The End Of The Bald Black Man Meme In Black Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

broko

My Regimen
Reaction score
naw your crazy, even r kelly still shaves his head sometimes because he likes the look. So many rappers, nba players sport the bald look.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
naw your crazy, even r kelly still shaves his head sometimes because he likes the look. So many rappers, nba players sport the bald look.

It's not cool anymore. All the rising Black stars in music and entertainment have less than NW1 hairlines.
The Bald Black Man era was the 90s-00s and it ended a few years ago.
The Bald Black Man is now Ugly like the Bald White Man. Race equality has been reached.

Also this is RKelly

kelly-r-4fadda1ebd836.jpg

Even if he shaves, the NW0 hairlines stays there.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always been convinced that hair loss has a lesser psychological impact on African men. Their dark skin and naturally muscular build blended in good with baldness, or at least that's what I thought.

The myth of the bald black man was born with Michael Jordan. He's such an amazing character that he actually made baldness hip among Africans, making it acceptable and attractive.

Good things, though, don't last forever. Bald black heads are not hip anymore: the 90s and 00s are long gone. What is clearly hip now in African American (and African European indeed) communities is the geometrically drawn hairline with NW0 frame. Im talking about the likes of Drake, The Weeknd, Fetty Wap, DJ Khaled, Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Bruno Mars and on and on.

View attachment 52066

View attachment 52067

This trend is so extreme that rappers like Future, who still sport a NW1 at worst, are eager to conceal their forehead with hats. At the moment, there is no new school bald rapper or black personality who's not (surprise, surprise) a stand up comedian. This is entirely different from a few years ago, when bald heads were prominent in mainstream black culture.

I saw myself the struggle of a black man I know here who wanted to sport hair but is balding, ending up posting miserable haircuts on social media instead of falling for the shave meme. We also all know the eternal struggle of LeBron and his hairline.

We are now living in the beginning of a new period of hair worship, with the last being the 70s and the 80s.

Men of all races are now fucked.
Where is my cure?

Yeah, say that to Tech N9ne b**ch!!!
upload_2017-4-18_14-46-45.png

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact is, you actually have no idea what your talking about. I have been deeply immersed in black culture for the last ten years. Bald black men pull women just as easily as those with hair, IF they have good facial features. In the entertainment industry? R-Kelly is a b**ch. Tupac, if he were alive today would still f*****g conquer little b****s like R-Kelly in a second. Tech N9ne is a perfect example. respect brah.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact is, you actually have no idea what your talking about. I have been deeply immersed in black culture for the last ten years. Bald black men pull women just as easily as those with hair, IF they have good facial features. In the entertainment industry? R-Kelly is a b**ch. Tupac, if he were alive today would still f*****g conquer little b****s like R-Kelly in a second. Tech N9ne is a perfect example. respect brah.

'Brah' .. 'Tupac' .... 'Tech N9ne'.......

Mate. You sound as the typical white beta who pretends to love black culture. No black young man my age with a drop of self respect would ever listen to Tech N9ne. Man. f*****g Tech N9ne. Tech N9ne is the typical rapper that appeals to white betas trying to grasp hip hop. Tech N9ne thrives because of people like you, 'Brah'.

Tupac was good, has historical importance and I like many of his lyrics, but he had no swag compared to trap rappers or mumble rappers of today. This means that if you listen to Tupac you are a white beta with low testosterone and high DHT sensitivity, which means beta cuck. If you are high test you listen to big bass booty trap and cash money lyrics. You are a white loser and you don't understand hip hop.

broko

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mate. You sound as the typical white beta who pretends to love black culture. No black young man my age with a drop of self respect would ever listen to Tech N9ne. Man. f*****g Tech N9ne. Tech N9ne is the typical rapper that appeals to white betas trying to grasp hip hop. Tech N9ne thrives because of people like you, 'Brah'.

Tupac was good, has historical importance and I like many of his lyrics, but he had no swag compared to trap rappers or mumble rappers of today. This means that if you listen to Tupac you are a white beta with low testosterone and high DHT sensitivity, which means beta cuck. If you are high test you listen to big bass booty trap and cash money lyrics. You are a white loser and you don't understand hip hop.

You sound like some brainwashed sheep who follows current trends, I feel sorry for you I truly do. Mainstream Rap used to have some pretty good rappers like DMX, bone thugs n harmony, etc Tupac had no swag? At least he actually stood up for something and stood up to police. Nowadays its nerds wearing skinny jeans who are too scared to fight.

Trap music has zero musical integrity, anyone can make these type of beats in 5 minutes.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

that is the thing i think a lot of them have the strong features to pull it off...some don't but a lot do.
And i think the skin color does make a difference a bald head just looks better on a dark skinned men.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

what the f*** are you talking about? you're just some moron that knows how to throw around the word "beta". Tupac is a f*****g icon and so is Tech... please, please, just shut the f*** up already.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what the f*** are you talking about? you're just some moron that knows how to throw around the word "beta". Tupac is a f*****g icon and so is Tech... please, please, just shut the f*** up already.

I never heard the term 'beta' until I came to this forum..I mean other than in science class in HS.
I was more of a Biggy Smalls girl myself (true legend).
And shout out to Eric B and Rakim...just saying.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never heard the term 'beta' until I came to this forum..I mean other than in science class in HS.
I was more of a Biggy Smalls girl myself (true legend).
And shout out to Eric B and Rakim...just saying.

I loe Rakim. OP is a f*****g idiot.. a little sheltered brat that has never even met a black person in real life and that just comments on what the media tells him to.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I loe Rakim. OP is a f*****g idiot.. a little sheltered brat that has never even met a black person in real life and that just comments on what the media tells him to.

I mean he is limited lol.
he called Native Americans 'useless savages' who contributed nothing to society...meanwhile I seriously doubt he ever actually met one he lives in Italy I believe.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I actually think bald for black men was more of an in thing back in the day. I still think bald black men bald a lot more gracefully than white men do.

I always thought one of my favourite rappers, Jadakiss was bald until he's been posting pictures with full on nw0 hairline. Idk if he's spraying on a hairline or if it's his natural hair tbh.

I think he used the shave bald for the f*** of it, and i think that's where things changed. You never see a black man bic his head completely if he doesn't have to.

But ya Joe Budden and Tory Lanez are prime examples of semi mainstream artists still killing it while bald in all aspects.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
I'll tell you it's tough for me to see all my best friends and and former friends I had in high school rocking NW0 hairline and I'm receding like hell. Going to a barbershop as an AA with a receding hairline is the worst I have had to endure.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've known this was a myth for a while. There may be more black dudes who can pull it off, but it's still an extension of the "just look at the Rock and Vin Diesel!" Ideology. It doesn't apply to all

In my former social circle of bald shamers and Norwood spotters, the guy who took the brunt of the heat was a black dude. No, it was not a good look on him

Also, you can forget about buying yourself a few years of lower Norwood appearances with a combover if you're black

a lot of morons are convinced that every black man looks like ving rhames

Of course somehow they are completely ignorant of the far more common case of black men who look more like dave chapelle

This reminds me of something tangentially related, which is the mythology that white suburban kids have placed on "black" kids. I used to be an amateur boxer and eventually I moved into a sort of "team" captain position... anyway I always used to laugh about how people would automatically assume because a kid was black he was a natural fighter or was somehow less afraid of fighting than the white kids, meanwhile im in the dressing rooms trying to convince black kids not to run away and that they're going to do fine, some of them even reaching near panic attack levels ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.