Theradome lazer helmet

Jacob

Reaction score
Yes, we know..after it was pointed out that it said "made in china" they had new stickers made up to say "made in the usa". It should say "assembled in the usa", if that's even the case, since the CEO admitted most everything comes from China, and we never got confirmation from anyone, even the person that visited the awesome assembly plant, that the lasers were being made by them. Nothing about seeing them being made..no pictures(of anything btw)..etc.

Good luck.

(And no..the CEO's pictures are not proof of anything. I still read comments about how good he did with the device or a prototype of it..even how you should follow what he did- use it once a day or whatever. What foolishness to think he actually got any wow results with his own device, while hiding behind the FDA as the excuse(which is bs) for not providing any other men's before/afters.)

Kingman652000

Reaction score
Well if what your saying is true then all you have to do is report them as I can tell you that to say something is made in the usa vs assembled means that the majority of the parts are made in the usa vs assembled which means you can get All the parts from outside the usa.
This sticker clearly says made in the usa so that means the majority of the components have to be made in the usa or they can get introuble for false advertizing.
I have had the unit since the the 13 of aug so time will tell but I can honestly say if it helps me maintain what I have and increases the thickness of the hair shaft which I have noticed already then to me it will have been worth it.
As I said it's really easy to use and I like it a whole lot better than the laser combs or even the devices you have to sit under and can't move for 20 minutes.
I am doing it everyday for 20 minutes and I will take pics to see if it does work for me or if it doesn't.
I did consider the igrow but this has more lasers than igrow and I saw that igrow uses a combination of lasers and LEDs which I believe LEDs havenot been shown to have any effect on growing hair.

Jacob

Reaction score
There are so many things they should be "reported" on, and maybe they have. There are a lot of companies that get away with crap, and some for years but eventually pay the price.

We've also talked about the LED's..and the Igrow's study. There IS some evidence that LED's do something, and the Igrow did better than the MEP-90(not just a little helmet) that the Theradome used to get FDA approval. The Theradome helmet itself was never used to get that FDA approval- it's confusing..I know. See http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf12/K122950.pdf

Kingman652000

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that, and I hear ya but let's be honest all these companies hype their products.
Rogaine isn't as good as the want you to think it is then there was the laser comb that had only one laser and the rest was done with mirrors.
I agree Jacob it would be nice if these companies would just level with the consumer but they never do they take the positive and hype the heck out of it and never mention the negative.
I will say that I made my choice on the theradome over the igrow because the theradome has 80 lasers and igrow only has 21, and there is just not enough evidence to Sugest that LEDs have any effect on hair growth, the other companies that sell laser devices all say that LEDs are no good also.
So based on the amount of lasers difference and the price I was able to get the theradome for I chose it.
Now as we both know it's way too early to see any hair growth, but I can tell you it has definately increased the diameter of my hair shaft and has helped get rid of the scalp acne I was starting to get as I read that laser treatments have been shown to do that and I can say that it has with me.
I hope I do see new growth that would be great, but if not and all it does is maintain and thicken what I got then that will be worth it to me.
The theradome is well made and the improvements made to the charging system have seemed to fix any issues that the earlier models had, so I am happy with it so far.
Oh and besides the sticker that is on the inside of the unit that says made in the usa it is also printed on the box it comes in, just an FYI.
Anyways let's hope I will have some good news to post in let's say 4-6 months as far as new growth, good luck to you Jacob in your battle with male pattern baldness.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hyping is one thing. Outright lying is quite another. And it doesn't matter how many companies do it- if some CEO of a company is using bogus pictures of himself to sell his device- ppl in these forums should be calling him on it. The same goes for then making excuses for not having other men's before/afters, etc etc.

If you wanted more lasers, there are a # of them out there with more than 80 lasers.

As I said above..the Igrow did better than the device(MEP-90) that the Theradome used to get their own FDA approval. Unless there's something missing that hasn't been pointed out all this time since that info was provided...then obviously the # of lasers doesn't mean too much. And here's some reading on LED's- much more out there on that then there is on anything Theradome has provided us so far:

http://www.baumanmedical.com/Portals/0/ASLMS_LEDhairgrowth.PDF

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20100055789.pdf

http://www.google.com/patents/EP2508228A1?cl=en

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
what about laser combs?

