The real cause of male pattern baldness - Discovered and explained

Do you believe this?

• Total voters

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you base all your medical theory's on century old studies or just hair related stuff?

We still built fighter aircraft from wood 100 years ago.

The point is this blood flow theory and similar were prevalent even century ago with snake oil salesmen preying in poor hairloss sufferers until science eventually came and debunked them all in the beginning of the start of modern medicine a century ago.

Our knowledge of hairloss has advanced so much yet these snake oil salesmen still use the same old BS theories. This guy literally said a few posts ago Botox relaxes galea and causes hair growth when in reality Botox does this by inhibiting some necrosis/apoptosis factors and not by relaxing muscles lmao. He still wants people to use smooth brained thinking like he does.

It’s 2022, we know AA is caused through a multi factoral hormonal and other pathways such as DHT, prolactin, (some necrosis factors I can’t recall names exactly), wnt pathways etc.

It is honestly offensive this guy comes and says BLUUUUDFLOW theory wishing to send us back to the pre-finasteride dark ages of hairloss. F*ck his debunked theories.

They literally cut the vein in head in some people where it gets too big/bulging and yet this smooth brained theory of low blood flow doesn’t work and there’s no hairloss.

So yeah, debunked a century ago. Sell this sh*t elsewhere

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is this blood flow theory and similar were prevalent even century ago with snake oil salesmen preying in poor hairloss sufferers until science eventually came and debunked them all in the beginning of the start of modern medicine a century ago.

Our knowledge of hairloss has advanced so much yet these snake oil salesmen still use the same old BS theories. This guy literally said a few posts ago Botox relaxes galea and causes hair growth when in reality Botox does this by inhibiting some necrosis/apoptosis factors and not by relaxing muscles lmao. He still wants people to use smooth brained thinking like he does.

It’s 2022, we know AA is caused through a multi factoral hormonal and other pathways such as DHT, prolactin, (some necrosis factors I can’t recall names exactly), wnt pathways etc.

It is honestly offensive this guy comes and says BLUUUUDFLOW theory wishing to send us back to the pre-finasteride dark ages of hairloss. F*ck his debunked theories.

They literally cut the vein in head in some people where it gets too big/bulging and yet this smooth brained theory of low blood flow doesn’t work and there’s no hairloss.

So yeah, debunked a century ago. Sell this sh*t elsewhere
I don't agree with a lot of the OPs theory, or that increasing bloodflow alone will help at all, in fact I think it would inevitably make things worse. Same for scalp massages etc.

However the idea of calcification and fibrosis, party due to muscle tension and hence skin stretching around the galea (which can be directly related to galea shape) follows an almost identical pattern as male pattern baldness, and creates fibrosis and hence is an ideal environment for DHT, has been proven time and time again be a factor relating to hairloss. Like the study I posted above. It even fits in with other factors such as hormonal/DHT, and explains why taking anti DHT meds help.

It's not a counter arguement to why we develop male pattern baldness through AA, it's just one part of the same theory.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree with a lot of the OPs theory, or that increasing bloodflow alone will help at all, in fact I think it would inevitably make things worse. Same for scalp massages etc.

However the idea of calcification and fibrosis, party due to muscle tension and hence skin stretching around the galea (which can be directly related to galea shape) follows an almost identical pattern as male pattern baldness, and creates fibrosis and hence is an ideal environment for DHT, has been proven time and time again be a factor relating to hairloss. Like the study I posted above. It even fits in with other factors such as hormonal/DHT, and explains why taking anti DHT meds help.

It's not a counter arguement to why we develop male pattern baldness through AA, it's just one part of the same theory.
This theory looks if like a neanderthal looking at the sun and saying "it gives warmth". That is, it is too obvious and based solely on observation and straightforward logic. No one says that all the fault lies with DHT, this is the whole problem, there are many more factors.

What would you understand, when transplanting hair from a balding head into a "no tension" zone, the hair dies. But with hair transplantation in an area where there is immunodeficiency, the hair grows.

