The End Of The Bald Black Man Meme In Black Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of morons are convinced that every black man looks like ving rhames

Of course somehow they are completely ignorant of the far more common case of black men who look more like dave chapelle

This reminds me of something tangentially related, which is the mythology that white suburban kids have placed on "black" kids. I used to be an amateur boxer and eventually I moved into a sort of "team" captain position... anyway I always used to laugh about how people would automatically assume because a kid was black he was a natural fighter or was somehow less afraid of fighting than the white kids, meanwhile im in the dressing rooms trying to convince black kids not to run away and that they're going to do fine, some of them even reaching near panic attack levels ;)

Honestly I'm finding myself kind of taken aback by some of the posters on here that I see in other threads adamantly attack the statham diesel references basically going "well if you're black, just shave it bro." Hypocritical and makes me wonder what their perception of black men is apart from actors and NBA players

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I'm finding myself kind of taken aback by some of the posters on here that I see in other threads adamantly attack the statham diesel references basically going "well if you're black, just shave it bro." Hypocritical and makes me wonder what their perception of black men is apart from actors and NBA players

I will say I don't notice it was much on black men as I do on white men.
If that is wrong/right/bias I have no idea just being honest about it.
I work with few black guys I am friends with who are shaved heads and it looks good on them.
I don't know if they shave for convenience/style or if it's balding.
these are men around my age not young guys.
The younger black guys I know they have hair, a lot of hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, you Americans didn't 'save' sh*t, we saved ourselves by changing side and doing guerrilla warfare against the Nazi occupation.
You Americans invaded South Italy but then pussied out on the Gothic line, killing many civilians.. because that's what you do in war. Nothing to be ashamed of, that's how invaders behave.

The Americans invaded Italy in 1943 and had trouble finishing the job, in part due to German resistance and Italian geography.

I think that situation is relatively complex. Yes the Italian civilian population clearly played a role, but the German military was weakened from losses in North Africa (to the British and the Americans), to the USSR (who got some American resources and equipment), and later on to the allies in France.

Without that fractioning of the Wermacht it is less likely that Italy could have liberated itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.