Testosterone In Scalp Increases 104%(!) For 0,5 Mg Dutasteride

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It really is important because throwing the kitchen sink at things can cause AR upregulation. One step at a time.
Dude upregulation is a week process.... All people claiming upregulation destroyed their hair are either who stopped their treatment midway or suffered from increase in test... There is no proven theory that finasteride or dutasteride can cause upregulation

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude upregulation is a week process.... All people claiming upregulation destroyed their hair are either who stopped their treatment midway or suffered from increase in test... There is no proven theory that finasteride or dutasteride can cause upregulation
Well Bryan believed in it so that's enough proof for me

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Bryan believed in it so that's enough proof for me
So u r saying if upregulation happens it's game over... I'm not being sarcastic here... I'm asking cz I wanna knw... I mean can't antiandrogens work for upregulation

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
So u r saying if upregulation happens it's game over... I'm not being sarcastic here... I'm asking cz I wanna knw... I mean can't antiandrogens work for upregulation
No I am not saying that it is game over. I am just saying that it is a real phenomenon and that one should be cautious when changing their regimen. Generally speaking, antiandrogens will help to combat or avoid upregulation. Finasteride and dutasteride are not "true" antiandrogens as their mechanism is not directly related to antagonizing the AR. A lot of people assume that dutasteride will always prevent further hair loss, yet we see some examples of some out there who lose more ground on it. Individuals in that situation would be better off looking into a topical antiandrogen or improving their minoxidil regimen.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I am not saying that it is game over. I am just saying that it is a real phenomenon and that one should be cautious when changing their regimen. Generally speaking, antiandrogens will help to combat or avoid upregulation. Finasteride and dutasteride are not "true" antiandrogens as their mechanism is not directly related to antagonizing the AR. A lot of people assume that dutasteride will always prevent further hair loss, yet we see some examples of some out there who lose more ground on it. Individuals in that situation would be better off looking into a topical antiandrogen or improving their minoxidil regimen.
Thanks bro... Actually even I'm losing ground on treatments... Whenever I take even a single tablet of dutastetide or finasteride I shed crazy hair ... I don't know whether it's cause of hormonal imbalance or another issue... Even 2mg of estrogen tabs gave me frontal shed

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks bro... Actually even I'm losing ground on treatments... Whenever I take even a single tablet of dutastetide or finasteride I shed crazy hair ... I don't know whether it's cause of hormonal imbalance or another issue... Even 2mg of estrogen tabs gave me frontal shed
What is your hair loss regimen timeline and history?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your hair loss regimen timeline and history?
Bro to begin with.. I started with dutasteride and minoxidil...first six months everything went well... Hairloss had completely stopped... But after six months I started getting this itching.. Shedding... Tingles etc... My scalp got greasy... I thought it's better to stop dutasteride nd continued only with minoxidil... After some months I started dutasteride again... @0.5 mg i again faced the same side effects but surprisingly at.25mg i didn't get any itchingf r tingles... Then I came across RH in the forum nd decided to take estrogen as I read the it downregulates the receptors..I took 1mg estro nd I got the same itching nd tingles.... I was devasted... I didn't knw wht to do... Again I quit... Then after a month I tried again this time I didn't get any tingles.... Weird right?... I used it for a month and left.. Currently I'm only on minoxdil that's all

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro to begin with.. I started with dutasteride and minoxidil...first six months everything went well... Hairloss had completely stopped... But after six months I started getting this itching.. Shedding... Tingles etc... My scalp got greasy... I thought it's better to stop dutasteride nd continued only with minoxidil... After some months I started dutasteride again... @0.5 mg i again faced the same side effects but surprisingly at.25mg i didn't get any itchingf r tingles... Then I came across RH in the forum nd decided to take estrogen as I read the it downregulates the receptors..I took 1mg estro nd I got the same itching nd tingles.... I was devasted... I didn't knw wht to do... Again I quit... Then after a month I tried again this time I didn't get any tingles.... Weird right?... I used it for a month and left.. Currently I'm only on minoxdil that's all
It sounds familiar. I tried dutasteride for about 6 months and dropped it because of all of the same reasons.

Hmm.. how long were you on estrogen for? It seems that 2-6mg is the standard dose. I don't have experience with estrogen, except for bi-estro, but it is a very low topical dose and I did not get any results or sides from it. I am guessing you were either not on estrogen long enough, or changed the regimen very quickly and suddenly, or 1mg is just not enough to make hair gains.

After losing ground on dutasteride, I let that clear my system and have been back on finasteride for a few months, and have seen some improvements, hopefully back to baseline soon. I have been taking oral minoxidil for quite a while and it is definitely a powerful treatment. You could also consider needling and doing tretinoin if you want to stick with the topical minoxidil. RU is also helpful, but it is expensive and has a very short half life, so it needs to be used twice a day for optimal results.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds familiar. I tried dutasteride for about 6 months and dropped it because of all of the same reasons.

Hmm.. how long were you on estrogen for? It seems that 2-6mg is the standard dose. I don't have experience with estrogen, except for bi-estro, but it is a very low topical dose and I did not get any results or sides from it. I am guessing you were either not on estrogen long enough, or changed the regimen very quickly and suddenly, or 1mg is just not enough to make hair gains.

