SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS FOR GRAY HAIR? | HairLossTalk Forums

SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS FOR GRAY HAIR?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Toppers, Extensions, Hair Systems for Women' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE....

2. gonna_win

gonna_win Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    go and see a doctor or possibly a dietician

3. maintainence1

maintainence1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't use Melancor. It's definately a scam. I made the mistake of trying it out, unfortunately

4. Stacey1968

Stacey1968 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was at the health food store recently buying "Biotin" (for hair growth) when the owner told me (as it also says on the bottle) helps to prevent grey hair growth? Cannot commit to this, as I don't know, just sharing..........

5. saturnsc2

saturnsc2 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought this: Anti Gray Hair 7050 Max Strength. a month's supply. i will try this as i'm curious. it has biotin, zinc,& other stuff I it. i'm also skeptical. I won't buy any more if i see no results after a month.

6. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Grey hair, as baldness, is 100% genetically determined. You've just wasted your money.

7. diablodh

diablodh Banned

Dislikes Received:
    And you know that because you are old enough to have gray hair or you did a scientific research on the topic?
    maybe finasteride or minoxidil help with gray hair aren't you going to recommend them!

According to some recent research production of catalase ensim in the body is reduced with aging, supplementing your diet with foods that are rich in catalyse can potentially slow down the gray hair and even reverse some gray hairs over a long period of time.
    There are supplements that have catalase in a mixture with other vitamins but the effect can be seen only over long period of time. Due to price and long period they have to be taken it is a waiste of money when you can simply eat more potatoes (skip the French fries )

8. saturnsc2

saturnsc2 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    ya that's the idea behind tis stuff & that's why I bought it. I really never fully bought into the idea though.

- - - Updated - - -

it was only $9.00 a far cry from the bogus hair growing "treatments" i bought into when losing my hair years ago. even if they really worked, just for men is still a lot cheaper.....

9. jamie232

jamie232 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know of any either. Can't you just dye it if you don't like it?

10. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You keep insisting that we have no control over anything. I guess that absolves you of any responsibility for your own situation, and makes you feel better about letting yourself go. It's just not true though. There are many things that cause gray hair, from stress to hypothyroidism, to adrenal fatigue. I have personal experience with it. When I was 23 I underwent a very stressful period, and quickly developed a lot of gray hair all over my head. My life became less stressful, and by the time I was 26 I didn't have a single gray hair.

11. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can't you just dye it?

Doesn't seem like a difficult problem to overcome.

kj6723 likes this.
  12. Hairtalk4u

Hairtalk4u New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi you can try taking some copper supplement it might help with your grey hair issue

13. hairblues

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This is weird but i have been taking Biotin because my Dr wants me too..I have few greys but i dye my hair so dont car..im over do getting it dyed because started a medicated shampoo etc so my roots came in ..i have one Just one strand of grey hair that is a dark root..Its only one out of the bunch of grey i have...Its so weird probably just a coincidence it it happens to more i will let you guys know..but seriously just dye hair they have fantastic colors now. safe etc because if it is the biotin I'm taking it only effected one strand.

14. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's a lot easier to pop a pill than it is to dye your hair. Especially when your hair grows fast, and you keep it short.

15. kj6723

kj6723 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If I'm able to get/maintain a full head of hair until my hair turns grey, I'm actually really looking forward to being the dude with a full, grey mane.

Full head of grey hair is a great look on a man who is otherwise aging well (fit, decent skin, etc)....the perfect combination of wisdom, experience, and enduring youth