Taking RU for several months now. Great results.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a few months ago I made a post on how I was losing my hairline after 5 years of dutasteride. However I failed to mention I was very inconsistent with my daily intake for about a year. Well I got back to taking it daily but also added RU. Let me say my hairline has grown back and then some, I take RU twice a day. In the morning and at night. A common myth about RU is that it detoriates fast which is simply not true. I buy two premade bottles of RU at the beginning of the month. Last all month and im getting results. I know its the RU working because not even dutasteride has grown my hairline back like this. Also I leave the bottles at room temp. Putting them in the fridge cools the RU which is counter productive if you ask me. What does cold water do to the pores? It tightens them. So rubbing cold RU on my scalp doesnt seem to be the best idea.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great to hear man i'm also loosing my hairline on dutasteride but too afraid of using ru due to possible unknown sides / ar upregulation overtime etc but might pull the trigger soon. how many mg per day? thanks

one last thing , are you sure it's not the duta working and maintaining the harline alone or do you think you would keep on receeding on dutasteride alone and tht's really RU that's doing the big work now?

Last edited:

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great to hear man i'm also loosing my hairline on dutasteride but too afraid of using ru due to possible unknown sides / ar upregulation overtime etc but might pull the trigger soon. how many mg per day? thanks
I was afraid too. Had palpitations and heartburn the first day, but it was all nocebo. I now use 120-130 mg per day with no sides. It is a blessing in my opinion.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

one last thing , are you sure it's not the duta working and maintaining the harline alone or do you think you would keep on receeding on dutasteride alone and tht's really RU that's doing the big work now?
.5 mg dutasteride. 50 mg per RU usage maybe a bit more.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was afraid too. Had palpitations and heartburn the first day, but it was all nocebo. I now use 120-130 mg per day with no sides. It is a blessing in my opinion.
were you also not maintaining of finasteride or ut alone? and the thing i'm afraid of is that it's a long term commitment and who knows what could be the sides if the product accumulate in the system 5 years from now

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I think dutasteride is helping with regrowing my hairline to my previous state. But with RU its helping it expand.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a few months ago I made a post on how I was losing my hairline after 5 years of dutasteride. However I failed to mention I was very inconsistent with my daily intake for about a year. Well I got back to taking it daily but also added RU. Let me say my hairline has grown back and then some, I take RU twice a day. In the morning and at night. A common myth about RU is that it detoriates fast which is simply not true. I buy two premade bottles of RU at the beginning of the month. Last all month and im getting results. I know its the RU working because not even dutasteride has grown my hairline back like this. Also I leave the bottles at room temp. Putting them in the fridge cools the RU which is counter productive if you ask me. What does cold water do to the pores? It tightens them. So rubbing cold RU on my scalp doesnt seem to be the best idea.
Good to hear mate I just pulled the trigger on this stuff recently too so hoping for a bit of thickening how long before you noticed any results?
Interesting points on the closing of the pores but I’m sure someone much smarter than me would be able to debunk this as the general consensus of the community is: Liquid - fridge. Powder - freezer.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear mate I just pulled the trigger on this stuff recently too so hoping for a bit of thickening how long before you noticed any results?
Interesting points on the closing of the pores but I’m sure someone much smarter than me would be able to debunk this as the general consensus of the community is: Liquid - fridge. Powder - freezer.
Maybe derma rolling before application of RU then?

Last edited:

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
were you also not maintaining of finasteride or ut alone? and the thing i'm afraid of is that it's a long term commitment and who knows what could be the sides if the product accumulate in the system 5 years from now
Yes im maintaining with finasteride and Min. But I have kind of have an OCD like thought that I need to «kill» every androgen on the scalp. So you could say im psychologically addicted to RU.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes im maintaining with finasteride and Min. But I have kind of have an OCD like thought that I need to «kill» every androgen on the scalp. So you could say im psychologically addicted to RU.
thanks man i think i should man up and give it a go . the only thing that was maintaining my hairline was to overlaod on minoxidil ( 5-10ml per day) as dutasteride wasn't working.

the thing is that i live 1h30 from the doctor that was supervizing the old psk trial ( aka RU 58841) and i'm seriously considering seeing her to finally get some answer on the coumpound ( already phone called her but she was rude af and asn't willing to talk to someone who asn't on her patient list , she did told me not to touch any of the coumound we can get online tho and then to basically f*** off)

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man i think i should man up and give it a go . the only thing that was maintaining my hairline was to overlaod on minoxidil ( 5-10ml per day) as dutasteride wasn't working.

the thing is that i live 1h30 from the doctor that was supervizing the old psk trial ( aka RU 58841) and i'm seriously considering seeing her to finally get some answer on the coumpound ( already phone called her but she was rude af and asn't willing to talk to someone who asn't on her patient list , she did told me not to touch any of the coumound we can get online tho and then to basically f*** off)
I get mine from anagen inc. On the expensive side but I know what Im getting is legit. The doctor saying to stay away from online stuff is ridculous. How long were you on dutasteride before? And screw that doctor.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow, damn.. I would be forever grateful if you could get an answer from her!

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get mine from anagen inc. On the expensive side but I know what Im getting is legit. The doctor saying to stay away from online stuff is ridculous. How long were you on dutasteride before? And screw that doctor.
started balding in 2012 got on finasteride+ min right away when i was a solid nw1 and it din't worked stayed on it for 2.5 years then added dutasteride and stayed on it for 3 years ( still didn't work) then i gave up on hair and entering Norwood 3.5 / 4 territory now but i want to give it a last shot just to see if i can maintain and get a transplant before to give up for good

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
started balding in 2012 got on finasteride+ min right away when i was a solid nw1 and it din't worked stayed on it for 2.5 years then added dutasteride and stayed on it for 3 years ( still didn't work) then i gave up on hair and entering Norwood 3.5 / 4 territory now but i want to give it a last shot just to see if i can maintain and get a transplant before to give up for good
Sorry to hear brother. A Transplant is pretty much the endgame for all of us. As hairloss treatments only buy us time. Even transplants will need to be redone. But you will last a hell of a lot longer after one for sure.

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear brother. A Transplant is pretty much the endgame for all of us. As hairloss treatments only buy us time. Even transplants will need to be redone. But you will last a hell of a lot longer after one for sure.