Tissuse And J. Hewitt: Smart Hair Transplant Trial In 2019!

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is really sad, but that is reality. All new breakthroughs in medicine need at least 15 years to be put in practical use and another 5-10 years to spread worldwide.

Kyoto University created cartilage from iPSCs and they will do clinical test on 6 patients this year. If the trials are successful they will put new technology in practise in the end of the decade. Probably 2029-2030.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ersity-transplant-ips-cartilage/#.XiyFDTJKiUk

Yes, maybe stem cell/iPSCs therapy will create full head of hair, but how do we know that all those cells will not turn in cancer after 4-5 years? That’s why we need long time of research to see that stem cells are perfectly safe for use.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really sad, but that is reality. All new breakthroughs in medicine need at least 15 years to be put in practical use and another 5-10 years to spread worldwide.

Kyoto University created cartilage from iPSCs and they will do clinical test on 6 patients this year. If the trials are successful they will put new technology in practise in the end of the decade. Probably 2029-2030.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ersity-transplant-ips-cartilage/#.XiyFDTJKiUk

Yes, maybe stem cell/iPSCs therapy will create full head of hair, but how do we know that all those cells will not turn in cancer after 4-5 years? That’s why we need long time of research to see that stem cells are perfectly safe for use.
yea its over

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea its over
It is not over. Actually, it is beginning of revolution in coming years. Now we have stem cell/iPSCs technology, CRISPR/Cas9, 3D/4D bioprinting organoids, spherical nucleic acid...All those things that we didn’t have previous decade.

Real treatment will come, but the question is when...

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not over. Actually, it is beginning of revolution in coming years. Now we have stem cell/iPSCs technology, CRISPR/Cas9, 3D/4D bioprinting organoids, spherical nucleic acid...All those things that we didn’t have previous decade.

Real treatment will come, but the question is when...

crispr/cas9 i never going to be put into use, its too unprecise, there is already a better method than that. But at it have been shown with the chinese researcher that made a "design baby" we are far from doing that kind of gene editing when talking about ethics.

It starts a whole new debate about "pure human" and the whole 1930-1940ties vision about humans. Even though race hygiene is still a thing, just not supported in the world of research.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We should all just pray for the almighty Lord dr. T. Tsuji. He is the chosen one. He is the one that will free us. Free us from the 'just shave it bro' demons.

Amen.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
crispr/cas9 i never going to be put into use, its too unprecise, there is already a better method than that. But at it have been shown with the chinese researcher that made a "design baby" we are far from doing that kind of gene editing when talking about ethics.

It starts a whole new debate about "pure human" and the whole 1930-1940ties vision about humans. Even though race hygiene is still a thing, just not supported in the world of research.
There are already clinical trials with CRISPR/Cas9 technology. If system is not perfectly precise it doesn’t mean that it won’t be in 5-6 years. It is same with iPSCs or with 3D/4D bioprinting.

H

Reaction score
J. Hewitt Hair Multiplication Trial Update January 2020 (1/21/20)
Many readers have been asking for an update on J. Hewitt’s trial of the Smart Hair Transplant (SHT) procedure which was planned to begin in December 2019. The proposed start date of December 2019 was given by J. Hewitt’s CEO Jon Knight who shared this information with Follicle Thought, Fuji Kagurazaka (admin of Hair Loss Cure Japan blog) and other hair journalists. Unfortunately, the trial was not able to begin in December and is now facing some delays.

I have recently been in contact with CEO Jon Knight to get clarity on the cause of the delay and current status of the trial. In short, J. Hewitt’s trial was not able to begin as planned because negotiations with a Cell Processing Center (company who would conduct the trial) fell through after long negotiations. This now accounts for about 6 months of lost time. Jon Knight provided this brief quote regarding the trial for readers: “We have encountered some unexpected delays in the process of establishing an agreement with a Cell Processing Center. Our goals remains the same and J. Hewitt continues to pursue its trial for SHT in Japan.”

While it is disappointing to know the trial was not able to begin as planned, it is good to know that J. Hewitt is still actively working to initiate the trial. The time range for the start of the trial is unclear for now and it’s most likely best for the company to not give another estimated date just yet. So, perhaps the initial announcement by Knight was a bit overconfident, but it is clear that J. Hewitt has officially partnered with TissUse for the sole purpose of trialing the SHT technology in advantageous Japan. As an aside, J. Hewitt is not a publicly traded company and would gain no financial benefit from their previous announcement regarding clinical trials. I will provide another update about the SHT trial as soon as new information becomes available.
Ya it was over optimistic it's always something with these guys it's not gonna happen.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The question is : "why the negotiations with the Cell Processing Center fail" ... ..... ¿? Why is there ALWAYS SOMETHING ? ... there seems to be NO INTEREST in this industry . its just a SHT test .....