Even if we assume that in the balding part of the head, the immune system is too active due to "inflammation", in this case, if hair is transplanted into a place without "tension and inflammation", it must would continue to grow without problems, but this does not happen, it is also dies. Now we take the theory that the hair is transplanted along with the cells and adipose tissue and therefore it dies. If this were the case, the hair would have the same texture as the area from which it was transplanted. That is, if it is hair from the chest, it would be exactly the same as on the chest, and would not change according to the environment.

If we consider the theory from the point of view of the "enhancing factor" of baldness, then I think we could discuss this, but the author positions it as the cause, which is fundamentally wrong, it is not even part of the mechanism.

Our whole body is covered with hair, but not all of them become terminal, this mechanism of miniaturization occurs everywhere, regardless of the "pull". We can also take women and see how they react to DHT. They will most likely have hersutism, grow mustaches and beards, body hair, which indicates that the hair is subject to the hormone and the place of their growth is due to the same hormones. It has also been practically proven that the follicle does not die and grows full-fledged even after 10-20 years, if it is given all the conditions for this, which contradicts "fibrosis".

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I shoot someone and he develops a big hole in his chest and dies. Someone comes and says his death caused the hole in the chest and attracted my bullets to his chest from my gun. That’s what this muscle tension theory is ie utter stupidity.

DHT kills hair follicles > fibrosis/calcification > scalp tension = reduced bludflow

Goes like this >>>>
Not like this <<<<

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This theory looks if like a neanderthal looking at the sun and saying "it gives warmth". That is, it is too obvious and based solely on observation and straightforward logic. No one says that all the fault lies with DHT, this is the whole problem, there are many more factors.

What would you understand, when transplanting hair from a balding head into a "no tension" zone, the hair dies. But with hair transplantation in an area where there is immunodeficiency, the hair grows.

Even if we assume that in the balding part of the head, the immune system is too active due to "inflammation", in this case, if hair is transplanted into a place without "tension and inflammation", it must would continue to grow without problems, but this does not happen, it is also dies. Now we take the theory that the hair is transplanted along with the cells and adipose tissue and therefore it dies. If this were the case, the hair would have the same texture as the area from which it was transplanted. That is, if it is hair from the chest, it would be exactly the same as on the chest, and would not change according to the environment.

If we consider the theory from the point of view of the "enhancing factor" of baldness, then I think we could discuss this, but the author positions it as the cause, which is fundamentally wrong, it is not even part of the mechanism.

Our whole body is covered with hair, but not all of them become terminal, this mechanism of miniaturization occurs everywhere, regardless of the "pull". We can also take women and see how they react to DHT. They will most likely have hersutism, grow mustaches and beards, body hair, which indicates that the hair is subject to the hormone and the place of their growth is due to the same hormones. It has also been practically proven that the follicle does not die and grows full-fledged even after 10-20 years, if it is given all the conditions for this, which contradicts "fibrosis".
There are literally thousands of papers and studies on fibrosis. Why is it such a swear word on these forums?

There are also hundreds of emerging cases of transplanted hair minuturizing 15-20 years after surgery.

Go poke a bald man's scalp then a guy with full head of hair.

One is like a table top, the other is not, please don't tell this has no effect on growth or DHT.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are literally thousands of papers and studies on fibrosis. Why is it such a swear word on these forums?

There are also hundreds of emerging cases of transplanted hair minuturizing 15-20 years after surgery.

Go poke a bald man's scalp then a guy with full head of hair.

One is like a table top, the other is not, please don't tell this has no effect on growth or DHT.
Yes, there are millions of studies, including from British scientists, who study all sorts of useless game. I would believe these studies if there weren't real examples that we've all seen of hair growing back in areas where it hasn't been for 15-20 years. I will not believe the paper if it contradicts what I see in practice.

I've seen such scary people who look like they were born from a dog addict who was fucked by an octopus and this sperm cell lost half of its functions while making its way to the uterus, through the barrier from birth control pills. And these people were with lush hair. My galea is sleek, short and small, but I'm going bald. I also have the correct facial features, nose, eye placement, etc, what other examples are needed?

