The Impact male pattern baldness had on me!

FFS

Reaction score
HI, I noticed that my charakter changed completely cos of male pattern baldness.
I always used to be really into my looks. When I was around 20 I had thick NW1, a symetric face and I was hitting the gym 5-6 days a week . I pulled lots of chicks back in those years. To be honest I lost count on how many diffrent women I have slepped with back then I guess between 30-40 and most of them were pretty good looking. I was in my twentys worked a low paid job but I felt like I was on top of the world. Actually I was the kind of guy I consider know a shallow a**h**. I was making fun of people who where overweight or had any other issues with their appearance... I also treated girls like sh*t, I cheated on every girlfriend I had. Even though I was unfriendly it was the easiest thing for me to get laid when I was out on the weekends....
Soon all that changed though, I still remember when I was about 24 years old I looked in the mirror and something didn't seem right. I Realised that there was small thinning area over my left temple, a couple month later my whole front started thinning. A year Later I was a Norwood 3-4 with diffuse thinning. I fell into a deep hole of depression, stopped working out didn't go out anymore... It seemed everything I had was gone! I realised what an idiot I was, having achieved nothing so far in my life and most of my "friends" were shallow idiots... My personality completely changened, now I am a lot more friendly to people and stopped completely making fun of people cos of flaws they have...
Now I'm going back to school cos I haven't done anything after hightschool so far....On the other hand I was a lot happier back in the old days, and I haven't been dating any girl for over a year now, which is pretty bad for a 27year old...
It is just unbelieveable how hair loss changes someones life completely. It's almost like i have an illness, actually I would much rather have diabetis or something like that...
I have also tried propecia, but it didn't do anything for me... so I gave up on that after 2 years..... But I'm thinking about getting a major hair transplant with Dr Hasson or Dr Rahal in a couple of years.....

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
lol karmas a b**ch aint it

Come on man, cut him some slack. We all mature as we get older.
30-40.... Way to go dude. Gotta stike while the irons hot, I guess.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hitg is right. karmas a b**ch lol. now your the one guys are going to be making fun of cause your a baldie. tough sh*t dude. treat people with respect no matter how they look.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
hitg is right. karmas a b**ch lol. now your the one guys are going to be making fun of cause your a baldie. tough sh*t dude. treat people with respect no matter how they look.

You're right about treating people with respect, obviously. But people make mistakes.
I don't think baldness is a result of making fun of people. I think its a result of DHT.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
male pattern baldness humbles everyone

Not Michael Jordan.
But seriously, I've seen the opposite effect sometimes. I've seen guys create the "confidence" that some guys say is so easy, and it comes off as cockiness. Overcompensation.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
if you hadn't have started losing hair you probably would still be bagging people about thier looks and cheating on your girl friends :thumbdown2:

amsch

Reaction score
At least you HAD your fun. According to your story, from your looks you should still be able to get some chicks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
seaback said:
I've never made fun of people because of their appearance, even when I was a child. I've had and still have a lot of respect for everyone I meet. That was not the case for people like you who were bashing over me during my high school years. I hope you will end up nw7 with a shitty hair transplant and a crappy job.
That's funny how hairloss can change a stupid bastard's mind.

Hey at least he's being honest, and to be fair thats exactly how most goodlooking people act in their youth.
I was'nt an a**h** to people and I still went bald. And how many a**h** NW1's are there out there who will never lose it? So the Karma gloating does'nt really help anyone or change anything.

FFS

Reaction score
Hey seaback, I know I was a dickhead and have changed completely. Sadly hair loss was the thing making me notice that it was wrong to treat people like that.... Wishing someone to get a hair transplant that goes wrong is actually worst than making fun of people.... So u are nothing better either....
@Amsch yeah I still have a halfway decent body, but that alone doesn't matter much.. maybe I would still be able to get some tail but I would have to lower my standards drastically, the last chick I was with was a little bigger and not really my type of girl, that was about a year ago. To be honest I felt pretty bad after banging her, because I realized the only way to still get laid is to go for chicks that I'm not really attracted to. There is no fuckin' way I can pull chicks out of the category I used to... And tust me I tried that a couple times, no fuckin chance.....

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
askas said:
Sometimes I think losing hair is one of thr worst things that can happen to a man in terms of appearance. All people (even not good-loking ones) look more healthy and attractive with hair.

I think there are skin conditions that are worse, but its up there. Although on some people it doesn't matter at all.
Look at a guy like Kevin Garnett, before and after. If anything, he looks better now.

FFS

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
askas said:
Sometimes I think losing hair is one of thr worst things that can happen to a man in terms of appearance. All people (even not good-loking ones) look more healthy and attractive with hair.

I think there are skin conditions that are worse, but its up there. Although on some people it doesn't matter at all.
Look at a guy like Kevin Garnett, before and after. If anything, he looks better now.
true but u can't take black guys as an example, most of them shave even if they have thick hair because it suits them good....

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
just curious FFS, how is your hair now? Is it noticeably balding, do you/have you tried shaving it, etc? If you are a good looking guy then I don't see why you still couldnt be doing fine with girls with the right attitude...specially if shaving it suits you...it may not be as good as having hair but it can definitely be an improvement otherwise....

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're good looking then going bald will not really affect you that badly. You'll only have problems attracting girls with an aversion for bald guys. Some girls just won't date bald guys, no matter how good looking they are.

The main problem is if you're average to begin with. Average bald guys have to compete with average hair guys, whereas good looking bald guys will beat the average hair guys.

FFS

Reaction score
Tried to shave it once, it just looked stupid.... To be honest there are rarely any bald white guys who still look good. And that's a motherfuckin' hard fact of life!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
FFS, I am sure you can score with just as many women as you did when you were 20. Your self-esteem has been hindered because you really don't like what you see in the mirror now. As you get older and you see more changes taking place that you might not like about yourself can always change the way you see yourself. I was in the company of two attractive women and I was openly admitting how some of my flaws I see bother me alot. They said that I am too critical of myself and that those flaws that I notice were not detectable to them until I really brought it to their attention. And those negative things I brought up about myself were just over exaggerated by me only. One of the girls told me I was still a "hot looking" guy who is too hard on himself. She is a hair stylist( not my own hair stylist) and sat me down and started playing with my hair with some new product. While she was playing with my hair, I asked her to check it out and tell me the truth about it. She told me I had great hair and I am not going bald. I told her to be honest and don't just say that to make me feel good. She said I am being 125 percent honest. When I left those two women I felt like the wizard game me some confidence and my self esteem has been lifted. My point is that you see yourself "different", yet those 30-40 girls you slept with back then would still sleep with you even with your present day looks. You just need to feel the same way about yourself now as you did at 20. I know it not easy because I surely don't feel the same as I did 5 years ago. I think I have aged the most in the past 3 years and I still don't like what I see in the mirror. Yet I seem to be the only one that sees it.