Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heres what I am going to be trying

Darolutamide: ~5mg/ml
RU558841: 50mg/ml
Finasteride: ~0.1mg/ml
Estradiol: ~0.1mg/ml

Now if anyone wonders why my dosages for certain compounds are so low you have to understand that alot of what is applied topical will go systemic. The advantage of topicals is that you can get concentrations locally of these drugs in your scalp with micro dosages that would take very large oral dosages to achieve. So the aim when using topicals is to use a dose that would have little to no systemic effect when taken orally, so that you can get a high dose in your scalp but a very low dose for your body. Also the less active derivatives and the shorter systemic half life a drug has, the better.

For those of you who had seen my Bicalutamide log, I will give my conclusion of topical bicalutamide here. It's very effective. However, due to its 6 day half life it builds up very high systemically even with small topical dosages. So I have dropped it because it was causing me to get gyno which when I combatted with Anti-estrogens made my hairloss even worse (more on this below). If anyone is doing an aggressive oral regiment and does not care about gyno I would 100% recommend adding topical bicalutamide to your regiment as I have never felt anything that effective for hairloss in my life. I was getting regrowth in my temples within a couple weeks of using it and it completely anialated my scalp itch and shedding. Im not about that gyno life tho so unfortunately, I've had to move on.

Purpose of each compound explained
Darolutamide: To prevent testosterone (and some DHT) binding to the follicle AR. Hopefully, it will also degrade the scalp ARs somewhat which would slow down the rate of my hairloss. I am not counting on it tho

RU558841: Garbade compound, been using it for ~2 weeks now and is hardly doing anything as I am still itching all over my scalp and losing hairs. Has a very short systemic half-life tho and others have had success with it apparently so why not throw it in there. Anything it gives me is a bonus

Finasteride: Two purposes, to prevent testosterone from converting into DHT which may overpower Daro, but also to prevent the 5ar enzyme of converting the topical estradiol into testosterone

Estradiol: It was made perfectly clear to me when I took 25mg of Aromasin. for three days in a row, how important estrogen is for hair. For about 2-4 days after this, I was shedding like no tomorrow. I always knew it was a key factor, but I had no idea that low estrogen can make you shed more than high DHT. Its very clear when you look at some of the MTF logs in the success section how effective estradiol is for women. Typically its dosed at around 2-4mg per day for MTF and HRT but this study showed that 50-100 micrograms of topical estradiol per day was effective at alleviating vaginal atrophy while at the same time not raising serum estradiol levels. So, I thought it would be worth a try

I do have Aromasin and Nolvadex on hand in case I start to get gyno I can stop/lower the dosages of this protocol, and use those drugs to prevent gyno.
UPDATE: decided to drop RU as it was causing me heart problems.

Will be using Daro, finasteride, and estradiol. Should be fine since Daro is so much stronger anyway

IMPORTANT
Hers how Daro compares with DHT and Testosterone for strength

ORM-15341: (Ki) of 8 nM and an IC50 of 38 nM
Darolutamide: (Ki) of 11 nM and an IC50 of 26 nM
DHT: (Kd) of 0.25 to 0.5 nM and an EC50 for activation of the AR is 0.13 nM
Testosterone: Kd = 0.4 to 1.0 nM and an EC50 of 0.66 nM
^explanation of the above
unfortunately there have been no SARMs developed yet that are able to bind to the AR with the power anywhere near of even just testosterone let alone DHT. This is why we have to play a hoping game when it comes to hairloss, because nothing can bind to the AR with the power anywhere near DHT, we always need to have higher levels of the anti-androgen in order to stand a chance.

This is why I believe those of you using weaker compounds stand no chance for regrowth, everyone always says "oh anti-androgens are not enough for regrowth, you need estrogen etc etc..." Well I believe thata major reason for that fact is that we dont have a drug anywhere near as strong as needed. Hopefully, in the future, they will be able to figure it out, for women there has been a drug for year now (Raloxifene) which binds to the ER at a much much stronger affinity than estradiol.

Well anyways, this is why I believe that for now we also need to rely on estradiol if you are someone with extremely aggressive androgenic alopecia. Estradiol binds very strongly to the ER and I have no research to comfirm this but I do believe that the ER and the AR of the hair follicle cells cant be activated at the same time (Im not sure). This would explain the regrowth that becomes possible with estradiol because it would be shutting down AR expression (if my theory is correct).

