The Impact male pattern baldness had on me!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Kaleb, I am not afraid to admit I am very much like CCS. I totally understand him. However, I don't come on here and ramble and ramble about some really " out there" topics. He is way more extreme than I am. Unlike him, I believe a guy who is considered "ugly" can still score a perfect ten. By the way, most intelligent people can "read between the lines" and tell the difference between what I write and what he writes. However lets not make this thread about me. This is about FFS. I just wanted to tell him one of my experiences to make a point.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im only joking. i know your not him. Though when you talk about women like 'today i was talking to two attractive women....'' you do sound a bit like him :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Most of the posts on this forum "sound" like CCS. This forum is nothing but bunch of single( with some exceptions) grown men believing losing their hair is going to end their career in finding the perfect woman to settle down with or date. Its nothing but a BDD forum in disguise. That is why I love this forum. I went to other BDD forums and this one is still my favorite.............. :whistle:

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate my ever-increasing f*****g bulbous forehead.

I hate my f*****g parents for having f*****g bald genes. I hate my dad for being a bald twat. I wonder why he's such a moody guy? Hairloss of course.

Hairloss is the curse of the white man. Not all will go bald, but many will. I am 20. Hairloss is ruining me.

All these motherfuckers talk this sh*t about 'internal' confidence but theres no such thing. I only work on the rational that hairloss makes me uglier. Because of this I become less attractive to girls, well not ugly ones nessacerily. But come on.

Even if you were a bald man with so called 'confidence' it doesnt nessacarly mean that you can get girls. If a hidous monster like the elephant man was confident, do you think he could go out and get laid? No. Of course not, so stop giving me this f*****g sh*t argument that 'its all about internal confidence.' f*** off. Its the same thing with the elephant man just on a lesser scale.

Every day I wake up and look at my shitty bulbous looking forehead that makes the rest of my face out of proportion. I really hate myself a lot, I have low self esteem. I am a simple man. I just want to live a good life with friends, and lovers. But how will I ever get all those bueatiful girls? Knowing that one has a possible chance with a bueatiful girl is something so intergral to my life. How can I ever get over this?

I am ruined. Death awaits me.

FFS

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
FFS, I am sure you can score with just as many women as you did when you were 20. Your self-esteem has been hindered because you really don't like what you see in the mirror now. As you get older and you see more changes taking place that you might not like about yourself can always change the way you see yourself. I was in the company of two attractive women and I was openly admitting how some of my flaws I see bother me alot. They said that I am too critical of myself and that those flaws that I notice were not detectable to them until I really brought it to their attention. And those negative things I brought up about myself were just over exaggerated by me only. One of the girls told me I was still a "hot looking" guy who is too hard on himself. She is a hair stylist( not my own hair stylist) and sat me down and started playing with my hair with some new product. While she was playing with my hair, I asked her to check it out and tell me the truth about it. She told me I had great hair and I am not going bald. I told her to be honest and don't just say that to make me feel good. She said I am being 125 percent honest. When I left those two women I felt like the wizard game me some confidence and my self esteem has been lifted. My point is that you see yourself "different", yet those 30-40 girls you slept with back then would still sleep with you even with your present day looks. You just need to feel the same way about yourself now as you did at 20. I know it not easy because I surely don't feel the same as I did 5 years ago. I think I have aged the most in the past 3 years and I still don't like what I see in the mirror. Yet I seem to be the only one that sees it.
Dude, u just think that way because u still hava a lot of hair!! I'm a NW3,5 with visible thinning. If u have visible hair loss thats a diffrent story, A couple of years back when my hair loss was only visible for myself and u could see the thinning only from very close up, I was still able to get some decent girls although I knew what was coming and I had low self esteem!

FFS

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
I hate my ever-increasing f****ing bulbous forehead.

I hate my f****ing parents for having f****ing bald genes. I hate my dad for being a bald twat. I wonder why he's such a moody guy? Hairloss of course.

Hairloss is the curse of the white man. Not all will go bald, but many will. I am 20. Hairloss is ruining me.

All these motherfuckers talk this sh*t about 'internal' confidence but theres no such thing. I only work on the rational that hairloss makes me uglier. Because of this I become less attractive to girls, well not ugly ones nessacerily. But come on.

