its a realistic approach too the issue.Its another of mans great traits,not being able too be honest with ones self.

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
The truth is most people have issue with going bald, I just believe most posters try to focus on the positives and downplay the negatives bc what good does it do to focus on the bad ? I mean you only get one life in this game might as well make the most of it. Is it fair ? Absolutely not but sh*t happens.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
honeslty what 20 or 25 year old that isn't going bald has had his mates say to him "you will have to go for older/fatter/unatractive girls"

its almost commonplace in society.

society is expecting you to lose out in the rat race to pre-mature male pattern baldness, there is a lot of stigma, your still BALD.

the stigma for beign white and bald in the dating scene is massive, im pretty sure people might stare at you if you were to approach an attractive girl if you were a dr phil look a like.

you can see this stigma on dating sites, yes they dont represent real world dating but the findings are pretty huge there, bald is ZERO attention.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
there is nothign wrong with a "sh*t happens" attitude to baldness but if you pretend like it makes no differnce and there is no trend of bald(ing) guys and there natural selection mates and it is totally meaningless whether a guy is bald as you occasionally see a bald guy with a good looking girl -who is probably a friend- then you're in denial.

in fact MOST bald(ing) guys get extremely nervous around attractive girls all the time...i have seen friends do this and such, "there is a hot girl, ah f*** im balding, sh*t"...really common occurence.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
AnberlinFan84 said:
The truth is most people have issue with going bald, I just believe most posters try to focus on the positives and downplay the negatives bc what good does it do to focus on the bad ? I mean you only get one life in this game might as well make the most of it. Is it fair ? Absolutely not but sh*t happens.

Yes, very true but this is the impact section. Designed for venting. You don't ever see me in the success stories section because I don't belong there. Very few posters on this site are at my level so I understand if they don't relate to me but this is my place. This is where I belong so you can either tolerate me or block me.

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
honeslty what 20 or 25 year old that isn't going bald has had his mates say to him "you will have to go for older/fatter/unatractive girls"

its almost commonplace in society.

society is expecting you to lose out in the rat race to pre-mature male pattern baldness, there is a lot of stigma, your still BALD.

the stigma for beign white and bald in the dating scene is massive, im pretty sure people might stare at you if you were to approach an attractive girl if you were a dr phil look a like.

you can see this stigma on dating sites, yes they dont represent real world dating but the findings are pretty huge there, bald is ZERO attention.

I'm also so surprised about how negative everyone in here is my god. I see tons of people every day because of where I work and lots of guys are bald/ balding. Many times these guys have really good looking wives. Now if you are lazy fat poor and bald then you don't deserve to have any female attention but focus on what you can make better and embrace life. I see alot of posts about going to clubs and being rejected and that seems crazy to me. Even when I had tons of hair I hated the club scene and the type of person that it attracted. I would purposely not date or pursue club rats, maybe I'm the minority there.

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
AnberlinFan84 said:

Yes, very true but this is the impact section. Designed for venting. You don't ever see me in the success stories section because I don't belong there. Very few posters on this site are at my level so I understand if they don't relate to me but this is my place. This is where I belong so you can either tolerate me or block me.

I'm not going to block you I'm not going to act like im in high school. I guess I dont really know what you are on the Norwood scale but you are right this is the impact section so I'll back off the rants.

jd_uk

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Very few posters on this site are at my level so I understand if they don't relate to me but this is my place. This is where I belong so you can either tolerate me or block me.

You seem to almost pride yourself on being 'one of the worst norwoods on the forum' or use it as an excuse for being extra depressed about it. Yet to most people, it probably doesn't matter if a guy is quite bald or really bald. Loads of guys just bic it all off once it gets past a certain point because frankly no hair at all often looks better and more symmetrical than a messy norwood 3 or 4. I think you know that your thinking is dysfunctional and exaggerated anyway. Not gonna lie and say there are people who aren't c*nts about guys with hair loss - but there ARE much worse things in life and there are many guys just as bald as you who get plenty of attention from women.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
Because as most girls will tell you. If you have a smile on your face, a girl will warm to you and if you can make her laugh and listen to her she will like you as a person.

If you have a negative attitude with a face and personality like thunder they will stay away from you.

Exactly!

It's not just bald dudes who suffer from this negative attitude and lack of success problem either.

My clubbing partner is a 5,11 good looking NW1, more attractive than me no doubt, but the problem is he epitomises the "face and personality like thunder" look. Even when the hot girls do show initial interest in him, he manages to f*ck it up consistently with his negative and sulky looking demeanour and dull, dry chat.

No energy, no charisma, no personality. Will get you nowhere with women, doesn't matter what your hair looks like. The trouble is most guys are too proud and arrogant to admit they are lacking in those 3 above areas and will blame their lack of success on absolutely anything else!

Shyness and visible insecurity = the biggest turnoffs for women (that's right even greater than baldness)

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Primo said:
Captain Combover said:
Because as most girls will tell you. If you have a smile on your face, a girl will warm to you and if you can make her laugh and listen to her she will like you as a person.

If you have a negative attitude with a face and personality like thunder they will stay away from you.

Exactly!

It's not just bald dudes who suffer from this negative attitude and lack of success problem either.

My clubbing partner is a 5,11 good looking NW1, more attractive than me no doubt, but the problem is he epitomises the "face and personality like thunder" look. Even when the hot girls do show initial interest in him, he manages to f*ck it up consistently with his negative and sulky looking demeanour and dull, dry chat.

No energy, no charisma, no personality. Will get you nowhere with women, doesn't matter what your hair looks like. The trouble is most guys are too proud and arrogant to admit they are lacking in those 3 above areas and will blame their lack of success on absolutely anything else!

Shyness and visible insecurity = the biggest turnoffs for women (that's right even greater than baldness)

That is true, the syness and insecurity isn't going to get you anywhere with women. However, if you're naturally full of charisma and personality, then hair does make the difference, to get past that initial attraction; then it becomes unimportant.

Status
Not open for further replies.