It is difficult to trust anyone who says laser devices work - without before & after pictures. This website is legitimate and trustworthy and it has a laser comb on its "sell" page. This forum is a great place to get a real advice... Did anyone use it ? with any success? It does sell almost for the same price as this theradome, but perhaps it really works? I would give it a try if anyone used it with any results?

Kingman652000

Reaction score
Ok so you have shown me two patent applications and a hair restoration reprint of a previous article.
Again the only things I see that have been FDA approved for hair growth are rogaine, propecia, and LLLT. As far as I know anyways.
Now are you saying that theradome isn't using lasers or their lasers aren't the proper type?
I honestly am not sure besides your issue with the pictures and how they got approval which by the way hair max did the same thing.
If you look on YouTube and search theradome you will see quite Afew before and after videos and pics both from theradome and from users of the product independently.
I had a hairmax comb I got it when they first came out I returned it with in the time they slotted you because it was a lot of money and I felt it was cheaply made.
They claimed to have I believe it was 5 lasers which we all now know is a lie and it actually only had one laser and used mirrors to spread it around the rest of the comb.
I also bought a 6 laser diode cb from gmr products out of nj for 99.00 and it is a very well made comb and a great value.
I also bought a super grow laser device that you sit under it has 30 laser diodes and I got it for under 200.00 dollars another great deal fora LLLT device.
The problem with both devices was in the way they have to be used, in that a comb gets tiresome and after 6 months of using it steady I stopped as it was to time consuming .
The super grow I also used regularly for the first 6-8months but also began to use it less and less after that and again it was because of the method of use as in I had to sit under the unit and I held a mirror so I could make sure my head was directly under it and I couldn't move during the treatment session.
Now this is where the theradome is a huge improvement as in you wear in on your head and you can move around during the treatment session and you don't have to worry about coverage as the unit sits on your heAd so it covers the entire area without threat of moving.
Now I chose theradome over igrow because it has more lasers 80 verse 21 for igrow and being I got the theradome for 600.00 shipped to my door and the igrow would have cost me more for less lasers I chose the theradome.
You mentioned if lasers where the issue that there are other products on the market that have more than 80 lasers and you are correct but they also cost Far more than what I paid for my theradome which honestly was at the limit of what I wanted to pay for a device.
Out of the three laser hair regrowth devices I currently own the theradome is by far the easiest to use and it is the only one out of the three devices I have that I saw improvement in the thickness of my hair shaft.
Will it regrowth new hair, time will tell but as I said before if all it does is thicken the hair I have and stop what I got left from falling out then it will have been worth it.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hair restoration reprint??
Again, there is more evidence that those LED's do anything than there is for the lasers Theradome is using. Where is such information from Theradome?
Don't forget, they're supposed to be using something(the lasers) nobody else uses. As for LLLT being FDA approved- you're referring to just being cleared for safety etc, right? And then that's only specific devices(and then the others, such as Theradome, use that to get their own "approval")

See the rest of this thread/my previous posts for the other "issues".

I've seen most if not all the pictures and videos purported to be from the use of the Theradome. Many are not just with the device...most don't prove anything..and many are just B.S., such as the CEO's.

I agree with you on the combs being a pain and a waste. My point is there are plenty of good coverage helmets out there and we've seen nothing special about the Theradome as far as results go. We have ppl, especially over at HLH, going all bananas over everything about this helmet/company that has 1)turned out to be a lie/just plain false and 2)Tamim's/the CEO's before/afters which are a complete joke- one of the worst ones out there and yet ppl to this day, after no one getting anywhere near such results, still point to them and talk about how he used the device to get such results. There are some who still don't get that the Theradome was never "used" to get that FDA clearance- they used the information/work of another company's salon-type unit.

And for the last time..with the information we know it doesn't seem to matter if one has more lasers than the other. I don't necessarily agree with this- but some say it could even be worse to have more. I think using them too much would be more of a problem.

Mister Vod

Reaction score
THERADOME - DOES NOT WORK FOR MEN.

I have diffuse thinning and have been using Minoxidil 15% for years. I purchased a Theradome in February, used it as directed till today. THERE HAS BEEN NO DIFFERENCE.
There has been no hair growth and same rate of hairloss I have been experiencing with minoxidil. I did stay on minoxidil the whole time. There was no shedding.

It is still not FDA approved for men.

