To all the NW2s and 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just ask yourself one simple question and be honest with yourself. Why did you join this site? To find out about treatment options to prevent any further hairloss... WHY? Because at the end of the day you don't want to wind up bald yourself. Simple truth, so why do you try and convince others who are actually bald and living your fears day in and day out that it's no big deal and to just get over it? Surely hair loss is an issue for you if you are on this site so don't play the hypocrite card and feed us this PC BS when your intentions are obvious. Initially I joined this site to find options to get my hair back but since learning that none of them of are practical, I have used this site to vent my frustrations in the impact section and occasionally check to see how HM is coming along. So if your hair loss at whatever stage bothers you, then please refrain from preaching to those who are actually worse off. End rant/

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i joined this site when i was BALD, a full NW5 @ 23, began thinning at 19!

i assumed most posters here were bald tbh, or at least a NW3V.

to my supirse their are people here who are NW1/2s making massive opinions about baldness yet they are not bald, some of them are in their 30s.

but in either case NW3 in early 20s to late 30s is something to have a worthy opinion on hairloss.

NW4 is bald anyway

so really its

age group (early 20s- late 30s)

NW1/2 = you are not in pain

NW3 = you are affected

NW4+ = you are bald, youa re fully affected.

also there are some wackos here with 1000 post with no signs of hairloss that are hiding in their rooms due to hairloss.

it's like the same as the 5 9 guy on a height forum that has 10,000 posts cliaming he is suffering from short stature and doing starjumps to increase his height.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I also wrongfully assumed that there would be more bald guys on here too. But as in life we are a minority here as well. At least I know there are a few people here going through the same stuff as me... the rest seem to have a hard time relating to my perspective on things. But that's fine, learn what you have to about options, get some opinions whatever but once you start telling people how to live and how to feel about their problems then your getting too preachy.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Just ask yourself one simple question and be honest with yourself. Why did you join this site? To find out about treatment options to prevent any further hairloss... WHY? Because at the end of the day you don't want to wind up bald yourself. Simple truth, so why do you try and convince others who are actually bald and living your fears day in and day out that it's no big deal and to just get over it? Surely hair loss is an issue for you if you are on this site so don't play the hypocrite card and feed us this PC BS when your intentions are obvious. Initially I joined this site to find options to get my hair back but since learning that none of them of are practical, I have used this site to vent my frustrations in the impact section and occasionally check to see how HM is coming along. So if your hair loss at whatever stage bothers you, then please refrain from preaching to those who are actually worse off. End rant/

Who are you ranting at ?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I agree with you UM. I am a NW2 and maintaining. I think you have it much harder, although losing your hair and not being able to maintain is also hard.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah you could FUE the crap into your crown and get a Tatoo to cover your crown only (no frontline) and then you can look good with a buzz cut wiht real stuble and have a frame to your face etc.

you just wont have a youth line but it wont matter.

sounds good to me.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
yeah you could FUE the crap into your crown and get a Tatoo to cover your crown only (no frontline) and then you can look good with a buzz cut wiht real stuble and have a frame to your face etc.

sounds good to me.

Huh? That makes no sense. If I just cover the back then how the hell can I have a hairline to frame my face? I need hair more in the front than I do in the back but the point is moot since I don't have enough donor supply to fill the empty area. hair transplant's are just a huge catch 22 for anyone who is nw5 with average density. Strip yeilds more grafts but leaves scars that prohibit shaving. FUE leaves no scars but can't even come close to giving me full coverage. Like I said, it's not feasible. The only safe option for nw5s is a wig and I can't bring myself to go there.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
HairPieceMan said:

sounds good to me.

Huh? That makes no sense. If I just cover the back then how the hell can I have a hairline to frame my face? I need hair more in the front than I do in the back but the point is moot since I don't have enough donor supply to fill the empty area. hair transplant's are just a huge catch 22 for anyone who is nw5 with average density. Strip yeilds more grafts but leaves scars that prohibit shaving. FUE leaves no scars but can't even come close to giving me full coverage. Like I said, it's not feasible. The only safe option for nw5s is a wig and I can't bring myself to go there.