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie It's a bullshit that women bald in ludwig pattern only and the galea has nothing to do with this . A bad galea develops during babyhood. In ludwig pattern bald those women whose tension is equally distributed on the galea. I've seen multiple women who have receded temples and crown thinning only and not diffuse all over. It's a matter of a person regardless of their gender. Some people are susceptible to the norwood pattern and some aren't. Those who are have receded hairline since childhood or their hairline slighlty recedes by their late teens or early twenties. For princess Anne is one those people. She has a receded hairline since childhood which worsened during adulthood.

-palace-in-the-irish-picture-id3228468?s=2048x2048.jpg

sit-to-new-zealand-picture-id600928557?s=2048x2048.jpg

That's how her hairline looked at age 20

At age 45

the-grosvenor-house-picture-id52098831?s=2048x2048.jpg

-boston-where-her-picture-id1234216820?s=2048x2048.jpg

Age 55
lete-daley-thompson-picture-id94834396?s=2048x2048.jpg

ourth-day-of-the-at-picture-id52446763?s=2048x2048.jpg

Age 65

arbrough-stakes-at-picture-id487382648?s=2048x2048.jpg
enary-celebrations-picture-id476067970?s=2048x2048.jpg

ons-match-between-picture-id1205967977?s=2048x2048.jpg

e-queen-elizabeth-picture-id1201764708?s=2048x2048.jpg

You can notice that she has a bad galea and I am sure that she was a men she would be completely bald because she has poor face shape. You can notice her incredibly convex and narrow jawline that creates a flat face.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, there are millions of studies, including from British scientists, who study all sorts of useless game. I would believe these studies if there weren't real examples that we've all seen of hair growing back in areas where it hasn't been for 15-20 years. I will not believe the paper if it contradicts what I see in practice.

I've seen such scary people who look like they were born from a dog addict who was fucked by an octopus and this sperm cell lost half of its functions while making its way to the uterus, through the barrier from birth control pills. And these people were with lush hair. My galea is sleek, short and small, but I'm going bald. I also have the correct facial features, nose, eye placement, etc, what other examples are needed?
I've never said the OP theory is correct, and I have said many times that the size and shape of galea/jawline is being well overblown.

This doesn't mean scalp tension doesn't play a role, imo this is more down to posture than what OP is suggesting.

Reducing DHT does help some of people, and I don't see what hair growing where it hasn't in years disproves about scalp tension aiding male pattern baldness.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it pure coincidence that the frontalis muscles of the forehead align with where hairlines receed?

In many cases the center of the hairline is left completely untouched by the balding process for a long time, as in my case, its where it was when I was 15.

Attachments

• frontalismuscle.jpg
    frontalismuscle.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 54

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it pure coincidence that the frontalis muscles of the forehead align with where hairlines receed?

In many cases the center of the hairline is left completely untouched by the balding process for a long time, as in my case, its where it was when I was 15.
Based on the theory, hair grows where there are muscles. Judging by the photo, baldness should occur from the center, and not from the temples. At the temples, the hair should remain for life.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shoot someone and he develops a big hole in his chest and dies. Someone comes and says his death caused the hole in the chest and attracted my bullets to his chest from my gun. That’s what this muscle tension theory is ie utter stupidity.

DHT kills hair follicles > fibrosis/calcification > scalp tension = reduced bludflow

Goes like this >>>>
Not like this <<<<
Facts.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Goes like this >>>>
Not like this <<<<

Thanks for finally confirming reduced bluudflow is partly a result of calcification and fibrosis, and no I'm not saying standing on your head to increase blood flow will help as it's clearly not going to get through to the follicles, so that's not the point.

Cause or effect is somewhat irrelevant when discussing a cure. I personally believe it's both. Calcification and fibrosis have been proven to develop independently from DHT, like they do all over the rest of the body. DHT then accelerates this. Catch 22.

I could start a thread on bad posture relating to hairloss and post thousands of pics like the OP but it's to obvious to bother. I've had bad posture most my life and hairloss, unirronically a Google search for male celebrities with bad posture brings up Justin Bieber and vin diesel as first results.

Like I said irrelevant when attempting to solve the problem, a problem partly brought on by poor posture, head forward and rounded shoulders causing muscle tension below the galea, hence inflammation (like calcification that develops elsewhere on joints etc). It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for finally confirming reduced bluudflow is partly a result of calcification and fibrosis, and no I'm not saying standing on your head to increase blood flow will help as it's clearly not going to get through to the follicles, so that's not the point.

