SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS FOR GRAY HAIR?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
go and see a doctor or possibly a dietician

Stacey1968

Reaction score
I was at the health food store recently buying "Biotin" (for hair growth) when the owner told me (as it also says on the bottle) helps to prevent grey hair growth? Cannot commit to this, as I don't know, just sharing..........

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought this: Anti Gray Hair 7050 Max Strength. a month's supply. i will try this as i'm curious. it has biotin, zinc,& other stuff I it. i'm also skeptical. I won't buy any more if i see no results after a month.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
Grey hair, as baldness, is 100% genetically determined. You've just wasted your money.
And you know that because you are old enough to have gray hair or you did a scientific research on the topic?
maybe finasteride or minoxidil help with gray hair aren't you going to recommend them!

According to some recent research production of catalase ensim in the body is reduced with aging, supplementing your diet with foods that are rich in catalyse can potentially slow down the gray hair and even reverse some gray hairs over a long period of time.
There are supplements that have catalase in a mixture with other vitamins but the effect can be seen only over long period of time. Due to price and long period they have to be taken it is a waiste of money when you can simply eat more potatoes (skip the French fries )

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
And you know that because you are old enough to have gray hair or you did a scientific research on the topic?
maybe finasteride or minoxidil help with gray hair aren't you going to recommend them!

According to some recent research production of catalase ensim in the body is reduced with aging, supplementing your diet with foods that are rich in catalyse can potentially slow down the gray hair and even reverse some gray hairs over a long period of time.
There are supplements that have catalase in a mixture with other vitamins but the effect can be seen only over long period of time. Due to price and long period they have to be taken it is a waiste of money when you can simply eat more potatoes (skip the French fries )
ya that's the idea behind tis stuff & that's why I bought it. I really never fully bought into the idea though.

- - - Updated - - -

Grey hair, as baldness, is 100% genetically determined. You've just wasted your money.
it was only $9.00 a far cry from the bogus hair growing "treatments" i bought into when losing my hair years ago. even if they really worked, just for men is still a lot cheaper.....

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't you just dye it?

Doesn't seem like a difficult problem to overcome.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is weird but i have been taking Biotin because my Dr wants me too..I have few greys but i dye my hair so dont car..im over do getting it dyed because started a medicated shampoo etc so my roots came in ..i have one Just one strand of grey hair that is a dark root..Its only one out of the bunch of grey i have...Its so weird probably just a coincidence it it happens to more i will let you guys know..but seriously just dye hair they have fantastic colors now. safe etc because if it is the biotin I'm taking it only effected one strand.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm able to get/maintain a full head of hair until my hair turns grey, I'm actually really looking forward to being the dude with a full, grey mane.

Full head of grey hair is a great look on a man who is otherwise aging well (fit, decent skin, etc)....the perfect combination of wisdom, experience, and enduring youth