Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, this person canceled. It was the weirdest thing. She confirmed and said that the meeting location etc. sounded good. But then, a few hours later she said that we should postpone it. I obviously won't be hearing from her again. I managed to, somehow, organize another date for that same day. But, I wasn't so sure about her from her photos and when I saw her I got the same feeling. So, I didn't put in any effort and did badly.

@shookwun, you're a blessed NW2 right? And Caucasian? Maybe one date within a week is normal for privileged guys like you, but not for a NW6. Cherish your crown hair. In the last 2 months, I've gotten 1 date per month on average. That was after my initial 2 months of using apps that gave me no dates at all. Is there a good way to practice dating without actually dating? I guess that there isn't. With one date per month, there's a lot riding on each one. If you fail because you're a NW6, then that's the burden you bear. But if you fail because of your game, it's even worse. Without actually having dates and romantic experiences, how can I come up with DHV stories?

I thought you were serious before I read this

g.i joey

Reaction score
So, this person canceled. It was the weirdest thing. She confirmed and said that the meeting location etc. sounded good. But then, a few hours later she said that we should postpone it. I obviously won't be hearing from her again. I managed to, somehow, organize another date for that same day. But, I wasn't so sure about her from her photos and when I saw her I got the same feeling. So, I didn't put in any effort and did badly.

@shookwun, you're a blessed NW2 right? And Caucasian? Maybe one date within a week is normal for privileged guys like you, but not for a NW6. Cherish your crown hair. In the last 2 months, I've gotten 1 date per month on average. That was after my initial 2 months of using apps that gave me no dates at all. Is there a good way to practice dating without actually dating? I guess that there isn't. With one date per month, there's a lot riding on each one. If you fail because you're a NW6, then that's the burden you bear. But if you fail because of your game, it's even worse. Without actually having dates and romantic experiences, how can I come up with DHV stories?

Take out girls you don't necessarily find attractive or expect to establish any emotional relationship with. This will help you be comfortable in a date setting and will give you the confidence you need in order to take out the girl you actually wanna take out and impress.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
keanu reeves really let himself go
That is not Keanu Reeves. But then again its a Dench post so its got to be a joke.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else think Bryan Cranston looks alpha as f*** while shaved? I started watching breaking bad and I couldn't believe the difference between when he had hair at the beginning of the season and then started shaving it.. am I just coping or does he actually look better?

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 150

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else think Bryan Cranston looks alpha as f*** while shaved? I started watching breaking bad and I couldn't believe the difference between when he had hair at the beginning of the season and then started shaving it.. am I just coping or does he actually look better?

Let me think about it for a second....

one more second...

Yep, you're definitely just coping.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you fail because you're a NW6, then that's the burden you bear. But if you fail because of your game, it's even worse. Without actually having dates and romantic experiences, how can I come up with DHV stories?

Stop with this PUA sh*t. If a women finds you attractive all you need to do is ask her out. You will know when a women finds you attractive. You can't create attraction by "games" or "DHV" stories. You are a NW6 so you have limited options but the things you can do to improve is:

(1) Work out
(2) Dress well
(3) Interact with people to not be socially awkward and to put yourself out there (something that is VERY underrated)
(4) Pray that a cure for baldness comes along soon

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Bryan Cranston looks ugly without hair. Doesn't matter if he looks alpha or not.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
he doesn't look intelligent shaved

not sure either it means alpha

but if it helps u keep coping

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Bryan Cranston was ugly and stupid-looking his characterization would not have been one of the most popular in America.

On the show he was a sexually desired, virile, intelligent, charismatic leader -- and audiences everywhere bought it. He's a cultural icon now.

I am not sure if he was sexually desired. Females will have to answer that. I just found him ugly when he shaved his head. I will hate to look like that.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if he was sexually desired. Females will have to answer that. I just found him ugly when he shaved his head. I will hate to look like that.

