The Real Cause Of Hairloss ? Dht Still Bad. Its Not What You Think.

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting and logically supported... just not scientifically supported. There still needs to be studies but the logic i think warrants it. I also believe head shape has something to do with it. Not sure if youve noticed but balding people tend to have wider top of their heads. like wider from the eyes up. i believe this may stretch the skin and compress down down blood vessels (or brown fat) and cause them to atrophy and disappear from the constant pressure. It also makes sense that brown fat would cause hair growth in the sense that brown fat is used as a thermoregulator. You'd expect people who live in colder climates to have more brown fat and more body hair. You'd also expect them to have more brown fat on their scalp and thus more hair on their scalp (following your logic) as this would protect against harsh cold and heat loss from the scalp. Do cold showers actually have evidence to support brown fat production? Ive heard that they have benefits to hairloss but that might have been debunked. If not the two would support each other. More brown fat from cold showers =less hair loss

Well, I know it's a different issue, but people have been using "cold caps" to reduce/prevent hairloss during cancer treatments.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fat transfer is a growing service provided to men with male pattern baldness. I have been looking for a derm who is able to perform PRP plus fat transfer to the scalp. I will find some trials on fat transfer to scalp and their success and post.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women have significantly higher bodyfat % than men. You may be on to something Sherlock. Perhaps why men hit brickwall in hair regrowth.

Attachments

• 81EE814E-0BEC-4108-AFE3-FD275BF4DA66.jpeg
    81EE814E-0BEC-4108-AFE3-FD275BF4DA66.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 196

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like they just use a syringe...

Attachments

• 9E6D5E30-A6F9-4C43-9A62-2732B2F4BF10.jpeg
    9E6D5E30-A6F9-4C43-9A62-2732B2F4BF10.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 155

PuzzleheadedNote3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have this theory that dht is only bad for male pattern baldness prone men due to it effect on fat more specifically healthy fat.

If you look at forums many men report continued thinning even on dutestride and propecia. I dont even think dht binds to the hair.

Dht burns BAT. Brown fat which is a good fat compared to white fat.

Brown fat % in women is twice the amount compares to men. Brown fat is subcutaneous fat.

Men with male pattern baldness have thinner skinned scalp. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15481540

Brown fat is apart of thermoregulation. Almost every single thing that promotes brown fat happens to also have tons of studies that show it promotes hair growth. Even cold showers which promote brown fat.

Even fat injections to the scalp cause hair to grow.

It gets even more interesting brown fat is brown due to its iron content. Excellent for hair. And also one of the largest factors that contributes to hair-loss in anemic individuals.

I believe hair follicles have their own independent growth mechanism that aren’t significantly influenced by serum content. Like i believe hair gets all its nutrients from the skin and not from blood capillaries.

The blood needs to supply the skin.

People on finasteride get more rounder fuller faces

Here are two twins.

One on propecia the other not. One on propecia even has less wrinkles under his eye and his face is fuller. The other guy seems to be missing fullness to half his face. Its our sensitivity to dhts fat burning properties that dictate our hair growth.

That is why as u get older even on hardcore dht inhibitors fat in the scalp starts to deteriorate and u still thin because with age we los much of the fullness in our faces our skin thins out due to the thin layer of fat loss and collagen loss.

Dht derivaties like anavar a steroid is famous for its amazing fat burning properties I mean you could eat tons of burgers and pizza and still get shredded on that steroid. So its no wonder all these natural things like peppermint, castor oil etc cant save us. Because the hormone influence is immensely powerful so many natural remedies don’t have long half-lives and have weak binding affinities

Scalp fat sensitity imo is the root problem.

Any counters? Or contributions are welcome
Mmm if that were true then youd expect to see people in colder climates have a lower degree of hair loss. Especially for people in alaska for example since these.people are known genetically.to have a higher brown far content also brown fat is naturally accumulated in colder climates.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The skin on the side of my head feels thinner than the skin on the top. By this theory I should be bald on the side and not on the top. Also everyone should go fully bald when they reach old age, both men and women since their skin is much thinner than a bald 20 year old

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP, brown fat, stem cells, botox..it seems like injecting crap into our scalp increases hair growth. Topicals aren't enough, we need to start injecting sh*t.