Cliffs:
If your male pattern baldness is aggressive you have no shot with Ru or similarly weak anti-androgens because they bind so much weaker to the AR the testosterone

My hair loss:
very aggressive finasteride/dutasteride resistant hair loss. NW7 diffuse pattern, sides of head have thinned significantly also. The only part that is simar density to pre male pattern baldness is the middle of the back of my head. The rest is all significantly thinner, I used to have insanely thick hair. The left side of top has receded and thinned faster than the right, my hairline has moved up about 1cm.

Current Status Pre Regiment
July 26, 2018- https://imgur.com/a/COt5gAn Fist Day of Daro

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its a good regimen to prevent hair loss but not for regrowth in my opinion. I would add minoxidil and antiinflammatory compounds like keto2% and steroids..

iamme

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are worried about gyno, why not use anti-gyno spray with dsmo. I plan on using magnesium oil with dsmo for calcification, anti inflammation and fibrosis. I have been using topical bicalutamide mixed in minoxidil (just crushed pills mixed in 5% minoxidil liquid) and have amazing results, however I can't tolerate minoxidil much. I can only use 0.5ml or less per day, I guess it's because of ppg.

Do you think it will be a good idea to mix loniten pills in dsmo? Tbh, i think topical finasteride is useless. By the time hormone reaches the scalp its already converted in dht.

el_duterino

Reaction score
why not just finasteride ?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much is 0,1 of estradiol? Applying one time per day on the scalp must be higher than that

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Now if anyone wonders why my dosages for certain compounds are so low you have to understand that alot of what is applied topical will go systemic. The advantage of topicals is that you can get concentrations locally of these drugs in your scalp with micro dosages that would take very large oral dosages to achieve. So the aim when using topicals is to use a dose that would have little to no systemic effect when taken orally, so that you can get a high dose in your scalp but a very low dose for your body. Also the less active derivatives and the shorter systemic half life a drug has, the better.

For those of you who had seen my Bicalutamide log, I will give my conclusion of topical bicalutamide here. It's very effective. However, due to its 6 day half life it builds up very high systemically even with small topical dosages. So I have dropped it because it was causing me to get gyno which when I combatted with Anti-estrogens made my hairloss even worse (more on this below). If anyone is doing an aggressive oral regiment and does not care about gyno I would 100% recommend adding topical bicalutamide to your regiment as I have never felt anything that effective for hairloss in my life. I was getting regrowth in my temples within a couple weeks of using it and it completely anialated my scalp itch and shedding. Im not about that gyno life tho so unfortunately, I've had to move on.

Darolutamide: To prevent testosterone (and some DHT) binding to the follicle AR. Hopefully, it will also degrade the scalp ARs somewhat which would slow down the rate of my hairloss. I am not counting on it tho

RU558841: Garbade compound, been using it for ~2 weeks now and is hardly doing anything as I am still itching all over my scalp and losing hairs. Has a very short systemic half-life tho and others have had success with it apparently so why not throw it in there. Anything it gives me is a bonus

Finasteride: Two purposes, to prevent testosterone from converting into DHT which may overpower Daro, but also to prevent the 5ar enzyme of converting the topical estradiol into testosterone

Estradiol: It was made perfectly clear to me when I took 25mg of Aromasin. for three days in a row, how important estrogen is for hair. For about 2-4 days after this, I was shedding like no tomorrow. I always knew it was a key factor, but I had no idea that low estrogen can make you shed more than high DHT. Its very clear when you look at some of the MTF logs in the success section how effective estradiol is for women. Typically its dosed at around 2-4mg per day for MTF and HRT but this study showed that 50-100 micrograms of topical estradiol per day was effective at alleviating vaginal atrophy while at the same time not raising serum estradiol levels. So, I thought it would be worth a try

I do have Aromasin and Nolvadex on hand in case I start to get gyno I can stop/lower the dosages of this protocol, and use those drugs to prevent gyno.