I suggest that part of that is that you hate your own lack of hair so you end up projecting that onto others. It's clear from your posts that you consider your NW2 your greatest physical weakness.

Individual opinions vary, but the consensus opinion is clear: Cranston looked good enough. People were totally convinced by his portrayal, it's arguably the most convincing Hollywood portrayal of the past ten years.

Cranston's sexuality evolved in the show. At the start he was an undesirable eunuch. Women who scoffed at him are later shown being nice to him.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cranston's sexuality evolved in the show. At the start he was an undesirable eunuch. Women who scoffed at him are later shown being nice to him.

I think if an unknown guy who looks like bald Cranston walks down a street, women wouldn't be sexually turned on by him. That is the true value of his looks. You remove the fact that he is a celebrity who portrayed one of the most bad *** gangster on television, you are not left much look wise. But like you said, that is just my individual opinion.

I disagree with your assessment that I probably project my own dislike for lack of hair on others. I think baldhurts is a very good looking guy and so are a few other bald celebrities and men that I have seen in real life. So it is not the case that I instantly perceive bald men as ugly. I believe some people are impacted by hair loss more than others.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Warning: Long post incoming

I for one am incredibly frustrated with Tinder/Bumble and the like. I live in NY and have absolutely ZERO success on these apps. Bear in mind that I'm at least a 7.5 even now at age 38 after having been balding/thinning since age 16 (I'm currently somewhere between a Norwood 2.5-3.0 with diffuse thinning and a huge patch which is 75-85% bald on my vertex if I had to estimate; I use concealers to look more normal). I fairly regularly receive unsolicited compliments on my looks in real life and have good success in real life with women in terms of their responsiveness to me etc. But for whatever reason - be it the inherent social dynamic of these apps or that I look better in real life than in pics (several folks whom I've met from online have told me this) - I get no play on these apps. At all. Zero. Some bullet points:

- Started using Tinder about 1.5 years ago. Tried the typical guy strategy of "swipe right on everyone and then weed through your matches." Result: Perhaps ONE match every 4-6 weeks, if that. And the girls who I would match with were WELL below me in terms of physical attractiveness. In the 5-6.5 range. I even hid my age because I know that in itself will dissuade some girls from matching with you (I'm 38 now, but people tend to say I look like I'm 33-35; if I had more hair, they'd say 30 since my actual face/skin looks very young :p).

- Learned a couple of months ago that Tinder has some new-ish algorithm which will limit your visibility to women if it detects that you're swiping right on all profiles. Apparently the only way to reset/recalibrate this is to create a new profile, so I deleted my account, created a new one, and began only swiping right on folks I was legitimately attracted to (if I had to estimate, I'd say 85% of these girls were 7.5+, and seldom below a 7). Result: ONE match in the last 6 weeks. And it was a girl I had "super liked," so who knows how that affects profile visibility or a particular woman's response to it (e.g., some may be put off by it, some may find it flattering that you "super liked" them, making them more inclined to match back etc.). So basically still ZERO success despite changing my tactics.

- Started using Bumble 2-3 weeks ago. Only swiped right on girls I was legitimately attracted to (probably a couple hundred girls at this point). Result: ONE match, who let the time expire without messaging me.

I know the obvious conclusion to the above is "you probably don't look nearly as good as you think you do" - but that's incorrect. If I'm off in my self-estimate (I'd put myself currently around an 8), it's only by +/- .5, maybe 1.0 if you feel like docking me more for the sake of argument. But even assuming that, a 7 should get way more matches than I've gotten. It's absolutely baffling to me, and very frustrating. I do go out every weekend and have decent success (I'd have more success if I'd ever open my mouth, but that's a different matter entirely lol), and girls do approach me on their own. But at my age I'd LOVE to have another avenue to meet people without doing the whole bar/lounge/club thing, which is tiring (not least of all because of the amount of time I spend preparing my hair :rolleyes::p). Today, that avenue is online dating - but it's been nothing but sh*t for me.