After losing ground on dutasteride, I let that clear my system and have been back on finasteride for a few months, and have seen some improvements, hopefully back to baseline soon. I have been taking oral minoxidil for quite a while and it is definitely a powerful treatment. You could also consider needling and doing tretinoin if you want to stick with the topical minoxidil. RU is also helpful, but it is expensive and has a very short half life, so it needs to be used twice a day for optimal results.
Do u think going back on finasteride would help?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do u think going back on finasteride would help?
It is possible. Apparently finasteride and dutasteride operate a bit differently, and depending on your genes you may respond to one and not the other. The user Experimentality expanded on this before. For me, it's not that finasteride is "the game changer", but it's strong enough to maintain my hair, but not so strong that I get RH badly like on dutasteride. The itching and tingling I had on dutasteride became intolerable, I was scratching all the time, and it got so bad that I started shampooing with keto 2% twice a day just to keep the oils down. Since starting finasteride again, I have had quite a shed in terms of what I see down the drain, but I know that it is working because there are hairs re-sprouting on the scalp, and as I said my hair is visibly improving again. My itches are very rare now and the oil is under control too. I suspect I will be back at baseline in a few more months.

I seriously recommend you also enhance your minoxidil treatment, whether it is increasing it to twice daily, needling, tretinoin, and/or oral. Some have gotten great results from that. Topical liquid minoxidil was counterproductive for me because the PG in it inflamed my scalp. Foam does not have PG and I did a little better on that, but there is no comparison to oral. Can't beat the convenience. But I also under stand the side effect profile is not worth the risk for some people, namely if you have a heart issue or are on other blood pressure meds.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is possible. Apparently finasteride and dutasteride operate a bit differently, and depending on your genes you may respond to one and not the other. The user Experimentality expanded on this before. For me, it's not that finasteride is "the game changer", but it's strong enough to maintain my hair, but not so strong that I get RH badly like on dutasteride. The itching and tingling I had on dutasteride became intolerable, I was scratching all the time, and it got so bad that I started shampooing with keto 2% twice a day just to keep the oils down. Since starting finasteride again, I have had quite a shed in terms of what I see down the drain, but I know that it is working because there are hairs re-sprouting on the scalp, and as I said my hair is visibly improving again. My itches are very rare now and the oil is under control too. I suspect I will be back at baseline in a few more months.

I seriously recommend you also enhance your minoxidil treatment, whether it is increasing it to twice daily, needling, tretinoin, and/or oral. Some have gotten great results from that. Topical liquid minoxidil was counterproductive for me because the PG in it inflamed my scalp. Foam does not have PG and I did a little better on that, but there is no comparison to oral. Can't beat the convenience. But I also under stand the side effect profile is not worth the risk for some people, namely if you have a heart issue or are on other blood pressure meds.
Thank you bro... It was really helpful I'll visit my derm again nd I'll ask for finasteride prescription... Maintainance is enough for me.. In India we don't have oral minoxidil... I'll try needling do u think using 10% minoxidil would help?.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you bro... It was really helpful I'll visit my derm again nd I'll ask for finasteride prescription... Maintainance is enough for me.. In India we don't have oral minoxidil... I'll try needling do u think using 10% minoxidil would help?.
That sounds like a good starting point. You can also use keto shampoo to help calm your scalp down if you already aren't. If you don't get the results you want within 6 months, re-evaluate and consider RU or topical bica. Also, keep in mind that some users have drank a couple drops of minoxidil in case you really want to try oral. But if you are doing topical, I advise foam twice daily. There are different methods to needling. Some people needle more aggressively but less frequently, and it seems to be good for slick bald areas. But areas that are not slick bald may benefit more from a gentler and slightly more frequent needling.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like a good starting point. You can also use keto shampoo to help calm your scalp down if you already aren't. If you don't get the results you want within 6 months, re-evaluate and consider RU or topical bica. Also, keep in mind that some users have drank a couple drops of minoxidil in case you really want to try oral. But if you are doing topical, I advise foam twice daily. There are different methods to needling. Some people needle more aggressively but less frequently, and it seems to be good for slick bald areas. But areas that are not slick bald may benefit more from a gentler and slightly more frequent needling.
Thank you bro.. Will keep u updated.. Cheers!!

Maxypooo123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thought test had no effect on hair loss. Those Dominicans that lack DHT all have normal T levels and no hairloss. There was a study done that T actually has little to no effect on male pattern baldness.

Maxypooo123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A "real" phenomenon ? Lol k. Nah it's not real, it's bro science. Just cause some guy at a hairlossforum said so doesn't mean it's true. You'd think if there was verifiable "up regulation" of AR, even in whatever small percentage of users who use dutasteride/finasteride, to the point where it causes terrible hairloss/acne/"itch" there is one case of it increasing someone's prostate size. Unsurprising, there isn't.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm

Hmm dutasteride removed my itch and scalp pain and shedding less. But im still balding but it has helped at least. You guys probably got fake sh*t.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
A "real" phenomenon ? Lol k. Nah it's not real, it's bro science. Just cause some guy at a hairlossforum said so doesn't mean it's true. You'd think if there was verifiable "up regulation" of AR, even in whatever small percentage of users who use dutasteride/finasteride, to the point where it causes terrible hairloss/acne/"itch" there is one case of it increasing someone's prostate size. Unsurprising, there isn't.
You are disagreeing with reality. You cannot refute my own results either. As a matter of fact, Bryan even supported the upregulation theory since decades ago. Science only validates already existing phenomena. No one said it is common either. Also, apparently you don't understand that different genes are expressed differently whether it is in the follicle or prostate or wherever - by your logic, all bald men would have prostate cancer! Get your facts straight.