If anyone wants to try this protocol along with me I'd be more than hapy to give you my sources for these drugs as I'd love to be able to have a partner in crime. In any case tho I will update this thread until its determined that its working/not

The dosages may change as I'm trying to get no noticeable systemic side effects. Once my Daro and estradiol arrive, I will make an update

Where do you purchase the topical estradial?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah you're gonna mix it all...Well, i'm gonna give it some time on dutasteride alone; if things start to get worse i will try to add topical estradiol. Good luck.

inmyhead

Reaction score

If anyone wants to try this protocol along with me I'd be more than hapy to give you my sources for these drugs as I'd love to be able to have a partner in crime. In any case tho I will update this thread until its determined that its working/not

The dosages may change as I'm trying to get no noticeable systemic side effects. Once my Daro and estradiol arrive, I will make an update

Dude, it's a different kind of estradiol. You will get systemical sides with usual one.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why not propecia? Bad sides or didn’t work?

Any updates on daro and your itch?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not propecia? Bad sides or didn’t work?

Any updates on daro and your itch?

why would I bother with this if finasteride worked? As a matter of fact I cant believe there are people on here who need advice for finasteride. I wish this forum was filled only with people like me who did not respond to finasteride/dustasteride

I still havent recieved Daro or the estradiol yet. Also my finasteride was unpure so I might just crush the pills and get the active ingredient that way

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
why would I bother with this if finasteride worked? As a matter of fact I cant believe there are people on here who need advice for finasteride. I wish this forum was filled only with people like me who did not respond to finasteride/dustasteride

I still havent recieved Daro or the estradiol yet. Also my finasteride was unpure so I might just crush the pills and get the active ingredient that way

Are you going to do your same windtrol test with this topical combo?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
25 mg of aromasin 3 days in a row was not a wise choice bro !
25 mg once a week is the standard dose for trt dosage . And moreover aromasin is a steroidal AI , it has the same property as DHT ( to a small extent ) . Arimidex might be a wiser choice

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aromasin. for three days in a row, how important estrogen is for hair. For about 2-4 days after this, I was shedding like no tomorrow
That may have just been the Aromasin itself. Aromasin is very androgenic itself. Aromasin's primary metabolite binds to AR at 30x the affinity of DHT. And of course Dutasteride does nothing to prevent this.

Edit: See below for explanation of 30x DHT damage.

Last edited:

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That may have just been the Aromasin itself. Aromasin is very androgenic itself. Aromasin's primary metabolite binds to AR at 30x the affinity of DHT. And of course Dutasteride does nothing to prevent this.

what is your source on this. Theres absolutely zero way that is true. Do you know how insanely difficult it is to create molecule that bind to the androgen receptor even 2x as strong as DHT?

Basically, thats absolutely massive news if true. Please show me a source

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is your source on this. Theres absolutely zero way that is true. Do you know how insanely difficult it is to create molecule that bind to the androgen receptor even 2x as strong as DHT?

Basically, thats absolutely massive news if true. Please show me a source
I typed it wrong regarding the binding affinity, I meant that it has a similar binding affinity to DHT, but has 30x the presence/potential impact.

It's slightly indirect, but one study looked at 17-hydroexemestane's AR affinity, compared to R1881
https://web.archive.org/web/20100609030945/http://screening.health.unm.edu/pdfs/Ariazi_MCT_2007.pdf

It was found to have 1/3 the affinity of R1881

R1881's AR affinity has been measured relative to DHT as well
https://www.epa.gov/sites/productio...inal_890.1150_ar_bindng_assay_sep_10.5.11.pdf

And R1881 is about 1.5x as potent as DHT. So 17-HE is within striking distance to DHT in terms of binding on AR receptors(probably about 2/3 as strong).

About 10% of Aromasin breaks down to 17-HE, which may not sound like a lot, but 10% of 25mg is 2.5mg of 17-HE (2.5 million nanograms). Most men have DHT about 80ng/dl of blood(and about 40,000 nanograms in the entire body). So we're talking about 50x as much 17-HE in the body from a single dose of Aromasin as there is DHT in the entire body. And it's about 2/3 as strong a binder as DHT. Making it about 30x.

I'm not actually saying it does 30x the damage(it would bald you overnight if so). But that it has massive potential for hair loss. Exactly how it relates to hair loss is unstudied, but it's clearly something anyone with male pattern baldness should avoid.

Last edited: