The real cause of male pattern baldness - Discovered and explained

Do you believe this?

• Total voters

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear God, aging hits hard. This is worse than going bald.
I think all of this is pseudoscience guys. If you want to try, try the botox injections to loosen the scalp and what not and see if that confirms ur theory.

Botox injections work by inhibiting TGF-β1 secretions from DPCs not by relaxing this galea nonsense. But it also sometime causes hairloss

This is a smooth brained theory, nothing else

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Botox injections work by inhibiting TGF-β1 secretions from DPCs not by relaxing this galea nonsense. But it also sometime causes hairloss

This is a smooth brained theory, nothing else
There is no way Botox could loosen the fibrosis/calcification it takes years to form and in theory years to reduce. Steroids on the other hand I'm not entirely convinced by.

I don't know all the mechanisms that result in a hardened scalp but It's just not formed as simply as you seem to think it is from predisposed androgens.

Poor posture does indeed affect the majority of the child and adult population, again we see this everyday and it's only been worsened by smartphones in the last 10 years. How is this relevant? I didn't say posture equals baldness or anything close to that!

The fact is it can exacerbate male pattern baldness, the two things can occur simultaneously and if you open your eyes and actually monitor people you will see this very easily. Forward chin, rounded shoulders, in I would estimate 80 percent of bald people I've seen this week.

I'd say about half of this amount for non bald, there is no question of this it's undeniable. Open your eyes in the real world and you will see this is true I've nothing to prove by saying this.

Again posture does NOT cause balding and I've never said it did.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Lenin is an interesting case. His case is similar to the one of Doctor phill. He was a child with slightly receded hairline and started balding as soon as he hit puberty because of how poorly shaped galea he had.

a-grammar-school-pupil-simbirsk-russia-1879-DE2F4A.jpg

He also had improper cheekbone inclination and narrow jawline.

By 20 he was balding.

f51_2887.jpg

And was bald by 25

091d3c6b0a58bdf41d5089ffc5bc22ed.jpg

Most men who are Norwood 7 are like that. They always have very wide, very ridged or very exapaded upwards galeas. They are children with receded hairline and thin frontal hair. They start balding as soon as they hit pubery and are literally shiny bald by age 30. Of course the bad galea is accompanied by an odd face shape. Norwood 7 means that the tension on the galea is so strong that is able to conscrict all the non muscular areas of your scalp.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Lenin is an interesting case. His case is similar to the one of Doctor phill. He was a child with slightly receded hairline and started balding as soon as he hit puberty because of how poorly shaped galea he had.

View attachment 182152

He also had improper cheekbone inclination and narrow jawline.

By 20 he was balding.

View attachment 182153

And was bald by 25

View attachment 182154

Most men who are Norwood 7 are like that. They always have very wide, very ridged or very exapaded upwards galeas. They are children with receded hairline and thin frontal hair. They start balding as soon as they hit pubery and are literally shiny bald by age 30. Of course the bad galea is accompanied by an odd face shape. Norwood 7 means that the tension on the galea is so strong that is able to conscrict all the non muscular areas of your scalp.

Yeah but women don’t bald despite bad galea. Good joke

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie I was surprised that Paul Anka went bald considering his hairline when he was young until I saw his incredibly poor craniofacial development.

He had very rounded hairline.

music-a-fifties-teen-picture-id3141771?s=2048x2048.jpg

But very poor craniofacial development

photo-of-paul-anka-picture-id73988210?s=2048x2048.jpg

His cheekbones aren't just flat. They are growingaside in a very improper direction and are creating an incredibly narrow jawnile.
In that photo he slightly receded. But later he started to thin out 10 years after.

-17-1969-paul-anka-picture-id454876872?s=2048x2048.jpg

I think If he had more horizontal and more decent face shape he would slighlty recede and stay like that because he doesn't have a smooth galea.

gettyimages-167113545.jpg

If he had good galea enough that would make him able to keep the rounded hairline he wouldn't thin out at all.

If he had a decent face shape he would be like Dean Martin

he-ambushers-1967-picture-id1330044912?s=2048x2048.jpg

He had much more symmetrical face and decent face shape.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How the f*** can u see the galea lol. It’s under the skin. OPs post literally said anyone can go bald. He literally mentioned every combination. Lol. I will give him one thing balding is absolutely related to bones and that’s been proven because of the HDAC4 hit

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think you understood. Reduced blood flow to the hair follicles NOT the head or even the area around hair follicles.

HF starve due to DHT and other pathways. When the HF gets into catagen phase and the stem cells deactivated/died off, there’s no reason for blood flow.