Even if you were a bald man with so called 'confidence' it doesnt nessacarly mean that you can get girls. If a hidous monster like the elephant man was confident, do you think he could go out and get laid? No. Of course not, so stop giving me this f****ing sh*t argument that 'its all about internal confidence.' f*ck off. Its the same thing with the elephant man just on a lesser scale.

Every day I wake up and look at my shitty bulbous looking forehead that makes the rest of my face out of proportion. I really hate myself a lot, I have low self esteem. I am a simple man. I just want to live a good life with friends, and lovers. But how will I ever get all those bueatiful girls? Knowing that one has a possible chance with a bueatiful girl is something so intergral to my life. How can I ever get over this?

male pattern baldness sure as hell sucks and it will ruin your looks, and for sure u will not be as attractive to women, thats out of question. .It's just a fuckin' fact of life! And hating yourself or your parents for your shitty genes, will only make things worst for you!! If u really wanna do something about it, put all your energy in saving up huge amounts of cash and then go to HW or some other good Doctor and get a max hair transplant... I've seen results of even NW6's who went to HW and got really decent results!
So stop crying and stay focused on making that $$ Meanwhile go to the gym and spend most of your freetime there! If u have a ripped body you will still be able to score some chicks and get laid. They might not be the best looking ones, but better than nothing.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
FFS, are you telling me girls are rejecting you if you ask them out just because of the way your hair looks with a NW3 or NW4? I am sure your face and your body have not changed much. Or did you just "let yourself go" and look haggard and run down that most girls don't want anything to do with you.

FFS

Reaction score
DR House, I let my self go at the beginning, stopped working out stopped dieting, dressed sloppy.... My arms got skinny and the 6pack disappeared, and I got black circles under my eyes from propecia which still havent completely disappeared yet, I looked Like sh*t! Now I've been working out again for a couple of month, I'm in quite decent shape now. I know I could score with some average to below average girls... I tried to chat up some real hotties a couple of times but always got rejected...
What is your Norwood? If a hairdresser can't see any visible thinning it can't be that bad? can it?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
NW2A just recently. I went from a NW1 to a NW2A in 1 year and this is being on Propecia for 3 years. I experienced mostly all of my hair loss after I started Propecia. I am still waiting for my doctor to let me take the test from HairDX to see if I am a Propecia responder. The drug sure never let me keep what I had.

FFS

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
NW2A just recently. I went from a NW1 to a NW2A in 1 year and this is being on Propecia for 3 years. I experienced mostly all of my hair loss after I started Propecia. I am still waiting for my doctor to let me take the test from HairDX to see if I am a Propecia responder. The drug sure never let me keep what I had.
What Kind of Test is that? Was pretty much the same for me, I started Propecia right away when I noticed my hair loss, but The Hair kept on falling out....
How old are u now?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hairdx has a new test to see genetically if you will respond to Propecia. I am "old fart" according to most of the posters except for Bryan. I still have all my teeth and most of my hair. I am pretty lucky so far for an "old fart". Oh and immature too according to Kaleb................. :whistle:

FFS

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Hairdx has a new test to see genetically if you will respond to Propecia. I am "old fart" according to most of the posters except for Bryan. I still have all my teeth and most of my hair. I am pretty lucky so far for an "old fart". Oh and immature too according to Kaleb................. :whistle:
Ok, so u don't really have the same issues, it's a complete diffrent thing if u are seriously balding in your mid 20's it destroys your self esteem, even If u work on other aspects on your life like I do!! If I was a NW2 in the mid 40's, like u, I wouldn't even be here....

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
FFS, you are absolutely right. I have no business being here. I wish I would learn that by now. However, for some reason I just can't seem to leave this place. :woot: :smack:

Boondock

Reaction score
FFS, you are absolutely right. I have no business being here. I wish I would learn that by now. However, for some reason I just can't seem to leave this place

It's because it's so much fun!

FFS, I don't want to sound like a broken record but have you ever tried the buzz cut? If your head looks weird, then fair enough, but it may be worth a go and you may be surprised by the results.

It just sounds like you're not happy with your hair right now, and the prospects for regrowing a young hairline at this stage are quite low (unless you want a transplant).

Mr Norwoods

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
I hate my ever-increasing f****ing bulbous forehead.