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Genetically induced hair loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia, is a very common psychoemotional burdening condition with significant impact on the ability of sufferers in our society. The cause of genetic hair loss is hypersensitivity of hair follicles to the steroid hormone dihydrotestosterone.
  • [0002]
    In addition to the drug treatment of androgenetic alopecia, there is the possibility of a hair transplantation, which still achieves far the best cosmetic results. This is a redistribution of intact androgen-insensitive hair follicles from the occipital neck or lateral temporal region into the upper head or the frontal balding area.
  • [0003]
    Even though the techniques of modern hair transplantation are becoming more and more sophisticated and efficient, not enough donor hair is naturally present, especially in the case of far advanced hair loss, in order to achieve a sufficient, cosmetically relevant hair density and thus a satisfactory treatment result. To perform a hair transplant, suitable hair transplants or cells are required as the material to be used by the recipient. The duplication of the required cells usually takes several weeks. Furthermore, the duplication must take place under clean room conditions, which classifies the product as an ATMP (Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Product), which has extremely high development and market entry barriers
If they want to be the solution..

Ok...it appears that the word "transplants" in the 2nd sentence of [0003] should be "follicles" I think. So they have the technology to duplicate the cells and/or follicles? If so, then it seems this actually should be successful.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cell development and growth inside the body is likely far less of a thing to worry about than cell development and growth outside of the body. But we'll see. I highly doubt everyone's going to wait around decades to see if mutations are of high risk for procedures like this. They're going to go ahead sooner.

Ok leave here then and live the rest of your life. Bye.

We should all just pray for the almighty Lord dr. T. Tsuji. He is the chosen one. He is the one that will free us. Free us from the 'just shave it bro' demons.

Amen.

That procedure is 100 times more complex, will be dozens of times more expensive. Not sure there's any reason to have hope in that right now...maybe for our kids...if we have kids...

el_duterino

Reaction score
They should have partnered with a Chinese firm...trial would have been completed by now.
In Japan there is a lot of very conservative and strict regulations, and everything is very slow.

minoxidil cannot be sold online or in drugstores without a licensed pharmacists.
FINASTERIDE has only been approved in Japan in 2005.
And if the technology is foreign they will do everything to slow it down, and favor a domestic Japanese company instead.

RIKEN will have better chances for this reason

H

Reaction score
We never even received results from the animal safety trial for Riken. As a rule new effective hair loss treatments just dont come to fruition.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Japan instituted their fast track policy for regenerative medicine to help the country with its aging population. I don't think they care if breakthroughs come solely from a Japanese company, or in partnership with a German company. Either way it will be performed in Japan, and they will reap both the medical and economic benefits of any breakthrough treatment. The delay doesn't have anything to do with government regulations, it's because they couldn't agree on terms with the cell processing center. If Tissuse had partnered with a Chinese firm they might have their trial participants in quarantine right now lol

People are also confused about the difference between RIKEN and TISSUSE. There actually isn't much difference in complexity, and I don't see a fundamental reason why the cost should be much different beyond price gouging. If they both are released at the same time, RIKEN will have to offer their treatment for much less than what has been quoted.

I was under the assumption that SHT was more of a "clone cells, inject back into scalp to possibly form new follicles in body and rejuvenate surrounding follicles" whereas Tsuji's method is cloning follicles outside the body and then implanting them one by one. No?

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a personal conversation with them.
They said the method is very similar, but not same. They told me, that the price from Riken will be much higher, than theirs.
Did they tell you if they will begin in January of 2020?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again. Tsuji is the only one that can save us and that’s 5-10 years away.

Reactions: H

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again. Tsuji is the only one that can save us and that’s 5-10 years away.

And why doesnt begin the SHT trial ¿? , we wait since march 2019 ....

I think that we can't rule out Hairclone in UK , although this industry is going so slow , it seems that there is no interest

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If it works and works well, then their goal will be to globalize the procedure asap. As for price, there are a lot more working class slobs buying Toyotas and Fords than Ferraris.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on your situation.
If you're norwood 3-4 Samumed could be very interesting.
But Tsuji will need at least 10 years to become affordable

I’m highly skeptical that a drug will be able to give even an Norwood 3-4 what they’re looking for.

And remember that a cloning treatment would still be less expensive for Norwood 3/4’s than it would be for 6’s and upwards

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it works and works well, then their goal will be to globalize the procedure asap. As for price, there are a lot more working class slobs buying Toyotas and Fords than Ferraris.

I think that whoever cracks this code first will be charging a pretty penny for their work. It will be globalized yes but still expensive. Save save save.