I would avoid this product even if it is approved. It does not work.

I am glad I tried it after the hype, that is the only way to really know. It won't hurt you, but it won't help you.

It might come in handy for Halloween.

To this date, the only effective treatment I have used is Finasteride but discontinued over 10 years ago because of the side effects. I do believe the minoxidil is slowing the hairloss, but ultimately, we know how this ends. I will look like Friar Tuck.

Be good all, and best I wish you good hair!

Mister Vod

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you take photos when you was with finas? Yo said the only effcetive treatment.----. also minoxidil?

slartybartfast

Reaction score
People, have you seen the hairmax study from this year?
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40257-013-0060-6

What do you think? I'm on the verge of buying the cheapest model (hairmax advanced 7) based on the results from this study, butfirst I would like to know general opinions on this.

I noticed that too. The reviews on Amazon are pretty unimpressive, but on the surface the study certainly raises my interest.

Also came across this:

http://io9.com/this-hair-growing-laser-helmet-was-just-approved-by-the-1638533019

Another FDA approval. And still dutasteride is not!

It seems the laser helmet are gaining some street cred, although lets see where things evolve.

slartybartfast

Reaction score
People, have you seen the hairmax study from this year?
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40257-013-0060-6

What do you think? I'm on the verge of buying the cheapest model (hairmax advanced 7) based on the results from this study, butfirst I would like to know general opinions on this.

This study also caught my eye - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lsm.22173/abstract

39% growth after 16 weeks certainly seems like it would be noticeable. And that device was also recently FDA approved. Perhaps its nothing more than pushing follicles back into anagen phase, but certainly makes you go hmm...

drfumanchu

Reaction score
I wonder why so many people in the forum argue about the scientific validity of LLLT when there are recent well-done studies that actually show an unanimous success of lasers.

Jacob

Reaction score
I noticed that too. The reviews on Amazon are pretty unimpressive, but on the surface the study certainly raises my interest.

Also came across this:

http://io9.com/this-hair-growing-laser-helmet-was-just-approved-by-the-1638533019

Another FDA approval. And still dutasteride is not!

It seems the laser helmet are gaining some street cred, although lets see where things evolve.

FDA approval for safety though. Notice that device also uses LED's..which seems to also be gainig some street cred ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why so many people in the forum argue about the scientific validity of LLLT when there are recent well-done studies that actually show an unanimous success of lasers.

It doesn't help that companies such as Theradome make claims that can't be backed up. I think that's what most are going by- look at the fake before/afters of the CEO and then the near if not complete promise of the device working for you..etc.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Studies"? I only know of one, the one you cited. "Unanimous"? Obviously, if there is only one study in support of it. As other survey studies have noted, the methodology in many earlier studies regarding LLLT was bad, rendering the results completely useless (some examples: extremely small sample size, e.g. less than 15, no placebo, if placebo no blinding, and so on).

I have to admit that the recent study seems to be trustworthy and well done. But it is the only one. There are many papers which can't find any positive effects in LLLT on the one side (or debunk papers with bad methodology), and on the other side there is only one which supporting LLLT efficacy.

Also, the most important point is that not even the supporting papers with bad methodology present any possible mode of action and hence, an explanation. LLLT, without any theoretical foundation, is as random a treatment as directing supersonic at your scalp. Or Axolotl saliva. Or human breast milk. Or worn socks. All of these have no known mode of action, just like LLLT.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Why waste your precious time with the debating when you can just try it for yourself and see if it works for you.
In the end, you only have yourself to convince. That's all that matters.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Assuming you are trying this yourself I would appreciate learning your impressions so far. Good systematic documentation and pics (b/a) remain the best ideal way to support viability potential. Thanks for sharing.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
This is a results based business. Studies and research are great, but at the end of the day we want to see more hair on our heads. It sounds too simplistic, but it truly is that simple. There lies the problem. There are plenty of cases of results using finasteride, minoxidil, even RU. I haven't seen too many cases in support of laser. Until we see those success stories laser will not be taken seriously as an effective treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Why waste your precious time with the debating when you can just try it for yourself and see if it works for you.
In the end, you only have yourself to convince. That's all that matters.

I finally said "Screw it" and did this.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You're a better man than me just by your virtuous example of wanting to contribute something for the benefit of the scientific process. You have my thanks.