The End Of The Bald Black Man Meme In Black Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always been convinced that hair loss has a lesser psychological impact on African men. Their dark skin and naturally muscular build blended in good with baldness, or at least that's what I thought.

The myth of the bald black man was born with Michael Jordan. He's such an amazing character that he actually made baldness hip among Africans, making it acceptable and attractive.

Good things, though, don't last forever. Bald black heads are not hip anymore: the 90s and 00s are long gone. What is clearly hip now in African American (and African European indeed) communities is the geometrically drawn hairline with NW0 frame. Im talking about the likes of Drake, The Weeknd, Fetty Wap, DJ Khaled, Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Bruno Mars and on and on.

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

This trend is so extreme that rappers like Future, who still sport a NW1 at worst, are eager to conceal their forehead with hats. At the moment, there is no new school bald rapper or black personality who's not (surprise, surprise) a stand up comedian. This is entirely different from a few years ago, when bald heads were prominent in mainstream black culture.

I saw myself the struggle of a black man I know here who wanted to sport hair but is balding, ending up posting miserable haircuts on social media instead of falling for the shave meme. We also all know the eternal struggle of LeBron and his hairline.

We are now living in the beginning of a new period of hair worship, with the last being the 70s and the 80s.

Men of all races are now fucked.
Where is my cure?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Hair loss surely needs cure.
No one should deny this Fact.
It's the need of today and the for the future.

Offtopic:This video is not about black,

Guys like this can win any girl.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss surely needs cure.
No one should deny this Fact.
It's the need of today and the for the future.

Offtopic:This video is not about black,

Guys like this can win any girl.

Videos like this make me remember that I didn't lose just hair. I lost the opportunity to live the life of a normal, youthful young man.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Videos like this make me remember that I didn't lose just hair. I lost the opportunity to live the life of a normal, youthful young man.

Not only that. We did not merely lost our youth, and the beautiful experiences linked to it, we lost the right to be treated with respect by our peers. I still think dying in my sleep would be a better alternative. But knowing my shitty genes and how life hates me, I'll die the very moment my life will start to improve.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone who follows football in the UK will notice Andros Townsend rocking the SMP rather than just shaving it bro:

0V86FkL.jpg

better than looking 50 i guess:

j1MFUwp.jpg

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always been convinced that hair loss has a lesser psychological impact on African men. Their dark skin and naturally muscular build blended in good with baldness, or at least that's what I thought.

The myth of the bald black man was born with Michael Jordan. He's such an amazing character that he actually made baldness hip among Africans, making it acceptable and attractive.

Good things, though, don't last forever. Bald black heads are not hip anymore: the 90s and 00s are long gone. What is clearly hip now in African American (and African European indeed) communities is the geometrically drawn hairline with NW0 frame. Im talking about the likes of Drake, The Weeknd, Fetty Wap, DJ Khaled, Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Bruno Mars and on and on.

View attachment 52066

View attachment 52067

This trend is so extreme that rappers like Future, who still sport a NW1 at worst, are eager to conceal their forehead with hats. At the moment, there is no new school bald rapper or black personality who's not (surprise, surprise) a stand up comedian. This is entirely different from a few years ago, when bald heads were prominent in mainstream black culture.

I saw myself the struggle of a black man I know here who wanted to sport hair but is balding, ending up posting miserable haircuts on social media instead of falling for the shave meme. We also all know the eternal struggle of LeBron and his hairline.

We are now living in the beginning of a new period of hair worship, with the last being the 70s and the 80s.

Men of all races are now fucked.
Where is my cure?

Really interesting stuff. What was the tipping point?

One word: Lebron.

lebron-aging.jpg

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depressing, but how does that relate to my comment?

Stop trying to make me feel even shittier, nobody wants to be brought down to your level you know. :D
hahaha cant stop browsing dem lookism gifs. Heres one where you (or me) are trying to approach a woman

tumblr_m1bdtzt96X1qmyzc7.gif

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've known this was a myth for a while. There may be more black dudes who can pull it off, but it's still an extension of the "just look at the Rock and Vin Diesel!" Ideology. It doesn't apply to all

In my former social circle of bald shamers and Norwood spotters, the guy who took the brunt of the heat was a black dude. No, it was not a good look on him

Also, you can forget about buying yourself a few years of lower Norwood appearances with a combover if you're black

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are any of these guys loosing hair yet?

I haven't seen these people in about a year. There is at least one I noticed on facebook the other week is progressing deeper into Norwood 2 land

Most of them were a few years younger than me, early to mid 20's, so it's possible male pattern baldness could begin to manifest itself in them soon if it hasn't started yet

Status
Not open for further replies.