Cause or effect is somewhat irrelevant when discussing a cure. I personally believe it's both. Calcification and fibrosis have been proven to develop independently from DHT, like they do all over the rest of the body. DHT then accelerates this. Catch 22.

I could start a thread on bad posture relating to hairloss and post thousands of pics like the OP but it's to obvious to bother. I've had bad posture most my life and hairloss, unirronically a Google search for male celebrities with bad posture brings up Justin Bieber and vin diesel as first results.

Like I said irrelevant when attempting to solve the problem, a problem partly brought on by poor posture, head forward and rounded shoulders causing muscle tension below the galea, hence inflammation (like calcification that develops elsewhere on joints etc). It's not rocket science.

I don’t think you understood. Reduced blood flow to the hair follicles NOT the head or even the area around hair follicles.

HF starve due to DHT and other pathways. When the HF gets into catagen phase and the stem cells deactivated/died off, there’s no reason for blood flow.

Head is literally the most vascular part of the body and so this tension theory is just BS so is the bludflow theory. Because if this tension caused reduced blood flow then you would get brain damage and other malignancies. Brain is the most important organ of the body.

I don’t know why you keep trying to justify this BS one way or another. Our knowledge of hairloss is increasing day by day, and it has absolutely nada to do with anatomy.

In fact, the skeletal structure has absolutely nada to do with most pathologies except perhaps height and bone growth. That’s it.

It’s just absurd that there would be muscle tension that’s suffocating hair follicles, all bald people would get migraines then

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think you understood. Reduced blood flow to the hair follicles NOT the head or even the area around hair follicles.

HF starve due to DHT and other pathways. When the HF gets into catagen phase and the stem cells deactivated/died off, there’s no reason for blood flow.

Head is literally the most vascular part of the body and so this tension theory is just BS so is the bludflow theory. Because if this tension caused reduced blood flow then you would get brain damage and other malignancies. Brain is the most important organ of the body.

I don’t know why you keep trying to justify this BS one way or another. Our knowledge of hairloss is increasing day by day, and it has absolutely nada to do with anatomy.

In fact, the skeletal structure has absolutely nada to do with most pathologies except perhaps height and bone growth. That’s it.

It’s just absurd that there would be muscle tension that’s suffocating hair follicles, all bald people would get migraines then
Let's agree to disagree. As much as I agree with blood flow starving follicles, this is not purely down to DHT/androgens or someone's predefined hormone makeup. Although I accept lowering DHT with meds is a part solution for some people.

Inflammation proceeds calcification in joints and arteries, so even if your correct - if someone lowers DHT through meds and takes minoxidil, dermarolls or whatever they should also fix their posture and reduce neck tension. It's not anywhere close to an exact science but rather than the OPs theory, just casually monitor peoples posture and I guarantee over a period of time the majority of bald/thining heads you see will be people with forward shoulders and protruded head. In my friends and family alone it's so obvious, and I see it in other people everyday.

Im definitely not attempting to justify the expanded galea and jawline theory.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's agree to disagree. As much as I agree with blood flow starving follicles, this is not purely down to DHT/androgens or someone's predefined hormone makeup. Although I accept lowering DHT with meds is a part solution for some people.

Inflammation proceeds calcification in joints and arteries, so even if your correct - if someone lowers DHT through meds and takes minoxidil, dermarolls or whatever they should also fix their posture and reduce neck tension. It's not anywhere close to an exact science but rather than the OPs theory, just casually monitor peoples posture and I guarantee over a period of time the majority of bald/thining heads you see will be people with forward shoulders and protruded head. In my friends and family alone it's so obvious, and I see it in other people everyday.

Im definitely not attempting to justify the expanded galea and jawline theory

Again

the overall prevalence of incorrect posture in children and adolescents was 65.3%, and around 3.7% of the students were referred to radiography.

A large population has bad posture, if you try to find some causation, you will. That’s just called bias. Like the OP finding bald men with ugly skulls and trying to justify his theory ignoring the evidence to the contrary.