Surprising Update On Hanson & Wong. Could Be Nice!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy crap these are exelent results! Why haven't more people tried this? I'm definitely going to see my doctor to get a prescription for this. That is some serious regrowth.
because of the risk of hepatotoxicity I guess . If I am not mistaken this form goes more systematic. . Maybe it can be good for temples or reduced areas but I can't imagine someone with diffuse applying the cream all over the scalp every day long term

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
because of the risk of hepatotoxicity I guess . If I am not mistaken this form goes more systematic. . Maybe it can be good for temples or reduced areas but I can't imagine someone with diffuse applying the cream all over the scalp every day long term
If you are talking about Ketoconazole, no, it don't go systemic. There are actually and study using the 2% gel topical ( not shampoo ) and then they check it for the drug in blood. Google it.

I personal use none stop keto plus minoxidil, in a same lotion, for more than 15 years ago. No side effects. While Duta and Finas ( using also for tons of years, do gave me sides )

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
"
This study found that the topical use of Sebazole 2% Gel for short periods for seborrheic dermatitis did not result in significant systemic availability of the active ingredient Ketoconazole. That is it was hard to detect the ketoconazole in the blood after the gel was applied to the skin.

An open-label study to evaluate the systemic absorption of ketoconazole in subjects applying ketoconazole USP 2% topical gel for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, Vera Van de Velde, PhD, Princeton, NJ, United States; Charles Barranco, Brian Beger, Barrier Therapeutics, Princeton, NJ, United States

Methods: The systemic absorption of ketoconazole from ketoconazole USP 2% topical gel was evaluated in subjects with severe seborrheic dermatitis who applied the gel once daily for 2 weeks. Blood was sampled serially after 1 and 2 weeks of treatment, and ketoconazole plasma concentrations were determined by LC-MS/MS, with a LLOQ of 0.1 ng/mL. At Days 0, 7 and 15, clinical laboratory samples were collected and the percent body surface area affected (BSA) was estimated. Medication usage was assessed by weighing the tubes before and after dispensing. Adverse events were recorded.

Results: 18 subjects (10 male, 8 female) of various ethnicity completed the trial. Mean age was 45 years (19-70 years). Median total amount of gel applied was 4.6 g (range 1.65-46.3 g), equivalent to 91 mg (range 33-1389 mg) ketoconazole. The daily amount applied remained fairly constant. Mean BSA was 3.8% (1.0-14.0%) at baseline, 3.1% (0.3-14.0%) at Day 7 and 2.2% (0.0-14.0%) at Day 15. By Day 15, BSA declined . 50% in 14 subjects, 3 of whom had 0% BSA. In 1 subject ketoconazole plasma concentrations remained below the quantification limit throughout both sampling periods. In the others, quantifiable but very low plasma concentrations were seen at some or all sampling times. Median trough and peak plasma levels fluctuated between 0.22 and 0.52 ng/mL on Day 7 and between 0.21 and 0.52 ng/mL on Day 14. Median Tmax was 8 hours on Day 7 and 7 hours on Day 14. AUCt ranged between , 2.4 and 197 ng.h/mL and between , 2.4 and 117 ng.h/mL on Day 7 and 14, respectively. Clinical lab results were unremarkable. Only 1 adverse event, mild facial swelling, was reported. No deaths or serious adverse events occurred.

Conclusions: Subjects with severe seborrheic dermatitis who apply ketoconazole USP 2% topical gel once daily for 2 weeks to affected areas have limited systemic absorption of ketoconazole. These results agree with results from studies of other topical ketoconazole formulations where levels were non-quantifiable when less sensitive assays (LLOQ 1-5 ng/mL) were used. The median Cmax and AUC were 6700 and 1700 times lower than values reported after oral dosing of 200 mg ketoconazole. In the subject with the highest ketoconazole levels, Cmax and AUC were still 250 and 75 times lower than after 200 mg orally."

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could this be obtained through a prescription and compounded into a lotion at a compounding pharmacy or do you guys think a doctor would crap on the idea?

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
I've tried KCZ cream on my temples before, didn't seem to do anything so I didn't keep with it. I should note that I'm not on any other drugs. Never been on finasteride or min.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried KCZ cream on my temples before, didn't seem to do anything so I didn't keep with it. I should note that I'm not on any other drugs. Never been on finasteride or min.
It depend what do you mean but "doing anything " . If what you was looking is regrowth hair in the dead zone of the already receding hair line and turn you into a norwood zero, that aint going to happen , even if you remove your testicles or even with 2.5mg of dutasteride daily .

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depend what do you mean but "doing anything " . If what you was looking is regrowth hair in the dead zone of the already receding hair line and turn you into a norwood zero, that aint going to happen , even if you remove your testicles or even with 2.5mg of dutasteride daily .

yep unhappily for those with receiding hairline("classic" norwood pattern) it's always difficult to regrow hairs. But for those with kind of diffuse.. why not_
as I can buy this over the counter , I'm tempted to try this just on my temples where there are few survivors .
My shedding is quite under control so If something happens I will see it ..
Btw I like the fact that "No deaths or serious adverse events occurred" :D

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I received my Hasson & Wong in the mail this week. I'll be starting to apply on Monday.

I had them make a custom of 1% instead of 2.5% as I noted in their study one subject still saw 55% DHT reduction - I think this will mitigate that possibility.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the kcz cream

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it make sense to use this Hanson & Wong topical in conjunction with oral finasteride?

No sides on finasteride so far and I'm looking into adding a topical atm...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it make sense to use this Hanson & Wong topical in conjunction with oral finasteride?

No sides on finasteride so far and I'm looking into adding a topical atm...

omg. Simple go for dutasteride, or simple remove your testicles. You are already systemic reducing 70 % of the most stronger male hormone, what is worst, you are also inhibiting brain hormones cause the reductase works in many reaction . Sooner or later , if you already don't have it, you will have, in best case scenario, estrogen dominance.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update -

I bought a 1% solution for roughly 200 cdn. The Pump comes with 100 doses. I've been using the solution for a little over a week now every other day application focusing on the thinnest parts (I'm diffuse). Today I started seeing watery ejaculate and my erection felt slightly weaker. However neither were to the degree I had experienced with the oral. What this does tell me is that at the very least some is going systemic so a 1% solution with every other day use is not too weak. I should then theoretically see results. It also tells me that the topical seems to have widely variable affects on its users.

I recovered from a months use of finasteride a year ago - it took me about 8 weeks to get back to 90%, the other 10% was probably psychological and just came back with time. I'm going to stick out this topical for at least another week and continue to watch the sexual side effects. If they plateau at what they are now then I'll consider continuing to use the cream for at least three months. I might also consider taking Creatine as I'm an avid weightlifter and have been holding off due to a couple studies that suggested it increases DHT.