The Laser Comb / Laser Comb Results

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"results were statistically significant!!!!!" ...why didn't they give numbers? what is their definition of statistically significant?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont know but i hope what they are saying is true!. . . we should know soon enough because i think studies will be done by the end of spring?? i dont know for sure but its definitly going to be done sometime this year. . cant wait

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using revivogen for 6 months with little or no results. Then 3 weeks ago I started using LC and 2 days later added in folligen. After the first day on LC, my hair got darker and noticeable thicker.

You could start to see my scalp peaking through my widow's peak in bright light. Now you can't hardly tell anymore. Doesn't look like there are more hairs, but the hairs I do have are thicker and darker.

I noticed some peach fuzz starting to form at my slick temples. After using LC the first time I noticed a single black hair (my hair is blonde) sprout up just in front of my hairline. It grew about 1 inch over night and hasn't grown since ;).

My hair in general seems to grow faster and also some of the miniaturizing hairs at my hairline seem to be getting a little bit longer.

I use LC bout 3x a week. I use it every other day and randomly go 2 days in between.

I think i'm going to ease off the revivogen a little. Might keep using it every day for a little while longer and then use it every other day or so and see if my hair doesn't get any worse.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
follijinxed said:
I noticed some peach fuzz starting to form at my slick temples. After using LC the first time I noticed a single black hair (my hair is blonde) sprout up just in front of my hairline. It grew about 1 inch over night and hasn't grown since ;).

uhh yea hair doesnt grow even close to 1 inch in one day.

grreg

Reaction score
thanks for posting this thread....i am still weighing whether I will buy a laser Comb or not
I like the fact that at least people are in agreement (well ,mostly) that it tends to improve the veneer of thickness to their hair. Even if the effect doesn't last in all cases...I'd be really annoyed about paying 650 for something that was akin to static electricity effect though...
I'm still trying to decide....
I've been on Propecia for almost 6 years now, and just started using Rogaine 5% 1 x day again...I had stopped use a long time ago mostly because it had made my hair really oily looking, and thus more thin looking. Now I swab it on the areas that need the most help, I won't dropper it or spray it on. I will attest that the treatment (propecia/rogaine) worked for the crowning bald spot I was just starting to get, and I really don't have one now, but it was starting to look thin again just recently so....
I guess at this point ,after I had a hair transplant, I would be happy if this comb would help heal the scarring that comes with the operation. At the moment I have to apply Dermablend over the scars and it's kinda not a great feeling even though my hairline is never really exposed with my hairstyle.
Kinda wish I hadn't gotten the operartion now in fact cause I feel like I'm stuck with what I did for the rest of my life. Unless I choose to electrolysize them all I suppose. Anyhow, not to ramble on, I wondered if anyone else had any scalp scarring and if this comb worked for them in that capacity. Thanks

G

fallout boy said:
follijinxed said:

I agree. Your hair may have appaered thicker and darker but after one go on the LC your not going to see any change in your overnight.

Without being rude, I think you should do a little research and reading on hair and how it grows, phases, cycles and how treatments are meant to work.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though I did notice a bit of a change in the texture of my vellus hair in the crown area after about a month of use, the natural hair growth cycle should be considered with any hairloss treatment.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy, this has been and continues to be my experience with the LC. But I am not saying that the LC regrows hair that has since become dormant.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't think LC is helping me yet. At least not on any level beyond a temporary cosmetic "fullness" I get after using it. My scalp isnt healthy; it isnt clean. Sometimes I go through phases when I dont think it's that bad, but the truth is my scalp has always had its ups and downs. I don't think the LC is helping it very much. There's an update.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallicule, I'm sure that you've posted this somewhere else but how long have you been using the LC? Why do you state that your scalp isn't healthy or clean? How often are you using the LC and do you take your time in using it?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I think my profile (although I cant read it as I'm typing this) says I started somewhere in late February. Whatever that date is on my profile is when I started. I started off using it 4X a week (I did that for about two weeks) then realized I was overdoing it and now I use it 2X a week after reading a post you posted saying to do so. Yes, I take my time, or at least I think I do. It takes me a solid 15 mins to do my whole scalp. I state my scalp is unhealthy and unclean because of the flaking and... as of the past few days... scalp pain. Obviously LC didnt cause my scalp pain. My scalp condition was supposed to improve over a month or so and, although it helps alot of people, it doesnt seem to be helping my scalp.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this...

The Lasercomb consists of brushing your hair with it for 15-20 minutes a day right?

Has anyone thought about whether the combing itself could be having some beneficial effect on the hair follicles?

I know it sounds silly/stupid, but I don't see why shining a light on your hair would have an effect either. If anything, moving your hair around and causing some movement at the root/circulation would be more likely to have some beneficial effect.

Anyway, just thought of this so thought I would share, regardless of how stupid it sounds ;-)

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your brushing it at a very slow rate though arent you? moving the comb every 4 seconds ?? i doubht that that the reason if it even works. Dont people say that their hair is thicker and fuller cosmeticly after using the LC?? if the light can do that.. than maybe it can somehow be good in other way sfor the hair??

but i post on that damn Hairmax forum and it takes them forever to post what i send them! and im not getting a straight answer either in my posts. They wont even give me a link to a study or anything to see some results on paper

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah those people on that hairmax forum are a bunch of dueshbags. I don't get the science behind the LC and why my hair looks thicker after using it. Alls I know is my scalp still itches and it hasnt helped in that regard. My hairloss is doing alright but i'm also on finasteride so i can't really credit LC with that.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i just cant wait for the FDA trials to be over with .. if they ever will be. But seriously that would solve all of this controversy

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
follijinxed said:

Well, I'll try to get some pics up after a while. I am maintaining well. I dunno bout that one hair, probably it just got darker and I didn't notice it before. People keep commenting on how much darker my hair is now.

Though I will say that I do have a hair on my chest that I pluck every now and then and it grows over an inch over night. Goes from nothing to super long. Call it what you want. Just telling you my experience. My hair certainly looks better than it did.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
glad you are having success. are you taking any pictures to document your progress?? if youre not i suggest you start if you have a camera..and keep us updated with your results!