The Countdown For Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy is on!

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp

I love the Irony in that I had a full head of hair when I started waiting for this album to come out..

New single is kickass though, what do you guys think?

-DH

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
f*****g cool! :punk:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 16 when the countdown for Axl's solo album started. I'm 26 in a month. I'm a sad mofo, but I ain't nowhere near sad enough to be counting days for this sh*t to come out. There's couple of "okish" songs amongst the leaked demos but none of them is even on level with the worst real Guns N' Roses song except for maybe My World.

s.a.f

Reaction score
die_hard said:
I love the Irony in that I had a full head of hair when I started waiting for this album to come out.

I expect Axl's thinking the same thing.

beaner

Reaction score
I used to love Guns n Roses, but I honestly no longer have an interest in hearing this album. They (Axl) waited far too long and I have a feeling this album is not going to have been worth the wait and may not do well in sales.

BTW I saw their original drummer, Steven Adler, on some rehab show---he's not looking too good these days.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone else think that his time away as a recluse, was so that Axl could figure out a way to keep his hair?
Ive read that he tried plugs, the fleming-mayers flap surgery and wore wigs in an attempt to hide his baldness and all were unsuccessful and in fact the flap surgery disfigured his scalp. Im pretty sure his 10 years away from the limelight was in an effort to figure out a way to make himself presentable to the public and still sporting hair which was his trademark in the 80s and early 90s. i bet you he was counting on hair multiplication and when that fell through, he was like screw it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I guess we will never know. He played Reading festival a few years ago, but was wearing a bandanna. New single is okay i suppose, but their glory days are behind them...

IBM

Reaction score
He's bald? I've seen him some years ago and no signs of balding.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
He's bald? I've seen him some years ago and no signs of balding.
you thought those braids were real?! they look like carpet
he should just get a good wig that looks good. he had one in 2001 or so when he finally emerged and made a public appearance...but then he changed the straight hair wig to the wierd braid thing hes got goin on now.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I belive most of Axl Rose's botched surgeries were back in the early 80's - before he hit the big time. His Meyer flap was done in early 80's, as well as his plugs. So, he was wearing wigs and concealing his hairloss the whole time - from the beginning of GnR to now.

I was on a "musician's" website a few months ago, and someone posted that they claim to have seen Axl at restraurant in LA having lunch, and he wasn't wearing anything to cover it up - he was bald as a M.th.rf..ker - as in NW7 with scars from his botched surgeries.

Despite all of that, the guy had beautiful young women all over him - just because he's a rockstar. :punk:
i dont think so- axl used to rock out at concerts in the early 80s with his hair sweating and all..it would be impossible to cover up a flap surgery the way he performed and with his hair wet. Im pretty sure that when he started wearing bandanas a lot in the early 90s is when he just started to lose it...then came his disappearance which explains the plugs, flap surgery etc and why he was out of the public eye...that also explains the failure of the procedures and why he stayed away for almost a decade

you can see the video below from '88. Axl may have been receding a little, but it would be impossible to cover up a flap surgery the way he pushes his hair out of his face as well as gets it pulled on when he jumps into the crowd
[youtube:2mh1vxaq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhycbtHfGP4[/youtube:2mh1vxaq]

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
BlahBlah12 said:
dudemon said:
I belive most of Axl Rose's botched surgeries were back in the early 80's - before he hit the big time. His Meyer flap was done in early 80's, as well as his plugs. So, he was wearing wigs and concealing his hairloss the whole time - from the beginning of GnR to now.

I was on a "musician's" website a few months ago, and someone posted that they claim to have seen Axl at restraurant in LA having lunch, and he wasn't wearing anything to cover it up - he was bald as a M.th.rf..ker - as in NW7 with scars from his botched surgeries.

Despite all of that, the guy had beautiful young women all over him - just because he's a rockstar. :punk:
i dont think so- axl used to rock out at concerts in the early 80s with his hair sweating and all..it would be impossible to cover up a flap surgery the way he performed and with his hair wet. Im pretty sure that when he started wearing bandanas a lot in the early 90s is when he just started to lose it...then came his disappearance which explains the plugs, flap surgery etc and why he was out of the public eye...that also explains the failure of the procedures and why he stayed away for almost a decade

you can see the video below from '88. Axl may have been receding a little, but it would be impossible to cover up a flap surgery the way he pushes his hair out of his face as well as gets it pulled on when he jumps into the crowd
[youtube:27hmtcuz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhycbtHfGP4[/youtube:27hmtcuz]

I know what you're saying, but I'm almost positive that is flap and plugs were done in the early 80's. I can remember back in those days - there was "talk" and rumors going around that Axl was wearing hair pieces during the "Appetite" tour - the first tour.

In fact, I used to roady for bands back then. Some of the guys I knew played in bands that opened for GnR, and I heard a few stories. I don't know how much is true, but from what I heard, his flap and plugs failed because he got an infection from the surgeries while living in a "budget" motel somewhere in LA - during their debut days or before - when they were still playing nightclubs in Hollywood.

