The Cb (breezula [clascoterone]) Community Thread

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you had precipitous increased itch after beginning CB/ finasteride?

And did you have initial regrowth on both too?

I just find it hard to believe that the rate of shedding that I had and the insane itch could not have been a sign that things were not working out.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my itch started furiously (waking me up at 3am) when I started CB and after I suspended my 7 year treatment with dutasteride.
At first I thought it was the CB. But no. The itch is just that neither finasteride nor CB can not match the intense damage caused by DHT
Maybe only dutasteride.
the shedding is well documented as a sign that finasteride is working, but alas, it can also mean that it is not working.
for this reason it is recommended that you wait 1 to 2 years to reach any conclussion.
with respect to CB we don't know nothing yet.

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On my third week of 7.5% BID CB. No results yet. Only applying to my hairline and monitoring very closely waiting for new tiny hairs to poke through. How long until I can look super close at my hairline and see the start of new growth? I know everyone says wait 6 months at least for noticeable growth, but I feel like when I look super closely I should be able to see at least 1 new hair poke through by now.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have gone through everything you describe
the extreme intense itch , the shedding etc
right now Im slowly recovering. I wish someone had warned me.
the itch is caused by DHT. make no mistake. neither fina or CB cause permanent hair loss; neither of them causes "the itch"
if you suspend fina, you will pay the price. wait 2 years before deciding if fina works or not.
I lost A TON of hair because I was only on CB. stupid of me.
CB is very weak compared to fina.
I disagree. I was on finasteride for a very long time. finasteride was disastrous on me. It gave me Telogen Effluvium which symptoms of Telogen Effluvium is intense itching etc. i never had massive itching shedding until i got on oral finasteride. After i got off oral finasteride and my hair started coming back and shed was less and and less but i wanted to stop shed why i decided to add cb and then more shed i regret touching finasteride. Check out my thread i made about finasteride and Telogen Effluvium

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my itch started furiously (waking me up at 3am) when I started CB and after I suspended my 7 year treatment with dutasteride.
At first I thought it was the CB. But no. The itch is just that neither finasteride nor CB can not match the intense damage caused by DHT
Maybe only dutasteride.
the shedding is well documented as a sign that finasteride is working, but alas, it can also mean that it is not working.
for this reason it is recommended that you wait 1 to 2 years to reach any conclussion.
with respect to CB we don't know nothing yet.

I was on nothing, then started finasteride and had hair regrowth for the first month and half, then suddenly starting shedding more and more with insane scalp itch occurring.

Are you saying that you suspended dutasteride during CB use and got an itch or your itch from stopping dutasteride was another example of getting DHT itch and you got it at a time that was independent of using CB?

I'm just very reticent to push through with anything hoping things will turn due to how precarious my hair line is; and my gut feel that it's not going to turn anyway.

I feel like my body rejected it, or something.

I have a fair few health issues and I feel it has something to do with how I react to treatments.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on nothing, then started finasteride and had hair regrowth for the first month and half, then suddenly starting shedding more and more with insane scalp itch occurring.

Are you saying that you suspended dutasteride during CB use and got an itch or your itch from stopping dutasteride was another example of getting DHT itch and you got it at a time that was independent of using CB?

I'm just very reticent to push through with anything hoping things will turn due to how precarious my hair line is; and my gut feel that it's not going to turn anyway.

I feel like my body rejected it, or something.

I have a fair few health issues and I feel it has something to do with how I react to treatments.

I suspended dutasteride due to abrupt penis shrinkage.
Then I started with CB only. And then the itch started also, horribly.
I thought that CB caused the itch, naively. But it is the DHT.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what’s the consensus here? Is CB worth it, even in conjunction with other AAs. All the studies say it’s amazing but doesn’t look like it’s helping anyone.

I’m in good with a us chemical company and I’m about to drop a lot of money on 10g and I’m debating it now cause it seems like it’s not doing much

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what’s the consensus here? Is CB worth it, even in conjunction with other AAs. All the studies say it’s amazing but doesn’t look like it’s helping anyone.

I’m in good with a us chemical company and I’m about to drop a lot of money on 10g and I’m debating it now cause it seems like it’s not doing much

at the moment this is a good question. my opinion is that is like 5-10% of finasteride therapeutic force.
1 year breezula official results give some hint that this is a likely scenario .

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
at the moment this is a good question. my opinion is that is like 5-10% of finasteride therapeutic force.
1 year breezula official results give some hint that this is a likely scenario .
Cassiopeia did not take this to a phase III trial based on 5-10% of the effectiveness of finasteride. No way in hell. Chances are that we don’t have the right stuff and/or they know something we don’t.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cassiopeia did not take this to a phase III trial based on 5-10% of the effectiveness of finasteride. No way in hell. Chances are that we don’t have the right stuff and/or they know something we don’t.

