Think I May Leave This Site Because Of The Ads.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda feel sick and immoral for continuing to contribute energy and words to a site that is now paying it's bills with the ads of heartless parasites.

When will you start posting ads for Bosley, HairLossTalk.com? The company that disfigured me and so many others.

This is f*****g sad.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit that I agree to some extent, and some ads get on my nerves. But I would never leave this site, it's the only decent (more than decent) one around about hair loss.

yeah, I know. Good point. These ads are just pissing me the f*** off. I will try to just ignore them.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda feel sick and immoral for continuing to contribute energy and words to a site that is now paying it's bills with the ads of heartless parasites.

When will you start posting ads for Bosley, HairLossTalk.com? The company that disfigured me and so many others.

This is f*****g sad.

What are you communist? You can't leave the site over capitalism!

I will hunt you down and castrate you if you try to leave this site.

Just put an ad-block some of the guys were talking about.

Besides "Ruth enjoys fixing dinner, not the plumbing' its secret code in one of my Ads...

At first I thought Rent.com was for renting women. Must be for houses. :D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm getting filipino women, Nordstrom and CNN lol.

Nordi and CNN i get..Filipino women? well there was that one time in college... ;)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is f*****g sad.

Don't leave. Just get add bloc. Sunchyme1 recommended it to me, and it works well.

To be honest, it feels like you've been here forever.

That, and I miss the expression bird's nest. It's just so god damn funny!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is f*****g sad.

Without your diffused birds nest, we are nothing. We need you

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

This is f*****g sad.
Bucky, I was sick of seeing so many too but I don't see them anymore since I installed adguard.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
76283533.jpg

g.i joey

Reaction score
admin gave up years of not banking on ads, I'm honestly boggled on why he hasn't done it sooner. Heprobably would've killed it in the months that were following up to the great brotzu failure.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
On your phone? Doesn't work and it's where it annoys me the most, the website's constantly freezing on my phone since Admin implemented these ads.

I don't see them on my computer since Adblock takes care of them.

If you're on Android you can use this Adblock Browser.

A bit annoying to have to use a separate browser, that's far worse developed than chrome, but less annoying than the ads.

resu

Reaction score
Yeah on mobile it's when it's more annoying, you have root your phone or tablet and hope you don't break it in the process or just use Firefox with adblock.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird. All I see are "hot latin women dating" ... I guess they know our preferences somehow :)

I'll have the dating ads blocked.

PS: Dudes ..... this site literally was generating zero dollars and I was about to go bankrupt.

Always has to be one guy who needs to post an advertisement himself that he's leaving the site. :confused:

Purpose? Not sure.

To try and create a spectacle, and rally everyone to leave with him?

We are working on other sources of income.

If you'd like to help the site by contributing some 2,000 word articles on topics you know a lot about @buckthorn , that will help a lot.

Seriously? o_O

Admin

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird. All I see are "hot latin women dating" ... I guess they know our preferences somehow :)

I'll have the dating ads blocked.

PS: Dudes ..... this site literally was generating zero dollars and I was about to go bankrupt.

Always has to be one guy who needs to post an advertisement himself that he's leaving the site.

Purpose? Not sure. To try and create a spectacle and rally everyone to leave with him?

Either way, lame @buckthorn.

We are working on other sources of income. If you'd like to help the site by contributing some 2,000 word articles @buckthorn on topics you know a lot about related to hair loss, that will help a lot.

Positivity rather than dramatic spectacle generating yeah? :)

Admin
How would this site make you go bankrupt? Is it expensive to run?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would this site make you go bankrupt? Is it expensive to run?

Very.

In order to make money, you have to pay a lot of people to do a lot of things to keep it running.

When the money coming in doesn't cover their fees and other expenses, you spend all of 2016 cashing in your 401k to stay afloat.

I deliberately posted this thread about the ads, so that there wouldn't be any posts like @buckthorn put up, but someone always has to announce it.

-----------------
March 16, 2017:

Hi everyone -

Despite having the highest traffic among the hair loss sites, HairLossTalk.com doesn't generate much income right now at all. This has made covering the expenses difficult.

I hope you will all be tolerant and accepting that some ads are being put up on the forums to try and generate some income for the site.

It's definitely not the approach I would like to take. I am hopeful that as we begin to partner with others in the industry, we can replace the banners with something a little less obvious. That is to come in the next few months.

But in the meantime, just participating here is going to help the site a lot, as you browse through the forums as normal. I appreciate your tolerance of the banner ads, and know that you're helping the site grow by putting up with them.

Thanks for understanding everybody.

Admin

--------------

Either way its my fault. This website has no excuse for not generating a lot of money. That is being worked on behind the scenes, but it takes months.

My plan is to eliminate or reduce the quantity of banner ads as we get other sources of income rolling. In order to pay the guys who are good at generating other sources of income - the ads needed to go up. All that money is going to them - so we don't have to have banner ads forever.

Admin