The Laser Comb / Laser Comb Results

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is subjective, but after 2 uses my consitant everyday horrible scalp itch hasn't reared its ugly head since I started using this contraption 5 days ago. Its either my hormones are in flux or the LC is soothing my scalp. Time will tell. I will keep things posted.

viperfish

Reaction score
stabone1979 said:
Maybe it is subjective, but after 2 uses my consitant everyday horrible scalp itch hasn't reared its ugly head since I started using this contraption 5 days ago. Its either my hormones are in flux or the LC is soothing my scalp. Time will tell. I will keep things posted.

Good to hear man! I think it will help your hair grow faster also! I know mine grows like a weed now.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
stabone1979 said:

Good to hear man! I think it will help your hair grow faster also! I know mine grows like a weed now.
You know, my hair has also been growing faster. I never thought that the LC might have anything to do with that.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you tell if your hair is growing faster, just eyeball it up?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can tell by how often I have to get it cut. I don't measure it, if that's what you mean. <g>

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOW guys! I never really noticed that but now I'd have to say that you're right about LLLT speeding up growth. I used to see the barber once every three to four months now it's a two month need:) One thing also that I've noticed is that I consistently have been using LLLT on the nap of my neck and it grows very quickly.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Viperfish, do you have male pattern baldness pattern loss, b/c I can't believe that the LC itself works so well for you, you said you are using it alone?

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes, I am using it alone. However, I will be adding in Adenogen when it becomes available the 21st of March. I have tried everything with zero success, up until I began using the comb 3.5 months ago. It really has worked well for me. I have trouble understanding why people don't think it really works. Oh well! I have tried revivogen, spironolactone, minoxidil, propecia, and on and on and on. To be fair however, I only used finasteride for 3 months and stopped using it, due to side effects. So I can't comment on how well that would have worked for me.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I will have to a search adenogen, what is the scientific data or studies behind it.?
In the mean time, I wonder if I can get the Lasercomb past airport security since I'm heading down to Florida for a week. If they whip it out of my bag I will have to tell them what it is for. I don't want to miss my flight b/c of a hair product dammit.

viperfish

Reaction score
stabone1979 said:
I will have to a search adenogen, what is the scientific data or studies behind it.?
In the mean time, I wonder if I can get the Lasercomb past airport security since I'm heading down to Florida for a week. If they whip it out of my bag I will have to tell them what it is for. I don't want to miss my flight b/c of a hair product dammit.

I went to Colorado for a week, about 2 weeks ago. I left it home because I did not want to have problems with security. I also did not wanna put it in my luggage because I was afraid it might be broken. It sucks man!

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Viperfish --

What's up man, i'm glad to hear LC is working so well for you. How many days a week are you using it? 2-3-4? I'm currently using it every other day, I should probably cut back a little bit though.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd go for the laser comb or any magical treatment if it did work.. but for now i'm going to stick with the basic regimine finasteride + nizoral + t-gel.. hopefully sticking to it for a year will give me results :p

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
short update:

Well my scalp feels really really awesome lately but there could be outside factors contributing to this (the weather has been alot warmer around 50-60 degrees, and i've been washing my hair with cold water, not hot which I had done previously). After using the LC, as i've seen other posters report, my hair feels ALOT thicker and alot more healthy.
That's probably just cosmetic though.

I dont think my hair is growing any faster yet, as i've seen other people report.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: Scalp felt itchy for 1 day, but otherwise 13 of the last 14 days its feels great.from starting the LC

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Stabone - How often do you use it? 2 days a week, 3, or 4?

The product literature that comes with LC says to use it 3 times a week, the video they give you says to use twice a week, then an independent study that showed great LC results using the device 4 times a week (http://www.hairlosstalk.com/download/La ... eport1.pdf). And all that is topped off with the claim that it will be less effective if used too often.

I like using it alot because it makes my hair feel plump and thick after I use it, I suspect this affect is purely cosmetic. But I hesitate to use it too much because I dont want my scalp to grow "too used to" the treatment.

So i'm just trying to get a feel for how often users who are experiencing good results use LC.

Thanks.

viperfish

Reaction score
Like I said before I do it 3x per week. I would not use it more often than that. Also use it on a dry clean scalp. I love the way the comb is thickening my hair. It really makes a big difference for me. Keep posting your reviews here.

I noticed that within the first month or so my hair became fuller and the texture slightly changed for my hair. It was not until the 3rd month that I noticed it has helped thicken the hair. Does anyone else here notice after using the comb that their scalp feels really warm like it is heating up? I keep noticing this when I use it lately.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
3x per week period and consistancy is my friend. I just packed my LC for my Florida vacation and I'm hoping that tanning the balding temple will look better in the mean time. I'm sure Fort Lauderdale's Pure Platinum's exotic dancers won't notice in the dark, haha. Hair treatments sure are peaks and valleys alright. This exact time last year my left temple was practically gone and now its perfect, so now I'm paying dues on my right temple which sucks big time but talk to me in 3 months.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just reading around on hairlosshelp.com and the clinical trial progress of the LC... in the interview this was said

Clinical studies were performed under an FDA reviewed protocol at one of America’s leading research centers to qualify and quantify the efficacies of the LaserComb as a medical device for use in treating Alopecia (hair loss). Both male and female patients, with ages ranging from 26 to 76, were included in a six month evaluation period. Study subjects were required to have thinning hair in the scalp area and have active hair loss at the time of entrance into the study. Analysis was conducted at two locations on the scalp, in the temporal and vertex areas.

Before the use of the LaserComb began, each area was clipped and a high-resolution photograph of the location was made. These photographs were loaded into an imaging system that identified each hair shaft. After magnification, a standard hair count was carried out and the number was recorded for comparison later in the study. Following the initial marking and hair count, each patient was provided a HairMax LaserComb. They were instructed to use it twice a week for the prescribed time of approximately 10 minutes, covering the entire scalp twice with each treatment.

Each month, the patient would return to the clinic to have the study areas clipped, new photographs taken, and new hair counts recorded.

The clinical data we submitted was statically significant. These numbers are significantly better than any other product approved to date for hair regrowth.

Does mean they are claiming the Laser Comb is proven in studies to work even better than Rogaine??

viperfish

Reaction score
fallout boy said:
Just reading around on hairlosshelp.com and the clinical trial progress of the LC... in the interview this was said

Clinical studies were performed under an FDA reviewed protocol at one of America’s leading research centers to qualify and quantify the efficacies of the LaserComb as a medical device for use in treating Alopecia (hair loss). Both male and female patients, with ages ranging from 26 to 76, were included in a six month evaluation period. Study subjects were required to have thinning hair in the scalp area and have active hair loss at the time of entrance into the study. Analysis was conducted at two locations on the scalp, in the temporal and vertex areas.

Before the use of the LaserComb began, each area was clipped and a high-resolution photograph of the location was made. These photographs were loaded into an imaging system that identified each hair shaft. After magnification, a standard hair count was carried out and the number was recorded for comparison later in the study. Following the initial marking and hair count, each patient was provided a HairMax LaserComb. They were instructed to use it twice a week for the prescribed time of approximately 10 minutes, covering the entire scalp twice with each treatment.

Each month, the patient would return to the clinic to have the study areas clipped, new photographs taken, and new hair counts recorded.

The clinical data we submitted was statically significant. These numbers are significantly better than any other product approved to date for hair regrowth.

Does mean they are claiming the Laser Comb is proven in studies to work even better than Rogaine??

Yes! In other words they feel they have something better than propecia and minoxidil, the other two FDA approved products.