Last year, at age 37 on a singles cruise, the three most attractive girls on the boat all approached me on their own - these girls were all 8-8.5+, from 23-27 years old, and were getting mobbed by men as you could imagine. I ended up dating all 3 for a while; they all made it very clear that they found me very physically attractive. Three other girls on that cruise (in the 6-7 range) also approached me on their own. A month prior to that, a hot 26 year old who hooked up with me the first night we met (definitely fueled by alcohol, granted) who I was dating for a while asks me on our first actual date "how are you single?" I said that I had gotten out of a long term relationship several months prior and haven't found the right girl yet, and she goes "that's crazy - you're so good looking that you can get any girl you want." I regularly got asked if I modeled between ages 16-25 before my weight gain got really out of hand and my hair loss kept increasing. And even after that (as the above stories attest to), I still got/get attention for my looks. Not as much as when I had more/all of my hair and was younger/thinner, but I do.

There are other recent stories I can tell, but I'll spare you. I don't tell you all this to brag (seriously - I'm not like that at all), but only to illustrate that my self-appraisal of my looks isn't that far off-base, if it's off-base at all. And that's why my utter lack of success on online dating is so frustrating to me: because it's not congruent with people's reaction to me in my ACTUAL life. Like I said earlier, I do know that I don't photograph well and look better in person, so maybe that's the entirety of it. But even docking my pics a FULL POINT from what I believe myself to look like in real life (so from a 7.75-8.0 down to a 6.75-7.0), I should still get more than 4 matches in a year when I'm swiping literally thousands of girls (and again, those 4 matches were 5.0-6.5's for the most part). It's just bizarre to me. :(:mad:

A very attractive female friend of mine whom I hadn't seen for a couple of years invited me to her birthday party when I was 27. In that time, I had put on about 35-40 pounds (I'm 6'1" with a broad frame, so it doesn't look as bad on me as it would on many folks, but it's still 40 pounds - your appearance changes). We were talking and she goes "you look great!" I said "Really? Thanks. I've put on a lot of weight since I saw you last." And she goes "Bklyn_23, let me tell you something: I don't care if you were 300 pounds, when you walk into a room, people notice - believe me. Whatever 'it' is, you have it."

So who knows - maybe it really is just something that doesn't come across in pics. But as someone who would LOVE to forgo the bar scene at least once in a while and meet people through other avenues, my lack of success (or, more accurately, abysmal failure) with online dating apps is incredibly frustrating and perplexing.

Cheers to whoever got all the way to the end of this lol. :D PS: If anyone is wondering what I look like, I look pretty much like Ben Affleck in the below pic (in fact, all my life people have told me that I look like him). I do think that I have better features than him (hazel/blue eyes, a substantially stronger jawline/chin and higher cheekbones for instance), but there's a definitely a strong resemblance. Minus his near-perfect hair/hairline, of course, which I would die for right now lol :p:

Affleck%2B1209.jpg

Last edited:

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I for one am incredibly frustrated with Tinder/Bumble and the like. I live in NY and have absolutely ZERO success on these apps. Bear in mind that I'm at least a 7.5 even now at age 38 after having been balding/thinning since age 16 (I'm currently somewhere between a Norwood 2.5-3.0 with diffuse thinning and a huge patch which is 75-85% bald on my vertex if I had to estimate; I use concealers to look more normal). I fairly regularly receive unsolicited compliments on my looks in real life and have good success in real life with women in terms of their responsiveness to me etc. But for whatever reason - be it the inherent social dynamic of these apps or that I look better in real life than in pics (several folks whom I've met from online have told me this) - I get no play on these apps. At all. Zero. Some bullet points:

- Started using Tinder about 1.5 years ago. Tried the typical guy strategy of "swipe right on everyone and then weed through your matches." Result: Perhaps ONE match every 4-6 weeks, if that. And the girls who I would match with were WELL below me in terms of physical attractiveness. In the 5-6.5 range. I even hid my age because I know that in itself will dissuade some girls from matching with you (I'm 38 now, but people tend to say I look like I'm 33-35; if I had more hair, they'd say 30 since my actual face/skin looks very young :p).

