Taking the plunge. Advice appreciated - Oral minoxidil

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the consensus on consuming topical Minoxidil sublingually versus drinking it in water? I've done it both ways, and the same number of drops (usually 5) packs a way bigger punch with the sides sublingually than if I drink the same amount. Is there evidence that the topical is partially deactivated in the gut? Please chime in with your opinion and with details of your experience doing this.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the consensus on consuming topical Minoxidil sublingually versus drinking it in water? I've done it both ways, and the same number of drops (usually 5) packs a way bigger punch with the sides sublingually than if I drink the same amount. Is there evidence that the topical is partially deactivated in the gut? Please chime in with your opinion and with details of your experience doing this.

No idea

Update: My eye lashes are starting to get scary long

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
go drink bleach mixed with acid you bald white trash f***!
What an ugly response -- not a caring one like "Dude, you really shouldn't be doing that." Like spring15, I've done my research and determined that this is safe based on the actual ingredients of the topical solution (Minoxidil, alcohol, and PG). Drinking bleach is something entirely different.

So what if spring is a "bald white trash f***". He is an active contributor to this board and I have no reason not to like him.

Please limit your comments to constructive contributions.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
What an ugly response -- not a caring one like "Dude, you really shouldn't be doing that." Like spring15, I've done my research and determined that this is safe based on the actual ingredients of the topical solution (Minoxidil, alcohol, and PG). Drinking bleach is something entirely different.

So what if spring is a "bald white trash f***". He is an active contributor to this board and I have no reason not to like him.

Please limit your comments to constructive contributions.

That user is just a "troll" , not even worth responding to. Thanks for coming to my defense however

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously would not do that. It was meant to be topical only. Get a doctor to prescribe legit oral minoxidil. I think if you use the topical foam twice daily you will be fine. The foam goes on fast and acts like a hair thickener mousse.
Telling someone to just "get" legit oral minoxidil from their doctor is like a guy with a full head of hair telling you just shave it bro.

Some of us are in non-free countries (Canada), most doctors don't view men's issues as legitimate and customs vigorously guards the gates. We have NO CHOICE but to drink the god damn stuff.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Telling someone to just "get" legit oral minoxidil from their doctor is like a guy with a full head of hair telling you just shave it bro.

Some of us are in non-free countries (Canada), most doctors don't view men's issues as legitimate and customs vigorously guards the gates. We have NO CHOICE but to drink the god damn stuff.
Cheers!

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some noticeable hair growing around the lower neck / shoulder area, upper arms & the full circumference of my wrists

Still enjoying much reduced shedding
Same here. Shoulders, biceps and heavy growth around wrists so that hair is beginning to connect all the way around. Super long and thick hairs on my fingers. I never had this before and I am loving it.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have little hairs sprouting around my cheekbones, oral minoxidil blows topical outta the water
bro i don't get it, the result we want is on the scalp! so you only get body hair growth? topical might be better

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro i don't get it, the result we want is on the scalp! so you only get body hair growth? topical might be better

I welcome the longer eye lashes. I'm not sure if there is scalp regrowth, my shedding has vastly decreased however which has never happened before

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some noticeable hair growing around the lower neck / shoulder area, upper arms & the full circumference of my wrists

Still enjoying much reduced shedding
similar here, except upper arms are still okay... also somehow hair growing on my forehead...
other than that, quite smooth...
actually wondering which dose is the best, or if it doesnt really matter like it is with topical...

Big A

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys! What do u experience side effect wise? Did your skin change in the Face/Body?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Three months in. Mild/moderate hypertrichosis, still much reduced shedding. No other side effects I've noticed. Will probably update again at month 5-6

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mix the minoxidil with water or it's just like that?
I'm just saying drinking it is the only way to get oral minoxidil in some place.

I personally don't drink it because I already know that minoxidil, oral or topical, is just a snake oil. At best, it grows some temporary cosmetically insignificant hair. It could be good for some guys who wish for more body hair.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just saying drinking it is the only way to get oral minoxidil in some place.

I personally don't drink it because I already know that minoxidil, oral or topical, is just a snake oil. At best, it grows some temporary cosmetically insignificant hair. It could be good for some guys who wish for more body hair.
It is working for body hair.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months in - at around 3.5 months I started to notice an increase in shedding unfortunately. It's now summer here & I'm sweating constantly so not sure if my increased body temperature has increased shedding