The Impact male pattern baldness had on me!

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This guy had good attitude.

At first i thought it was assignment zero lol

[youtube:2pycfnhb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YGl0CTgrg[/youtube:2pycfnhb]

[youtube:2pycfnhb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0i1L79yA0[/youtube:2pycfnhb]

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all..

That earlier message was me in a negative frame of mind.. I would just like to say that I dont feel like that all the time, its just now and then. Luckily I am mostly ok with it. Now and then I just bogged down and being a young male pattern baldness sufferer you may understand.

Its not so bad afterall. I just wish I could get to a state were it no longer bothered me. I just find it hard, especially in the sense that the male pattern baldness keeps changing, keeps receding. In its very nature, it is hard to pin it down and say thats that, move on. Its always morphing and transforming, and in that sense its hard to accept. Its almost like you have to accept everyday, a fresh.

I suppose I have become more humble and modest due to my male pattern baldness. Which in some ways is a good thing. However I do lack that confidence that I used to have. I never used to be over-confident, but I just used to be able to have that inner conviction. Right now I am regaining that inner faith and conviction. I guess the ideal is to meet a middle way, where one can get to a point and be modest/humble, which are two very good traits, especially in our vain society, but then also have an inner conviction and strength, which if one can get to, will be so benefical to others and ourselves.

I just thought today, my problems are really nothing. I have so much in this world, yet I am complaing about my hair. Let it be. I want to get to a stage where Im just happy to be human, to be living on this bizzare and mysterous world. Just breathing and smiling.

Thanks for reading.

FFS

Reaction score
Boondock said:
FFS, you are absolutely right. I have no business being here. I wish I would learn that by now. However, for some reason I just can't seem to leave this place

It's because it's so much fun!

FFS, I don't want to sound like a broken record but have you ever tried the buzz cut? If your head looks weird, then fair enough, but it may be worth a go and you may be surprised by the results.

It just sounds like you're not happy with your hair right now, and the prospects for regrowing a young hairline at this stage are quite low (unless you want a transplant).
By the way I have a buzz cut at the moment and with a buzz cut my hair looks even thinner and more see threw.... I'm thinking about maybe getting a hair transplant, the problem is I had the money for it about 2 years ago but spended it on education, which I kinda regret now.....

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You SPENDED it on education. I never learned that word before. I am starting to think I may have not received an education as good as you received. You seem to know more words than I was taught.......... :whistle:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
This guy had good attitude.

At first i thought it was assignment zero lol

[youtube:1ir79u11]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YGl0CTgrg[/youtube:1ir79u11]

[youtube:1ir79u11]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0i1L79yA0[/youtube:1ir79u11]

Is that Karl Childers from Sling Blade?

I really hope that guy is just doing that voice for fun...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there still people who talk like that in the US? For real? Anyway... the guy still had a fair amount of hair left.

cuebald

Reaction score
lol that guy is f*****g hilarious
he does accents it seems, his "halo nerd" one is pretty funny.

and yeah, he just looks like a NW1 diffuser to me

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
If you're good looking then going bald will not really affect you that badly. You'll only have problems attracting girls with an aversion for bald guys. Some girls just won't date bald guys, no matter how good looking they are.

The main problem is if you're average to begin with. Average bald guys have to compete with average hair guys, whereas good looking bald guys will beat the average hair guys.

Not true.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=69986

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
gascoigne said:
toocoolforhair said:
If you're good looking then going bald will not really affect you that badly. You'll only have problems attracting girls with an aversion for bald guys. Some girls just won't date bald guys, no matter how good looking they are.

The main problem is if you're average to begin with. Average bald guys have to compete with average hair guys, whereas good looking bald guys will beat the average hair guys.

Not true.

I can agree. Even if you are handsome to begin with baldness will take that away from you. Have you seen the pic of George Clooney bald? Only rare exceptions exist, which some of you cling to as the average, it is not.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
gascoigne said:
toocoolforhair said:

Not true.

I can agree. Even if you are handsome to begin with baldness will take that away from you. Have you seen the pic of George Clooney bald? Only rare exceptions exist, which some of you cling to as the average, it is not.

I didnt understand you so well, if you could explain it once more UCman.
I mean that guy i have cited is wrong (just look Clooney pic on my newest topic). This is how the proportion goes:

"Its nature, is simple: guy with hair and 5-6/10 face attributes IS LOT MORE ATTRACTIVE then 8-9/10 face att. bald guy."

Hair is (almost) MUST HAVE to be competitive.
Without a hair, its like man with only one leg trying to beat 100 m sprint.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know I know I know more than most will ever realize that without a frame even an otherwise handsome man will loose his proportions making him look weird. I know I know.

seb

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
uncomfortable man said:
I know I know I know more than most will ever realize that without a frame even an otherwise handsome man will loose his proportions making him look weird. I know I know.
very true

make 10x worse when you are young looking in the face AND have a big head :shakehead: (shaped like a f*cking lightbulb)

Wait until you go competely bald like me,then it SHINES like a lightbulb! :woot:

sylent

Established Member
Reaction score
The more I read UCmans posts, the more I feel like he's bitter because baldness took away his good looks. At least you're a decent looking bald guy, it could be a lot worse.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
sylent said:
The more I read UCmans posts, the more I feel like he's bitter because baldness took away his good looks. At least you're a decent looking bald guy, it could be a lot worse.

seb

Reaction score
Yes,the sight of a big,bright,bald head,shining like a becon,always invokes laughter out of people,Get used too it my friend....

seb

Reaction score
My only advice,for what its worth,is too not wear a hat,don't let the bast***s win!Although accepting baldness doesn't get better as you get older(in my case I have gotten worse),constantly wearing a hat is not the answer.

seb

Reaction score
Wearing a hat is hiding what you are...a balding man.It becomes a negative security blanket.What happens when you dont/cant wear a hat.
I know it is a hard pill too swallow,but you are somehow going too have too try and embrace it...for yourself,not for society.

seb

Reaction score
Then focus on that,and try and put the balding s**t at the back of your mind.I know,easier said than done...