Taking RU for several months now. Great results.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man i think i should man up and give it a go . the only thing that was maintaining my hairline was to overlaod on minoxidil ( 5-10ml per day) as dutasteride wasn't working.

the thing is that i live 1h30 from the doctor that was supervizing the old psk trial ( aka RU 58841) and i'm seriously considering seeing her to finally get some answer on the coumpound ( already phone called her but she was rude af and asn't willing to talk to someone who asn't on her patient list , she did told me not to touch any of the coumound we can get online tho and then to basically f*** off)
Haha that made me laugh man, just got to weigh up the pros and cons of adding it to your regimen and see if you want to take the risk really.
Sorry to hear brother. A Transplant is pretty much the endgame for all of us. As hairloss treatments only buy us time. Even transplants will need to be redone. But you will last a hell of a lot longer after one for sure.
Honestly transplant was a game changer for me I’d lost a lot of ground at my temples and most people don’t think I’m losing my hair now

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha that made me laugh man, just got to weigh up the pros and cons of adding it to your regimen and see if you want to take the risk really.

Honestly transplant was a game changer for me I’d lost a lot of ground at my temples and most people don’t think I’m losing my hair now
Yes it will last a very long time. But you will eventually need to have it redone. Matthew Mcconaughey is a good example of that.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it will last a very long time. But you will eventually need to have it redone. Matthew Mcconaughey is a good example of that.
Yeah course, I mean once you start with hairloss you’re only really delaying the inevitable it’s just how long for.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man i think i should man up and give it a go . the only thing that was maintaining my hairline was to overlaod on minoxidil ( 5-10ml per day) as dutasteride wasn't working.

the thing is that i live 1h30 from the doctor that was supervizing the old psk trial ( aka RU 58841) and i'm seriously considering seeing her to finally get some answer on the coumpound ( already phone called her but she was rude af and asn't willing to talk to someone who asn't on her patient list , she did told me not to touch any of the coumound we can get online tho and then to basically f*** off)
The whole forum would be forever grateful if you would visit the doctor man!

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole forum would be forever grateful if you would visit the doctor man!
i'll try after the lockdown but the thing is that i suffer from far worst physical issues than hairloss and that's a long drive from my place but i swear i'l try

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics? Honestly I can’t believe anything anymore without pics.

Not saying RU doesn’t work but I’ve been using 40 mg/day for the last 7 months and haven’t seen any improvement.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear brother. A Transplant is pretty much the endgame for all of us. As hairloss treatments only buy us time. Even transplants will need to be redone. But you will last a hell of a lot longer after one for sure.
And then you died

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not saying RU doesn’t work but I’ve been using 40 mg/day for the last 7 months and haven’t seen any improvement.

What are you using with it? I'm on 5 months and seeing a little progress.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not saying RU doesn’t work but I’ve been using 40 mg/day for the last 7 months and haven’t seen any improvement
I just added it to liquid min.

You use 40 mg a day while I use at least 100 mg a day. 50 mg or a little more in the morning and late evening. I also really rub it in.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a few months ago I made a post on how I was losing my hairline after 5 years of dutasteride. However I failed to mention I was very inconsistent with my daily intake for about a year. Well I got back to taking it daily but also added RU. Let me say my hairline has grown back and then some, I take RU twice a day. In the morning and at night. A common myth about RU is that it detoriates fast which is simply not true. I buy two premade bottles of RU at the beginning of the month. Last all month and im getting results. I know its the RU working because not even dutasteride has grown my hairline back like this. Also I leave the bottles at room temp. Putting them in the fridge cools the RU which is counter productive if you ask me. What does cold water do to the pores? It tightens them. So rubbing cold RU on my scalp doesnt seem to be the best idea.
Do you get it in PG or the KB solution? 5%?

jazz1

Reaction score
So a few months ago I made a post on how I was losing my hairline after 5 years of dutasteride. However I failed to mention I was very inconsistent with my daily intake for about a year. Well I got back to taking it daily but also added RU. Let me say my hairline has grown back and then some, I take RU twice a day. In the morning and at night. A common myth about RU is that it detoriates fast which is simply not true. I buy two premade bottles of RU at the beginning of the month. Last all month and im getting results. I know its the RU working because not even dutasteride has grown my hairline back like this. Also I leave the bottles at room temp. Putting them in the fridge cools the RU which is counter productive if you ask me. What does cold water do to the pores? It tightens them. So rubbing cold RU on my scalp doesnt seem to be the best idea.
Premade? That from Kane Anagen Inc, KB solution? What strenght are you using as 5% gave me sides years back but that did work.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Always KB 5% solution. What's the difference between PG and KB? Also is 8% better instead of 5%?
Lol thanks partner :cool:

I haven't tried RU yet, I'm considering it. I've heard a lot of people use PG but not as often with KB. I guess PG is what's in minoxidil and some people react to it with itching. I have heard 8% is more likely to cause side effects.

jazz1

Reaction score
Lol thanks partner :cool:

I haven't tried RU yet, I'm considering it. I've heard a lot of people use PG but not as often with KB. I guess PG is what's in minoxidil and some people react to it with itching. I have heard 8% is more likely to cause side effects.

KB works as when I used Anagen Inc 5% KB premixed RU58841 I had side effects and my scalp itch subsided.....

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great to hear man i'm also loosing my hairline on dutasteride but too afraid of using ru due to possible unknown sides / ar upregulation overtime etc but might pull the trigger soon. how many mg per day? thanks

one last thing , are you sure it's not the duta working and maintaining the harline alone or do you think you would keep on receeding on dutasteride alone and tht's really RU that's doing the big work now?

Man this is so true, the unknown of AR upregulation is the reason I don't want to touch any androgen receptor antagonists.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did pretty much nothing for me 1.5 to 2 years in 3.5g minoxidil twice a day and taking daily finasteride. Dropped it to save money.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zetta, how many ML each application are you applying? Like 3 ml in the AM and 3 more ml in the PM?