This would have had to have been before they made it big.
interesting...i dont know why im fascinated by this but for some reason i am..lol i look at pics of axl from the 80s and look at his hair and i try to figure out when he started losing it..man im a loser.
But i dont know how he could have afforded to pay for these surgeries if gnr hadnt blown up yet. also it was said he had irregular hair growth patterns because of the surgeries which certainly were not evident in the '88 concert clip i posted. and the pulling on his hair from the fans proves its not a wig either hes wearing.
Axl should really just go back to the wig he wore in 2000 or so when he first came out of hiding:
[youtube:27hmtcuz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlkK5NSJr48[/youtube:27hmtcuz]
and shave the thick goatee he's got now. he would look a lot younger and more like the axl we got used to seeing. He looks great there except his eyebrows were gone...probably from medication he was taking, as he seems kind of lethargic in this interview and calmer than the axl rose weve come to know

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Well, I think it doesn't matter about whether he has had surgeries or whatever. I have had 3 hair transplant surgeries myself! So, Axl Rose is really one of us (bald guys), who overcame his hairloss (or dealt with it nevertheless) - and he was able to make it to the big time. Good for him - more power to him! What he accomplished in life is hard to do, whether you have hair or no hair. Good for him.

I'm not a big fan, though, of GnR. I've seen them a few times in concert, but I was more into the HEAVY scene back then - Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Maiden, etc... even early, early Metallica. The guys I used to hang out with hated bands like GnR. To them, bands like GnR, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, etc... were all nothing but "posers."
yea man, hes def one of us who had to deal with added stress of hairloss in the public spotlight and being known for his hair at the same time! man is that hard.
Funny, i always thought of gnr as a non-hair band in a hair band era. to me they were always harder than bon jovi or warrant .
as for the harder bands, i was only 6 when appetite came out so i wasnt into the heavy scene back then. i had megadeths countdown to extinction though! but dave mustane or whatever his name is had nothin on axl's stage presence

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl hasn't had any hair surgery at all. In 2001 he had braides weaved in with his normal hair, and he has the same thing now, only more braids weaved, and cut back shorter. He always had thin hair his whole life and has slowly slowly thinned over the years.

I love the new stuff, despite being controversial..I couldn't care less about that sh*t though. All it is is a name, wich to me has nothing to do with the music. I saw the new band in 2006 and was blown away. Slash or no Slash, he's got a lot of talent in that band. VR is round now, so I still have materila put out by Slash to get my does of that bluesy signature sound, so I'm happy as a pig in sh*t with that regard.

A few people mentioned that most hated the single? Chinese Democracy has only been out for pre order for a week or so and it's currently best buys number one seller...outselling albums that have been out for ages!

-DH

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
Axl hasn't had any hair surgery at all. In 2001 he had braides weaved in with his normal hair, and he has the same thing now, only more braids weaved, and cut back shorter. He always had thin hair his whole life and has slowly slowly thinned over the years.

I love the new stuff, despite being controversial..I couldn't care less about that sh*t though. All it is is a name, wich to me has nothing to do with the music. I saw the new band in 2006 and was blown away. Slash or no Slash, he's got a lot of talent in that band. VR is round now, so I still have materila put out by Slash to get my does of that bluesy signature sound, so I'm happy as a pig in sh*t with that regard.

A few people mentioned that most hated the single? Chinese Democracy has only been out for pre order for a week or so and it's currently best buys number one seller...outselling albums that have been out for ages!

-DH
not saying anything about the album, but the lead single, chinese democracy, i thought flat out sucked, and judging by the comments posted on youtube i wasnt alone in that.
doesnt mean the album will suck, but it didnt inspire much faith in me either.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've heard so many stories about him having surgery that I think there must e some truth in it, but I'd put it down as 10 - 12 yrs ago when he out of the limelight.
Axl was only about 23 when GnR first got succesfull so the chances of him having hairloss at that age bad enough to have resorted to surgery are pretty slim.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah, no way is he wearing a wig in that 88 video, some receding is all. He looks to me to definitely be wearing a wig in that 2001 clip, if you look near his ear there is no hair at all, which is strange and says to me that he has no hair at all, including the horse shoe pattern... Also no eyebrows? which could suggest all his hair fell out leaving him totally hairless.

I think your initial theory was right Blah.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Yeah, no way is he wearing a wig in that 88 video, some receding is all. He looks to me to definitely be wearing a wig in that 2001 clip, if you look near his ear there is no hair at all, which is strange and says to me that he has no hair at all, including the horse shoe pattern... Also no eyebrows? which could suggest all his hair fell out leaving him totally hairless.

I think your initial theory was right Blah.

Yeah it does look like a wig.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Bunch of other songs leaked from the album...f***, I know it isn't Guns N' Roses, but man, I gotta say this sh*t is damned good music!

DH

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the new single at all and along with better and shackler's this album has got me thinking that it might actually be ok.