- Learned a couple of months ago that Tinder has some new-ish algorithm which will limit your visibility to women if it detects that you're swiping right on all profiles. Apparently the only way to reset/recalibrate this is to create a new profile, so I deleted my account, created a new one, and began only swiping right on folks I was legitimately attracted to (if I had to estimate, I'd say 85% of these girls were 7.5+, and seldom below a 7). Result: ONE match in the last 6 weeks. And it was a girl I had "super liked," so who knows how that affects profile visibility or a particular woman's response to it (e.g., some may be put off by it, some may find it flattering that you "super liked" them, making them more inclined to match back etc.). So basically still ZERO success despite changing my tactics.

- Started using Bumble 2-3 weeks ago. Only swiped right on girls I was legitimately attracted to (probably a couple hundred girls at this point). Result: ONE match, who let the time expire without messaging me.

I know the obvious conclusion to the above is "you probably don't look nearly as good as you think you do" - but that's incorrect. If I'm off in my self-estimate (I'd put myself currently around an 8), it's only by +/- .5, maybe 1.0 if you feel like docking me more for the sake of argument. But even assuming that, a 7 should get way more matches than I've gotten. It's absolutely baffling to me, and very frustrating. I do go out every weekend and have decent success (I'd have more success if I'd ever open my mouth, but that's a different matter entirely lol), and girls do approach me on their own. But at my age I'd LOVE to have another avenue to meet people without doing the whole bar/lounge/club, which is tiring (not least of all because of the amount of time I spent preparing my hair :rolleyes::p). Today, that avenue is online dating - but it's been nothing but sh*t for me.

Last year, at age 37 on a singles cruise, the three most attractive girls on the boat all approached me on their own - these girls were all 8-8.5+, from 23-27 years old, and were getting mobbed by men as you could imagine. I ended up dating all 3 for a while; they all made it very clear that they found me very physically attractive. Three other girls on that cruise (in the 6-7 range) also approached me on their own. A month prior to that, a hot 26 year old who hooked up with me the first night we met (definitely fueled by alcohol, granted) who I was dating for a while asks me on our first actual date "how are you single?" I said that I had gotten out of a long term relationship several months prior and haven't found the right girl yet, and she goes "that's crazy - you're so good looking that you can get any girl you want." I regularly got asked if I modeled between ages 16-25 before my weight gain got really out of hand and my hair loss kept increasing. And even after that (as the above stories attest to), I still got/get attention for my looks. Not as much as when I had more/all of my hair and was younger/thinner, but I do.

There are other recent stories I can tell, but I'll spare you. I don't tell you all this to brag (seriously - I'm not like that at all), but only to illustrate that my self-appraisal of my looks isn't that far off-base, if it's off-base at all. And that's why my utter lack of success on online dating is so frustrating to me: because it's not congruent people's reaction to me in my ACTUAL life. Like I said earlier, I do know that I don't photograph well and look better in person, so maybe that's the entirety of it. But even docking my pics a FULL POINT from what I believe myself to look like in real life (so from a 7.75-8.0 down to a 6.75-7.0), I should still get more than 4 matches in a year when I'm swiping literally thousands of girls (and again, those 4 matches were 5.0-6.5's for the most part). It's just bizarre to me. :(:mad:

A very attractive female friend of mine whom I hadn't seen for a couple of years invited me to her birthday party when I was 27. In that time, I had put on about 35-40 pounds (I'm 6'1" with a broad frame, so it doesn't look as bad on me as it would on many folks, but it's still 40 pounds - your appearance changes). We were talking and she goes "you look great!" I said "Really? Thanks. I've put on a lot of weight since I saw you last." And she goes "Bklyn_23, let me tell you something: I don't care if you were 300 pounds, when you walk into a room, people notice - believe me. Whatever 'it' is, you have it."