have you seen the official report? 12 month results are nearly the same as baseline. check it out.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve seen that. I hear you. But with how much a phase III trial costs, and with all the new things coming down the pipeline, they are not naive to that. If a bunch of us schleps on a hairloss forum can read that report and dismiss it, then they certainly already have. But they haven’t. So again, either they are supremely stupid, which I have a hard time believe if given the size of the company, or we are just misreading/ misusing the product. But who knows. The stupidity of the these companies sometimes reigns supreme.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well after doing some skimming it looks like CB isn't worth the buy. I honestly do think that I am sensitive to any kind of treatment or it may just be in my head (thinking myself into side effects) but for the amount of money this company is charging its not worth it. If you guys suggest another one I may try that one but these guys want basically 1k for 10g (It us based so I was buying security) but thats not worth it if its no guarantee.

fuckin A

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish they didn't take so long to get the official Breezula topical out there already. Phase 3 taking forever!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope that at 7.5% BID this is at least stronger than RU, otherwise waiting until 2021 for something that doesn't even match RU (which is already pathetic) is a hell of a joke.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with it until you can get the acne version off label. Just get RU if you want an AR antagonist. It is cheaper and has better results on the forums.

Yeah i agree, this stuff is way to pricey right now and RU has more users and results posted. I guess some might be uncomfortable with possible sexual sides from RU or the fact that is still essentially a research drug though.

el_duterino

Reaction score
"Anagen follicles increased an average of 88% with finasteride and 103% with RU (5%) and growth of vellus follicles to terminal size was 12% with finasteride , and 26% with RU (5%)."

This is quoted from a study done on macaques not humans. There was never any long term human RU studies - or studies comparing RU to finasteride in humans.

Only two short 3 months studies on 50 people or so.

RU is dead because it causes sides effects, and we don't know the long term effects so you take risks which are unnecessary since we have better solutions now.

CB is better because you can use more and still have no sides so it is more effective than RU, but more expensive at the moment if bought from China. It is approved for kids for acne so its safe and has lots of human studies to back it up including the fact that all men maintained their hair throughout the studies.

Gram per gram RU is more potent because it works also systemically - it is not a pure topical anti androgen, it does block DHT and T coming back to the follicles from the blood stream in addition to the topical effect, while CB is a pure topical with no systemic effect so you may need more CB.

I used RU for 9 years and CB for 1.5 and can attest that CB works as good for maintenance but without the sides, provided you have the budget for 200mg a day, or 100mg if you are a good responder to minoxidil as well.

Most guys here cannot afford that hence the somewhat poor results compared to the studies, and RU.

My sides on RU were erection issues and a numb dick. Some reported gyno, brain fog etc.. and of course we don't have and never will have more safety studies available, so the risk is not worth it anymore.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Anagen follicles increased an average of 88% with finasteride and 103% with RU (5%) and growth of vellus follicles to terminal size was 12% with finasteride , and 26% with RU (5%)."

This is quoted from a study done on macaques not humans. There was never any long term human RU studies - or studies comparing RU to finasteride in humans.

Only two short 3 months studies on 50 people or so.

RU is dead because it causes sides effects, and we don't know the long term effects so you take risks which are unnecessary since we have better solutions now.

CB is better because you can use more and still have no sides so it is more effective than RU, but more expensive at the moment if bought from China. It is approved for kids for acne so its safe and has lots of human studies to back it up including the fact that all men maintained their hair throughout the studies.

Gram per gram RU is more potent because it works also systemically - it is not a pure topical anti androgen, it does block DHT and T coming back to the follicles from the blood stream in addition to the topical effect, while CB is a pure topical with no systemic effect so you may need more CB.

I used RU for 9 years and CB for 1.5 and can attest that CB works as good for maintenance but without the sides, provided you have the budget for 200mg a day, or 100mg if you are a good responder to minoxidil as well.

Most guys here cannot afford that hence the somewhat poor results compared to the studies, and RU.

My sides on RU were erection issues and a numb dick. Some reported gyno, brain fog etc.. and of course we don't have and never will have more safety studies available, so the risk is not worth it anymore.
How much cost 100mg of CB and why is this so expansive?

el_duterino

Reaction score
It is harder/costlier to make in China - RU is cheaper to make, this was what Kane wrote once.
100mg may work if you have very short hair. Hair length is a big factor too here,and scalp porosity

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering that RU is said to be at least as strong as finasteride in the trials that were done, and CB is not, I wouldn't call RU pathetic.

“PSK 3841 ProSkelia partnering opportunity, Worldwide Partners are sought by ProSkelia for the development of PSK 3841, Neil Brown, Vice President of Licensing and Acquisitions at ProSkelia, announced during a presentation at BioSquare PSK 3841, a nonsteroidal antiandrogen, has completed phase IIa trials for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia and a clinical proof-of-concept study to reduce sebum flow and secretion in patients with acne. Six months of treatment with PSK- 3481 demonstrated equivalent or better net hair growth compared with finasteride”

Another study:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/treatments/ru58841/

Yeah but f*** all that. Real world results from numerous people conclude that at best, RU may slow down their hair loss, a few manage to stop it and almost no one gets any kind of significant regrowth or cosmetic improvement, certainly nothing like what is posted in those studies. At 100 mg daily, it does not stop my hair loss. Therefore, I am going to call it pathetic and anything else that doesn't even manage to achieve maintenance in this day and age.