Success - 5 Months of Minoxidil and Finasteride on Hair Line

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
hair.jpgHey this is my first post so I thought I'd start with my progress on minoxidil on my hairline. I started rogaine 2% on my hairline in June, 5% hasn't been approved in Canada yet. I started with about .5 ml in the morning and again at night and the whole 1 ml every now and then. For the last month I've been on Kirkland 5% minoxidil which I ordered.

I started noticing my hairline receding about 2 and half years ago when I was 17. I didn't do much to help until I was prescribed finasteride 6 months ago and have been on different minoxidils for five.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 7,283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 6,655
Last edited:

Philly78

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post so I thought I'd start with my progress on minoxidil on my hairline. I started rogaine 2% on my hairline in June, 5% hasn't been approved in Canada yet. I started with about .5 ml in the morning and again at night and the whole 1 ml every now and then. For the last month I've been on Kirkland 5% minoxidil which I ordered.

I started noticing my hairline receding about 2 and half years ago when I was 17. I didn't do much to help until I was prescribed finasteride 6 months ago and have been on different minoxidils for five.

Looks good! But please, change the title of your topic for "5 months minoxidil/finasteride". ;)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
...I started rogaine 2% on my hairline in June, 5% hasn't been approved in Canada yet.

Once the volatile components of the Rogaine vehicle evaporate (alcohol and water), both the 2% and 5% versions of liquid Rogaine turn into the maximum concentrations of minoxidil in propylene glycol, once you apply them to the scalp; that's around 7.5% or so. Only people who have relatively little knowledge of how Rogaine actually works think that 2% stays 2%, and 5% stays 5%! :)

The only problem is that 1 milliliter of 2% Rogaine turns into a smaller quantity of the maximized concentration than, say, 1 milliliter of 5% Rogaine; you could compensate for that merely by using a larger starting quantity (2.5 milliliters).

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
I thought id add another update now at the 2 and a bit months of using 5% minoxidil on my hairline. I havent cut it since November when the last photo was taken.hair.jpg

cjeznine

Reaction score
Damn impressive! Right up there with zeroheats story.
Thanks! I still have a ways to go. I stopped taking finasteride in November to help budget asastudent, between then and now i used nizoral about 3-4 tims a week for two weeks about a month ago. I think im going to start up again within the next month or to though.

I noticed my hairline improved between now and since I quit finasteride but also noticed the overall thickness is starting to decrease once again but not near as bad as before.

Back_2_Basics

Reaction score
If you're too broke to keep up with Propecia, just get on Saw Palmetto supplements, man. They are not as effective as Finasteride, but they DO work similarly.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you really think that's true?
There's no evidence that SP works anything like finasteride... Besides, if you're in the UK, you can get a year's worth of finasteride for £6 from Superdrug or Boots if you have a prescription and don't mind generic medication.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
I know I updated a couple weeks back but my hair was not very exposed so heres a photo of my hairline pushed back.

This is 5% minoxidil foam twice a day, Starting the second week of October. Prior to that I was on propecia and 2% rogaine liquid since May but have stopped them boh since going on 5%.

sorry the third and fourth pictures are not in order. But are 2 weeks apart.

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-02-03 at 01.22 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2013-02-03 at 01.22 #2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,996
  • hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,490
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,297

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that is quite impressive! Congratulations on your success!!!!

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Heres a close up with flash! February 4thPhoto on 2013-02-06 at 17.37.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,485
  • Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #4.jpg
    Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2013-02-06 at 16.40 #3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,640

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow..thats some very good growth you've got there! Congratulations!

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Heres a picture from February 15th, Ive been on 5% minoxidil and Nizoral (On and off) for 3.5 months applying it only to my hairline. Anyways heres the appearence of my hairline today. note that i did trim my hair a bit because it was getting long all over haha. Starting finasteride again today February 16th. The pills I take are 1mg generic, which i pay $120 for 3 months worth. Photo on 2013-02-15 at 23.06 #3.jpg

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no evidence that SP works anything like finasteride... Besides, if you're in the UK, you can get a year's worth of finasteride for £6 from Superdrug or Boots if you have a prescription and don't mind generic medication.

That's cheap. Do they ship to other countries besides UK?

lastditch

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this thread, some fantastic results there. It`s amazing how minoxidil brings back hair you thought long gone.