How about SMP to fill in the strip scar? I know you've researched SMP and decided against it but combined with a transplant it seems (looking on the HIS hair clinic gallery) that you can get amazing results. This isn't me suggesting to you something you've probably already considered by the way, I'm just wondering if you know of any problems with combining the 2.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i know what you mean about the wig.

it sucks to wear, but i litereally have no choice, i want to date attractive girls so i am vain + insecure about being bald.

the wig seems the perfect option for me (vain + insecure), a young baldie that needs hair like fish need water lol.

but i dont see what is gogin to happen at 30, its not like ill be black all ofa sudden, ill still look like *** bald at 30 and almsot EVERY 30 year old lookign 10x better than me.

the + side is now at 25 i could pass for 20 with my wig (i get I'D a lot as example)

so i guess it all ends well for HPM, leding a life of a lie, fooling gils into bed with his lies. :hump:

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

I disagree. First of all if someone is NW3 at age 18-21 then he will most likely be NW5 before the age of 30. Plus if you are balding at a young age there is a higher chance it will be pointed out by your peers.

Secondly the truth is you are overreacting, many of us do. There are lots of examples of bald men that do not have to hide under a beanie to feel and look attractive.

You are 6'2", have great facial features and I am sure you could be considered attractive, but I can only imagne how your insecurities translate to your social abitilies, posture, being assertive etc. making you look like a miserable weak male and that is the thing that is provoking others to make negative comments about you(because they can). If it wasn't baldness it would be something else.

The fact is not many are blessed with perfect genetics. Some of us are dumb, some of us are short, some of us are bald, some of us are ugly, some of us are disabled etc. yet not everyone is mourning over their flaws.

How can a tall good looking healthy male complain about his hair all his life is beyond me.

Hairloss sucks that is true so nobody is a hipocrite here. If there is a chance to prevent it why not? But if there is nothing to be done then just leave it like millions of men are capable of doing.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i think UCMan made a mistake when he mentioned NW3, NW3 is noticable.

also having hair is not about being perfect, having hair is about being natural an normal an fitting in with society.

if you are 25 and you turn up with you peer group with no hair an they have a "WTF you look like *** reaction" - you can't really come back at them and say "nobody is perfect yall".

fact is you have no hair an look f*****g wierd.

it just doesnt fit in socially.

people look at UCMan wierd becuase he is BALD and has no hairline, it looks wier an unnatural, it has f*** all to o with his "posture" or the way he comes of socially fucksake, are you telling me people wont stare at michael stipe or joe satriani, they DO look a bit wierd as well, the stigma is their, people are lookign at us wierd becuase what we are displaying is NOT the social norm, its not liek being conventionally unnatractive, its FAR more than that, people also put you own socailly A LOT if your bald, it is IMO the worst fate ever to end up bald @ 30 and balding in early 20s as a man.

your baldness will only truly be accepted if your peer group are senior citizens or if your black at any age.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
HairPieceMan said:

sounds good to me.

Why can't you bring yourself to go there. I did; no big deal.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
i think UCMan made a mistake when he mentioned NW3, NW3 is noticable.

also having hair is not about being perfect, having hair is about being natural an normal an fitting in with society.

if you are 25 and you turn up with you peer group with no hair an they have a "WTF you look like *** reaction" - you can't really come back at them and say "nobody is perfect yall".

fact is you have no hair an look f****ing wierd.

it just doesnt fit in socially.

people look at UCMan wierd becuase he is BALD and has no hairline, it looks wier an unnatural, it has f*ck all to o with his "posture" or the way he comes of socially fucksake, are you telling me people wont stare at michael stipe or joe satriani, they DO look a bit wierd as well, the stigma is their, people are lookign at us wierd becuase what we are displaying is NOT the social norm, its not liek being conventionally unnatractive, its FAR more than that, people also put you own socailly A LOT if your bald, it is IMO the worst fate ever to end up bald @ 30 and balding in early 20s as a man.

your baldness will only truly be accepted if your peer group are senior citizens or if your black at any age.

As pretty much a norwood 3 at the age of 18 I have to disagree. I think it's massively unfair for you to say that UCMan looks weird and unnatural because he really doesn't. I'm not gonna say he should count himself lucky because at the end of the day if we feel bad about ourselves for whatever reason then we are unfortunate. I have in the past came across on here like I don't think anybody has the right to complain but that's just ridiculous really.

Even though I feel like my life isn't over, hair loss is kind of ruling my life in the sense that I'm always thinking about how it looks and I'm still at the stage where I'm hiding it constantly and plan to do something about it before it becomes too hard to conceal (if that ever does happen.) But yeah, baldness definitely doesn't make a person look weird an unnatural, because male pattern baldness is an entirely natural process that is so common.

