Success - 5 Months of Minoxidil and Finasteride on Hair Line

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Photo on 2013-10-25 at 11.56.jpgFriday October 25, 2013. 11 months into 5% foam and 2.5 months back into propecia and ziroral.

- - - Updated - - -

Photo on 2013-10-25 at 11.56.jpgFriday October 25, 2013. 11 months into 5% foam and 2.5 months back into propecia and ziroral.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Disregard my last post the shed continues.. Even though this page has been put on he success stories im beginning to grow concerned. Today marks 3 months on propecia (I buy genetic finasteride and pay $100 for 3 months) and I just started noticing diffuse in the middle of my scalp between my hairline and crown. Could this be a result of the finasteride? It was a little thinner before but never transparent..

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
I use Kirkland 5% Foam. I get 6 months for 60 online or else I would go with Rogaine, its more of just a costs thing though im very pleased with the results.

I went to pick up my new batch of propecia but my doctor has taken me off so I was unable to get any. Im in a new city so i should be able to get a update at the local clinic but it may take a couple of weeks. Is this going to ruin what i've gained? Its only been 3 months..

effyouprostate

Reaction score
Notice any physicals sides from finasteride? Burning sensation in your hair? Itchiness? Tingling sensations?Increased libido? I found with propecia, I wasn't reacting well with me after 6+ months and i fit the same profile as a person with reflex hyperandrogenicity. I dont want to worry you as it might not apply in your case but maybe that was the problem. If you do get some more finasteride, i would suggest cutting the dose down by half (0.5mg) per day so your body isn't constantly trying to produce androgens to make up for the loss by the medication. I dont think 1mg propecia daily is meant for everyone from what i've read on forums, you have to find what the amount that works for you to not exacerbate the problem.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Notice any physicals sides from finasteride? Burning sensation in your hair? Itchiness? Tingling sensations?Increased libido? I found with propecia, I wasn't reacting well with me after 6+ months and i fit the same profile as a person with reflex hyperandrogenicity. I dont want to worry you as it might not apply in your case but maybe that was the problem. If you do get some more finasteride, i would suggest cutting the dose down by half (0.5mg) per day so your body isn't constantly trying to produce androgens to make up for the loss by the medication. I dont think 1mg propecia daily is meant for everyone from what i've read on forums, you have to find what the amount that works for you to not exacerbate the problem.

Whoops I did mean 0.5. I haven't noticed to much. Increased libido is something I have noticed but very barely, but I can't say for sure that it is propecia. I get my prescription renewed today thank goodness. Ive been doubling up on 2% nizoral while ive been out.

dzeris

Reaction score
There's no evidence that SP works anything like finasteride... Besides, if you're in the UK, you can get a year's worth of finasteride for £6 from Superdrug or Boots if you have a prescription and don't mind generic medication.

How did you get for £6? im getting from Boots too but i pay £30 a month

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Heres a quick update for you all. I've been on minoxidil foam now for a year (only on hairline) and have been using propecia once again for the last 4 and a half months. I feel like my decision to start using propecia again, especially having been on minoxidil for 9, has really helped boost the results from the foam.
Photo on 2013-12-05 at 23.14 #5.jpg

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, great results, any update?

How are you applying the foam? Are you still using liquid at nights?

souvignon

Reaction score
i just started using finasteride for a week
i didn't get morning erection, my libido decreased
is this normal ?
or i have to stop using this and change with saw palmetto ?

really need some help :sobbing:

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Hey man, great results, any update?

How are you applying the foam? Are you still using liquid at nights?

Not much of a change since my last post; though I do feel that i'm gaining growth on the top of my scalp. I cant really see as much skin as I did a month ago but at the same time it could because my hair is getting longer than I usually have it. The shed I mentioned in my last few post has also seemed to have slowed down; i'm now on month 5 and i've read about the shed only lasting 3-4 months.

I still use the foam usually once a day at night and twice a day weekends (I don't want my hair to look greesy in the morning during classes), since i've stopped shaving my head I find the liquid causes my hair to look gross and greesy. I'd highly recommend getting foam on ebay. I get 6 months from Kirkland for about $70 Canadian.

- - - Updated - - -

i just started using finasteride for a week
i didn't get morning erection, my libido decreased
is this normal ?
or i have to stop using this and change with saw palmetto ?

really need some help :sobbing:

I'm not 100% sure. I'd recommend consulting with a doctor with a question like this. From my personal experience with finasteride I didn't notice many changes, if anything my libido increased, but not right away. The first time I took finasteride before stopping for however many months I did notice a decrease but it was after about a month and didn't last long. Most articles i've read recommend taking the drug for 12 months to allow it to reach its maximum potential. I really regret going off it for that time, having to start from a fresh shed after seeing results with the minoxdil sucked, and I would have reached max results long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Photo on 2013-12-26 at 15.14 #3.jpg
December 26th 2013, Its a bit harder to see the results due to the growing length.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow this is by far the best result I have seen on the forum from finasteride+minoxidil. You may have mentioned it already, but could you share your age?
I am 25 years old and suffering receding hairline due to ACL surgery I had in June. My hairline was pretty solid before the surgery,
but Telogen effluvium combined with genetics caused massive reeceding of hairline in past 6 months.
Out of two, which one do you think contributed to restoring hairline?
I took finasteride for about 50 days and only thing I noticed was more shedding and more receding...
Have you had any shedding from finasteride or minoxidil? This is really amazing. Thank you so much for all the updates. Appreciate it man.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Wow this is by far the best result I have seen on the forum from finasteride+minoxidil. You may have mentioned it already, but could you share your age?
I am 25 years old and suffering receding hairline due to ACL surgery I had in June. My hairline was pretty solid before the surgery,
but Telogen effluvium combined with genetics caused massive reeceding of hairline in past 6 months.
Out of two, which one do you think contributed to restoring hairline?
I took finasteride for about 50 days and only thing I noticed was more shedding and more receding...
Have you had any shedding from finasteride or minoxidil? This is really amazing. Thank you so much for all the updates. Appreciate it man.
I'm 21, started noticing my hair loss at 17. Yes I did notice a shed; more so on finasteride than minoxidil for sure.

ImNotGoingBald

Reaction score
yo bro, I just wanna ask, does finasteride help your hairline promote hair growth , or only the minoxidil itself ? did you experience shedd after you stop using finasteride ?

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Its hard to tell since i've been taking both together but i've read that it will hold what you already have. (Which is why i use foam on my hairline only) And yes i lost everything i had gained after i dropped finasteride