I hate my f****ing parents for having f****ing bald genes. I hate my dad for being a bald twat. I wonder why he's such a moody guy? Hairloss of course.

Even if you were a bald man with so called 'confidence' it doesnt nessacarly mean that you can get girls. If a hidous monster like the elephant man was confident, do you think he could go out and get laid? No. Of course not, so stop giving me this f****ing sh*t argument that 'its all about internal confidence.' f*ck off. Its the same thing with the elephant man just on a lesser scale.

My brother was a NW7 at 20. Has had more success with girls than almost anyone I've ever known. He would probably look better with hair, true, he'd also probably look better with a more defined jawline and a smaller nose, but you work with what you have.

You are allowing hairloss to ruin you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Boondock, I think you summed it up for me. I have so much fun reading posts. Secondly, I feel its my duty to keep these young ones from falling in the same pitiful path I went down. However, when I was most of these posters age I was enjoying life to the fullest and really never thought twice about my hair. My "misery" came later in life after I took my first Propecia pill and then signed up on hairloss forums. Then I got "addicted" to giving advice and honestly I would love to be a shrink still but I am not going back to school. I will just have to practice with the posters on here.............. :whistle: Plus s.a.f. wants me to stick around so I feel I owe him that much for all the great advice he gives me. And I always have to keep tabs on my good friend CCS. And I can't let a day go by without seeing another photo shoot from Alex Kerzy.

ali777

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
And I can't let a day go by without seeing another photo shoot from Alex Kerzy.

He's my new favourite poster :punk:

At least CCS comes across as genuine...

DoctorHouse said:
However, when I was most of these posters age I was enjoying life to the fullest and really never thought twice about my hair.

The funny thing is, I'm actually much fitter now than in my 20s. If I was this good looking in my 20s :whistle:, I would have been like a sex machine... I was in a pub yesterday and some fit MILF kept on staring at me :dunno:

Anyway, girls and friends were never a problem in my 20s. I guess I still have some positives about me, but my mood has changed and I can't make that last transition back to "normal".

My advice to anyone is to work hard and party hard. You have to enjoy life while you can!!!

Mr Norwoods said:
My brother was a NW7 at 20. Has had more success with girls than almost anyone I've ever known.

I know couple guys in the same situation as your brother.... Hairloss is not the biggest obstacle to life.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Mr Norwoods said:
My brother was a NW7 at 20. Has had more success with girls than almost anyone I've ever known.

I know couple guys in the same situation as your brother.... Hairloss is not the biggest obstacle to life.[/quote]

I dont disagree that it nessacerily becomes impossible to attract girls, but I'm all about quality over quantity. I always have been.

It fills me with so much despair that at age 20, a young adult, one who is meant to be 'coming of age' I have been relagated to a horrific aesthetic fate - the loss of my exterior. We can only try and intellectualise this horrible malady, by claiming that its not all bad and that we can 'still get girls' but this for me, misses the point. Life is best, when one is beautiful. Statistcs show that people have better careers, more of the opposite sex and generally get treated better if they are better looking. If I was born a pig I would know no better, but to turn into one slowly, this is slow torture of the mind. I just cant get over the insane injustice and cruelty of this world. I am thinking about ending it all.

I hate nothing more than seeing other bald men ( expect for the occasional guy that sports it well, and brings a small glimmer of hope into me). I hate seeing ugly nws, with diffuse hair and unsightly scalps, it makes me want to scream inside, to die instantly at the revoltion of my hideous impending doom.

I grew up in a society, in a culture, in a part of a world, where looks are valued highly. They are important to me. Without looks we are nothing. Hair is our looks. Without hair we are nothing. Nothing fills me with more pity than to see beautiful girl after beautiful girl, and yet only to lament in a most hellish suffering, as now I only see my balding head when I look at them. I now know I am beggining to scar and pollute other peoples vision. I understand that looks are biological. Some have to go bald so it means some males are more desirable than the others.

Perhaps there is some evolutionary theory to suggest that men with hair were seen as the dominant males, who got girls, but had to engage in battle with donasours, where as the bald(ing) men didnt fight, but didnt get girls either.

Like Samson, I am nothing more than a victim of this most henous infliction of hell that was written in the bible. To have no hair is like a footballer who has no feet, or like a writer with no pen.

Let me perish.