The Countdown For Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy is on!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the bigger pictures of lp covers are great, but I prefer sound quality more.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
That's actually just a bunch of leaked demo tracks, not the actual album that's coming out.

-DH

The album has been leaked and they are they final versions of the songs, I'm still going to buy my copy though on vinyl and cd.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="die_hard":3h1lwcgy]That's actually just a bunch of leaked demo tracks, not the actual album that's coming out.

-DH

The album has been leaked and they are they final versions of the songs, I'm still going to buy my copy though on vinyl and cd.[/quote:3h1lwcgy]

What are the title of the songs on the real album then?? I downloaded one but I hope is not the real sh*t lol because is not that good at all. It is sound like demo tracks.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
What are the title of the songs on the real album then?? I downloaded one but I hope is not the real sh*t lol because is not that good at all. It is sound like demo tracks.

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Street Of Dreams (use to be known as The Blues)
5. If The World
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher In The Rye
8. Scraped
9. Riad N' The Beoduins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S
12. Madagascar
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

There as a few so called album leaks before, one had demos and 2 songs that won't even be on the album (Silkworms, Oh My God) and the other one had heaps of static in the background/songs skipping.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
squeegee said:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Street Of Dreams (use to be known as The Blues)
5. If The World
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher In The Rye
8. Scraped
9. Riad N' The Beoduins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S
12. Madagascar
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

There as a few so called album leaks before, one had demos and 2 songs that won't even be on the album (Silkworms, Oh My God) and the other one had heaps of static in the background/songs skipping.

Got the wrong one then lol Thanks! Will buy it! Less pain in the arse!

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="die_hard":1qdq6kw5]That's actually just a bunch of leaked demo tracks, not the actual album that's coming out.

-DH

The album has been leaked and they are they final versions of the songs, I'm still going to buy my copy though on vinyl and cd.[/quote:1qdq6kw5]

it has now, but only since I posted that

EDIT: can someone pm me a link to this? damn GNR forums are heavily moderated right now.,.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
can someone pm me a link to this? damn GNR forums are heavily moderated right now.,.

To what? The leaked album? Just go into iso hunt/mininova and type in Chinese Democracy, the one i got was around 165mb.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="die_hard":2odgfo35]
can someone pm me a link to this? damn GNR forums are heavily moderated right now.,.

To what? The leaked album? Just go into iso hunt/mininova and type in Chinese Democracy, the one i got was around 165mb.[/quote:2odgfo35]

I might hold off now, their official myspace is streaming it in 12 minutes! People on mygnrforum are guessing it will be much higher quality than 165 as well.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
The one i got was 320kpbs but yeah the GN'R forum I'm on are talking bout it too.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the myspace stream is pretty good, nothing much better than that though from what i hear on the compute speakers anyways.

Damn, they should have completely reverted back to the 01/02 version of the blues I think.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
Yeah, the myspace stream is pretty good, nothing much better than that though from what i hear on the compute speakers anyways.

Damn, they should have completely reverted back to the 01/02 version of the blues I think.

It's called Street Of Dreams now but yeah, I don't mind, i like this version just as much, only song I'm not to thrilled with is If The World..just can't get into it. My fav by far at the moment is Sorry followed with This I Love then Shackler's, Riad, Madagascar and Scraped. Haven't listened to Prostitute yet.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Woot getting my copy this arvo :punk:

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="die_hard":1wwd9y11]Yeah, the myspace stream is pretty good, nothing much better than that though from what i hear on the compute speakers anyways.

It's called Street Of Dreams now but yeah, I don't mind, i like this version just as much, only song I'm not to thrilled with is If The World..just can't get into it. My fav by far at the moment is Sorry followed with This I Love then Shackler's, Riad, Madagascar and Scraped. Haven't listened to Prostitute yet.[/quote:1wwd9y11]

Havent made my way to this i love and sorry. Only songs I held off listening to..I'm really into the final of rhiad, much better than the first leak

EDIT: just listening to Sorry now..What ever happened to Baz being on this song?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
EDIT: just listening to Sorry now..What ever happened to Baz being on this song?

I have no idea, i couldn't make him out but he still could be, i honestly don't really care if he is or not lol, great song either way.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Catcher In The Rye is brilliant.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still sticking to waiting to get the actual cd before listening to it.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Still sticking to waiting to get the actual cd before listening to it.

That's one thing I love about Australia, got my retail copy early.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Catcher In The Rye is brilliant.

I hated CITR before hearing the final...That leak was the bad one man, But now with Ron and the 45575765848687867575766X better sound it's junst incredibly better. As much as I love Brian May..It sounds a lot better with the final cut without him. Definately the most improved song from the leaks, I Love it now!

-DH

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, this is it. Chinese Democracy Starts Now!

Sean68

Reaction score
its on the gnr myspace page as you probably all know.

i really wanted to like it but...no good riffs, the singings really harsh and abrasive, theres hardly any good melodies and its very self indulgent. you can tell about 50 different producers have worked on it for 15 years - really blows that monkey/typewriter theory out of the window. the first minute or so of the first song is really good though (before he starts singing)