Tired Of Baldness. Tired Of Ugliness. Tired.

shookwun

Reaction score
didn't you say you started receding at 17? norwood 2-3 by late teens right?
I was a NW2 at 16.

I remember that day like no tomorrow. After a shower flipping my hair back seeing these bald temples, but at the time I coped, and didn't believe I was balding. I periodically remember older people telling me I had a receding hairline. Each jab, eventually made me come to accept that I was truly balding at 17. I was in denial for a bit.

Started receeding a 17
is an understatement. If I had full blown NW2 at 16, then chances are it started when I was around 15. Nobody just turns into a norwood pattern over night. The balding process takes time. When I look back, my hair was so greasey during the time also.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a NW2 at 16.

I remember that day like no tomorrow. After a shower flipping my hair back seeing these bald temples, but at the time I coped, and didn't believe I was balding. I periodically remember older people telling me I had a receding hairline. Each jab, eventually made me come to accept that I was truly balding at 17. I was in denial for a bit.

Started receeding a 17
is an understatement. If I had full blown NW2 at 16, then chances are it started when I was around 15. Nobody just turns into a norwood pattern over night. The balding process takes time. When I look back, my hair was so greasey during the time also.

You don't know to look for it when you're 16.

None of your friends talk about it.

At that age, you're better at recognizing pimples and dandruff, that's what people worry about.

shookwun

Reaction score
You don't know to look for it when you're 16.

None of your friends talk about it.

At that age, you're better at recognizing pimples and dandruff, that's what people worry about.
Very true. I was legitately in denial, and I could not fathom the idea I was balding already. This went on for about a year until I started using minioxidil, and saw palmetto.

It was to much for me to handle, but eventually all those jabs people take at you about a receding hairline compound, and you realize you are balding. I was a slave to that hat for about 5 years after that. It was no longer an accessory to style, but a crutch and something I needed with me.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's been said many times and in many different ways before, but it's always the same:
the ultimate cope points to growing back ALL my hair.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn i see shook. sorry for getting mad at you back in the day about it then , seems like it was worse than what i thought. same here, i was in denial until the serious diffusion happened a few months after turning 17. even then i thought it was telogen effluvium

and i also noticed that foreboding imperceptible thinning as well. i remember when i was 16 and was like "hmm theres something different about my hair . . . . seems thinner". but ofc i thought it could have been my imagination. it was prolly thinning down to 2/3 or so thickness. i know its only noticeable at the 50% density mark

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
damn i see shook. sorry for getting mad at you back in the day about it then , seems like it was worse than what i thought. same here, i was in denial until the serious diffusion happened a few months after turning 17. even then i thought it was telogen effluvium

and i also noticed that foreboding imperceptible thinning as well. i remember when i was 16 and was like "hmm theres something different about my hair . . . . seems thinner". but ofc i thought it could have been my imagination. it was prolly thinning down to 2/3 or so thickness. i know its only noticeable at the 50% density mark

Cursed hindsight.
Until recently I used to associate my later aggressive shedding as the onset period of male pattern baldness,
My memory is clearer now, that simply was not the case.

Looking back now I know now the 'bald creep' started in my late teens. By H.S. graduation my longish thick wavy hair needed hair gel more and more to Propecia it up and/or give it shape. By 18 years it's natural lift or body was gone.
A few years later male pattern baldness symptoms (itch, inflammation, hair-fall) were out of control
and I was subsequently heading into NW4 wild territory fast @ 23.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Cursed hindsight.
Until recently I used to associate my later aggressive shedding as the onset period of male pattern baldness,
My memory is clearer now, that simply was not the case.

Looking back now I know now the 'bald creep' started in my late teens. By H.S. graduation my longish thick wavy hair needed hair gel more and more to Propecia it up and/or give it shape. By 18 years it's natural lift or body was gone.
A few years later male pattern baldness symptoms (itch, inflammation, hair-fall) were out of control
and I was subsequently heading into NW4 wild territory fast @ 23.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
^ That's funny, I typed Propecia and post reply edited it to Propecia.
Some technical irony entering the scene too little too late.:rolleyes:

Lol damn, it wont allow me to type p.r.o.p.!

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness is just wearing me down.

A disease that makes your face really old and ugly and it will never get better.

Ruins every single aspect of life.

It never gets easier.

Sorry about the title, I only meant that bald is ugly, it had to seven words for some reason.

I hear you. I've become an alcoholic because of it. Get drunk, try not to think of it.

blackg

Reaction score

It looks like it edited it again.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

The new auto-correct function doesn't lend itself to wordplay I.D... I can't even tell people to d.u.t up or shut up anymore

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The new auto-correct function doesn't lend itself to wordplay I.D... I can't even tell people to d.u.t up or shut up anymore

L.O.L. Next eternity will be cut short by an abbreviation.
Once more we have no choice, but to endure, and hope we live to see the day when technology relegates acronyms like A.G.A.,
and P.T.S.D., to name only a couple, to the 'junk box' of anachronistic curiosities.:)