Head is literally the most vascular part of the body and so this tension theory is just BS so is the bludflow theory. Because if this tension caused reduced blood flow then you would get brain damage and other malignancies. Brain is the most important organ of the body.

I don’t know why you keep trying to justify this BS one way or another. Our knowledge of hairloss is increasing day by day, and it has absolutely nada to do with anatomy.

In fact, the skeletal structure has absolutely nada to do with most pathologies except perhaps height and bone growth. That’s it.

It’s just absurd that there would be muscle tension that’s suffocating hair follicles, all bald people would get migraines then
I don’t want to believe his theory as much as any other guy. But bone is extremely related to balding. Hell bone drugs was found to grow hair and on top of the hdac4 Is a huge genetic marker of balding.

here is something bizarre. Here is a guy before and after steroids. Look What happens to his skull and hair.

I will say this everyones argument against u sucks. Like that dude who shared that the hair still shrinks if it’s transplanted on a rat. Easily can be explained by the fact if the hair gets the signal to shrink it will continue if it doesn’t get the signal to stop.

anyways there is just about one thing that has always invalidates this idea for me and that is the fact advance balding results in men losing must if their hair on the sides and on their nape. The nape is an area that’s not even on the skull. So this theory doesn’t explain why that happens to those men.

My research points to the lack of bone growth factors that causes Androgenetic Alopecia not muscle tension. If it were muscle tension then hair would get better as you age because well muscles get weaker as u age. Bone on the other hand gets weaker as u age and it’s growth factors drop off. It all has to do with bone. The question is what exactly about bone and the big big thing we all want to know can we do something about it

Attachments

• 24730D8C-068C-4166-8CC5-3CBE9682B25C.png
    24730D8C-068C-4166-8CC5-3CBE9682B25C.png
    609.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t want to believe his theory as much as any other guy. But bone is extremely related to balding. Hell bone drugs was found to grow hair and on top of the hdac4 Is a huge genetic marker of balding.

here is something bizarre. Here is a guy before and after steroids. Look What happens to his skull and hair.

I will say this everyones argument against u sucks. Like that dude who shared that the hair still shrinks if it’s transplanted on a rat. Easily can be explained by the fact if the hair gets the signal to shrink it will continue if it doesn’t get the signal to stop.

anyways there is just about one thing that has always invalidates this idea for me and that is the fact advance balding results in men losing must if their hair on the sides and on their nape. The nape is an area that’s not even on the skull. So this theory doesn’t explain why that happens to those men.

My research points to the lack of bone growth factors that causes Androgenetic Alopecia not muscle tension. If it were muscle tension then hair would get better as you age because well muscles get weaker as u age. Bone on the other hand gets weaker as u age and it’s growth factors drop off. It all has to do with bone. The question is what exactly about bone and the big big thing we all want to know can we do something about it

Is the solution scalp massages?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the solution scalp massages?
I do not believe scalp massages are the solution At all. Believe it or not there is a study that shows hair actually thickens under tension The issue for us is a failing dermal papilae due to a failing stem cell renewal triggered by some Sort of inflammatory factor and or aging itself

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait what? The article you quoted says there’s no association between baldness and bone mineral density. Did you read it lol

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait what? The article you quoted says there’s no association between baldness and bone mineral density. Did you read it lol
Read it more. This is a review of another study. They make the clwim there is no association. But the original study there is. They try to explain it through their ideas. It was not a great thing to share. i Mean to share the original study.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The muscle tension is referring to those around neck and trapezius, which are strained over a very long period, and after decades of bad posture. This in turn pulls and stretches the skin on top of galea downwards. Nothing to do with muscle strength.

I also don't agree with OP theory of galea/jawline shape being predetermined and causing baldness although there may be a slight correlation it's not relevant imo. Forward head posture is however undeniably linked to balding after you observe the general population. Fibrosis/calcification. Treating this alongside genetics/DHT is currently the best bet to fight male pattern baldness.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about women they also got galea. Yet dont bald because of very low male hormones. I mean guys that go on HRT regrow their hair despite having a large galea. So either fix your galea somehow or go on HRT.
True that few women do but they say that the balding pattern of women often follows that of where tension builds up in the galea so they think there's a connection.
So your assertion is that it's male/ test hormones more so as the definitive reason for the human animal as it only happens to men.

And theirs is that hairs don't survive on male heads/ head muscles because of the male skull's size/ shape contributing to the toll of dht. Oval heads somehow being ergonomically/ adjustably unfit for hair follicles.

They think that "bc low dht looking men lose hair sometimes more than high dht men that there is more going on". Do you think shape/ size of skull is a contributing factor? or it's just simply that some ppl have insanely sensitive follicles to dht rather than dht levels.