So who knows - maybe it really is just something that doesn't come across in pics. But as someone who would LOVE to forgo the bar scene at least once in a while and meet people through other avenues, my lack of success (or, more accurately, abysmal failure) with online dating apps is incredibly frustrating and perplexing.

Cheers to whoever got all the way to the end of this lol. :D PS: If anyone is wondering what I look like, I look pretty much like Ben Affleck in the below pic (in fact, all my life people have told me that I look like him). I do think that I have better features than him (hazel/blue eyes, a substantially stronger jawline/chin and higher cheekbones for instance), but there's a definitely a strong resemblance. Minus his near-perfect hair/hairline, of course, which I would die for right now lol :p:

Affleck%2B1209.jpg

@shookwun or @zircon or Fred could prolly help you.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

I know the obvious conclusion to the above is "you probably don't look nearly as good as you think you do" - but that's incorrect. If I'm off in my self-estimate (I'd put myself currently around an 8), it's only by +/- .5, maybe 1.0 if you feel like docking me more for the sake of argument. But even assuming that, a 7 should get way more matches than I've gotten. It's absolutely baffling to me, and very frustrating. I do go out every weekend and have decent success (I'd have more success if I'd ever open my mouth, but that's a different matter entirely lol), and girls do approach me on their own. But at my age I'd LOVE to have another avenue to meet people without doing the whole bar/lounge/club, which is tiring (not least of all because of the amount of time I spend preparing my hair :rolleyes::p). Today, that avenue is online dating - but it's been nothing but sh*t for me.

There are other recent stories I can tell, but I'll spare you. I don't tell you all this to brag (seriously - I'm not like that at all), but only to illustrate that my self-appraisal of my looks isn't that far off-base, if it's off-base at all. And that's why my utter lack of success on online dating is so frustrating to me: because it's not congruent people's reaction to me in my ACTUAL life. Like I said earlier, I do know that I don't photograph well and look better in person, so maybe that's the entirety of it. But even docking my pics a FULL POINT from what I believe myself to look like in real life (so from a 7.75-8.0 down to a 6.75-7.0), I should still get more than 4 matches in a year when I'm swiping literally thousands of girls (and again, those 4 matches were 5.0-6.5's for the most part). It's just bizarre to me. :(:mad:

Affleck%2B1209.jpg

I hear ya. I am in the US as well and have similar results as yours in online dating.In real life, I have been able to go out with some super attractive women without issues. I suspect that success in online dating varies by location. I may be wrong though and may be some people really do look better in real life than pics.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
White knight.

I think it's time to talk about women on hair loss talk.

There are 3 women here on hair loss talk now (I do not count @Joan since I haven't met her in topics a enough, but respect her and she messaged me in PM when I had a mental breakdown, I appreciate it).

They dilute sausage party here and that's nice. Nevertheless they do not have equal value at least for me.

Personally, I would rate as following:

1. @hairblues – drops redpills here and there, life stories, no reddit talks or worthless consolations, solid humour, good taste and looks ratings. Top value for hair loss talk I think.

2. @EvilLocks – same as @hairblues but a bit more harsh, abrupt in a good sense possible because she is almost twice younger. Not as interesting as @hairblues. Rate her value as second.

3. @Pasbrillantebrunette – a lot of "positive" bullshit, female analog of notorious @telelrsquill, adds reddit smell to the threads she posts. Good taste in tv shows, sometimes delivers decent posts but they lost in reddit-styled "sweet" talking. Lowest value despite highest post-per-day ratio.

Still all of them add their impact on blend of characters on hair loss talk so I do not judge anyone. Just saying.

Disagree with the ranking. In my estimation:

(1) @hairblues and @Pasbrillantebrunette

(2) @EvilLocks

Status
Not open for further replies.