The people that put bald men down the most are other men who aren't bald. They don't do it because they believe we should be set apart from the rest of the world, to them its just a bit of fun and if they really thought it was a terrible trait to have then they'd keep it to themselves, unless they really were horrible people. Of course it can be off-putting to women, but can you honestly say you've never rejected/ would not reject a woman because of the way they look?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
uncomfortable man said:

I disagree. First of all if someone is NW3 at age 18-21 then he will most likely be NW5 before the age of 30. Plus if you are balding at a young age there is a higher chance it will be pointed out by your peers.

Secondly the truth is you are overreacting, many of us do. There are lots of examples of bald men that do not have to hide under a beanie to feel and look attractive.

You are 6'2", have great facial features and I am sure you could be considered attractive, but I can only imagne how your insecurities translate to your social abitilies, posture, being assertive etc. making you look like a miserable weak male and that is the thing that is provoking others to make negative comments about you(because they can). If it wasn't baldness it would be something else.

The fact is not many are blessed with perfect genetics. Some of us are dumb, some of us are short, some of us are bald, some of us are ugly, some of us are disabled etc. yet not everyone is mourning over their flaws.

How can a tall good looking healthy male complain about his hair all his life is beyond me.

Hairloss sucks that is true so nobody is a hipocrite here. If there is a chance to prevent it why not? But if there is nothing to be done then just leave it like millions of men are capable of doing.

Although I completely agree that hair loss shouldn't rule somebody's life and certainly doesn't have to, it's meaningless to tell somebody to leave it/ get over it. When I first noticed my hairline I was terrified, but now I'm out of college and not constantly around judgemental idiots of my own age it's less of an issue. I'm saving up for SMP now too so I couldn't care less what happens to my hair after that. I suppose getting the procedure then realising my hair loss had stopped would be a little annoying but still, my hairline now isn't beautiful.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well IMO full blown male pattern baldness on any face below the age of 65 looks a bit off.

i mean from a ditance billy corgan still looks a bit wierd with no hair AT ALL.

honestly if every guy was walking around with no hair i'd think we'd all look wierd, but since only a minory are bald it is acceptable?

how odd, how are we supposed to feel normal when we are OUTSIDE normality.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
well IMO full blown male pattern baldness on any face below the age of 65 looks a bit off.

i mean from a ditance billy corgan still looks a bit wierd with no hair AT ALL.

honestly if every guy was walking around with no hair i'd think we'd all look wierd, but since only a minory are bald it is acceptable?

how odd, how are we supposed to feel normal when we are OUTSIDE normality.

That can be said about anything though. If every single guy was walking round with the same (full head of hair) hairstyle/ colour etc that'd look weird too.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
people look at UCMan wierd becuase he is BALD and has no hairline, it looks wier an unnatural, it has f*ck all to o with his "posture" or the way he comes of socially fucksake, are you telling me people wont stare at michael stipe or joe satriani, they DO look a bit wierd as well, the stigma is their, people are lookign at us wierd becuase what we are displaying is NOT the social norm, its not liek being conventionally unnatractive, its FAR more than that, people also put you own socailly A LOT if your bald, it is IMO the worst fate ever to end up bald @ 30 and balding in early 20s as a man.

UCMan is 6'2" ??? :shock:

At 6'2" baldness is a minor issue compared to baldness at 5'9.
His great face + height means he can pull off the alpha male look very well.
Like, he would be rated higher than a 5´9 NW2 guy.

Women go nuts for tall guys.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes he is, he is 6' 2"

im 5' 4.5" (164cm) exactly. :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
uncomfortable man said:

I will concede that NW3 @ 18 is equivalent to nw5 @ mid twenties, by simple virtue that teenagers are the most superficial, prejudiced judgmental people.

If that were the case then they would still be looking at me like that with the beanie on....but they don't. I know how to behave. I can keep it together like anyone else. I'm not stomping around muttering at people with a scowl. Head covered, eyes see past me. Head uncovered I get stares. Simple. Why you blame everything and the kitchen sink instead of the one obvious reason leads me to believe you are avoiding the unfortunate truth.

It's not about being perfect or trying to look beautiful... that would be vanity. This is much more essential than that. This is about looking NORMAL. It is about CONFORMITY. I don't want to be some gorgeous peacock, I want to blend in and my big shiny bald head makes that impossible. When I go outside and look around most people have hair on their heads... an overwhelming majority.

If you were to see me in public without my hat you may infact mistake me for one of those confident accepting bald men. So before you speak on behalf of millions of bald men, just know that most people don't divulge their innermost feelings outwardly, especially when it comes to sensitive subjects. They put on a strong face and do what they have to do and keep their true feelings to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.