The Countdown For Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy is on!

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
I don't mind the new single at all and along with better and shackler's this album has got me thinking that it might actually be ok.

Being a hardcore hardcore GNR fan like myself, it is a bit tough with the whole new band and all, but f*** man..there is no denying that Axl is a twisted musical genious with or without Slash. Shame the name got drug through the mud the whole time.

-DH

Sean68

Reaction score
i think safs right hes not wearing a wig in the early days. he definitely had work and work done during the hiatus though.

i cant say im overly enthused about the record but even if he got it back with slash, duff and co itd still be sh*t! none of them have written anything of real quality for nearly 20 years remember.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a few more leaks from the upcoming album, one in particular called "Sorry"...now that is an amazing song. Def going to buy this album.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Sixteen years and all we get is a cheap Nine Inch Nails rip-off? Weak, Axl. Really weak.

To be honest, Guns N' Roses are the most over-rated band of all time. The only decent thing they released was Appetite for Destruction in '89.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
The only decent thing they released was Appetite for Destruction in '89.

Appetite for Destruction was released in 1987.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
BobbyChalfont said:
The only decent thing they released was Appetite for Destruction in '89.

Appetite for Destruction was released in 1987.

Even worse then. 20+ years without a decent album. Time to hang up that wig for good, Axl.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Sixteen years and all we get is a cheap Nine Inch Nails rip-off? Weak, Axl. Really weak.

To be honest, Guns N' Roses are the most over-rated band of all time. The only decent thing they released was Appetite for Destruction in '89.

Overrated they may be but that's a bit rich. There was lots of good songs on the Use Your Illusion albums. If you're into hard rock at all, that is. There's always ppl whom will find a band that is rated, overrated. I mean, I dislike U2 and I think they're hugely overrated.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:

LOL Use your Illusions I & II are Epic. You have no clue of what you are talking about. These guys got skills, personality and charisma like no others and made songs and names that will live forever.. You! What do you got??? f*** silly haters! Cannot wait to hear the new album in my car with the volume way too high!

Fred

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
BobbyChalfont said:

LOL Use your Illusions I & II are Epic. You have no clue of what you are talking about. These guys got skills, personality and charisma like no others and made songs and names that will live forever.. You! What do you got??? f*ck silly haters! Cannot wait to hear the new album in my car with the volume way too high!

Fred

If Use Your Illusion was condensed into one album I agree, it would have been epic. But Axl Rose, ever the egomaniac, thought that after one successful album, GNR warranted a double album. So we got the exact same song twice (albeit, with slightly different lyrics - Don't Cry), Axl Rose trying to rap (My World), Sub-par cover songs (Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die) and way over-the-top rock operas (Estranged, Locomotive).

Cut all the crap and put all the decent UYI songs on one disc and yeah, it would have made a brilliant album. Then we got the Spaghetti Incident? in 1993 (What the hell was THAT about?) and now, 2008 we finally get Chinese Democracy, which so far, is sounding like a poor man's Nine Inch Nails (although I will agree that Better and T.W.A.T are some of the best songs Axl Rose has ever put his name to).

Whether you love GNR or not, face it. In a 20+ year history, they've only released 2 good albums. Without Slash, Duff and Izzy Guns N' Roses are now just one middle-aged, washed-up old rocker in a wig, desperately clinging to the glory days of old.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
squeegee said:
BobbyChalfont said:

LOL Use your Illusions I & II are Epic. You have no clue of what you are talking about. These guys got skills, personality and charisma like no others and made songs and names that will live forever.. You! What do you got??? f*ck silly haters! Cannot wait to hear the new album in my car with the volume way too high!

Fred

If Use Your Illusion was condensed into one album I agree, it would have been epic. But Axl Rose, ever the egomaniac, thought that after one successful album, GNR warranted a double album. So we got the exact same song twice (albeit, with slightly different lyrics - Don't Cry), Axl Rose trying to rap (My World), Sub-par cover songs (Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die) and way over-the-top rock operas (Estranged, Locomotive).

Cut all the crap and put all the decent UYI songs on one disc and yeah, it would have made a brilliant album. The we got the Spaghetti Incident? in 1993 (What the hell was THAT about?) and now, 2008 we finally get Chinese Democracy, which so far, is sounding like a poor man's Nine Inch Nails (although I will agree that Better and T.W.A.T are some of the best songs Axl Rose has ever put his name to).

Whether you love GNR or not, face it. In a 20+ year history, they've only released 2 good albums. Without Slash, Duff and Izzy Guns N' Roses are now just one middle-aged, washed-up old rocker in a wig, desperately clinging to the glory days of old.

I am listening to Coma right now and I could care less about your negatives comments analyzing every songs of Gun N roses by your perception. Long live Rock N roll!

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:

1. Appetite was released in 87, not 89.

2. This is miles far from a Nine Inch Nails rip off..in fact Trent hired one of Axls guitarists hust recently, so it's the other way around

3. Use Your Illusions were faaaaaar from sh*t. That alone discredits you.

-DH

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
squeegee said:
BobbyChalfont said:

They actually had 2 successful album's before UY1 1/2, their cover of heavens door is hardly sub par and Estranged is a masterpiece..it's just a shame that you can't see that cause you are really missing out.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
They actually had 2 successful album's before UY1 1/2, their cover of heavens door is hardly sub par and Estranged is a masterpiece..it's just a shame that you can't see that cause you are really missing out.

To be honest, you sound like a total fanboy. Your nick is Axl_Rose and you always quote GNR songs in your signature. Do you listen to any other band? And no, this is not meant to be offensive, I'm just curious because you sound a lot like me 10+ years ago, when I didn't know any other band apart from GNR even existed.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
To be honest, you sound like a total fanboy.
Why wouldn't I be a fan boy? GN'R is my fav band.
ghg said:
Your nick is Axl_Rose and you always quote GNR songs in your signature.
Once again, fav band, do you have a problem with me quoting their songs as my sig?
ghg said:
Do you listen to any other band?
Yeah.

Out of my own curiosity what does "ghg" stand for?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ghg stands for something hairloss related, it comes from my old nick which I asked to be deleted because I felt I was spending too much time on this forum. But what do you know, I wanted to re-register and used an abbreviation of the old nickname.

The reason I asked you if you listened to any other bands is because when I really started to listen to other bands, GNR suddenly didn't seem so superior compared to others. They always sucked live (mostly because Axl's voice started to deteriorate quickly after AFD). Of course AFD and UYI's are classic but there are many other bands who have built a much more lengthy and more even career than GNR. Axl also seemed like a spoiled child and his rants during the shows really make me blush nowadays, he was so immature even as a 30 year old.

Axl_Rose said:
Once again, fav band, do you have a problem with me quoting their songs as my sig?

Nope, it was just something I had noticed. Do as you please.

Sean68

Reaction score
use your illusions are awesome. twos better for me. there is filler on them and if theyd made it one it wouldve bern as good as apetite.maybe.
they had a lot of work to show i guess - the whole grandiose idea of having two albums out at one time was top and makes up for having to skip a few.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CD has already leaked, it's on http://thepiratebay.org torrent tracker. Not that I will listen to it until I get the proper cd version. I already pre-ordered mine for 12,49 euros.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
That's actually just a bunch of leaked demo tracks, not the actual album that's coming out.

-DH

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
die_hard said:
That's actually just a bunch of leaked demo tracks, not the actual album that's coming out.
-DH

Hmm, at least the sound quality is great. Didn't listen to it very well so you may be right.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
The last cd I bought was the last Cure album. I actually don't buy albums on CD anymore, I buy them on record and then rip them to my Ipod.

.. I like the bigger pictures :dunno: