Success - 5 Months of Minoxidil and Finasteride on Hair Line

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Did you have had any shedding ??
When did you saw the first results ?? (thickness, regrow)

Well to start i was on 2% from June to October and noticed not change. When i started 5% foam, I noticed little thin hairs within about a month or two, somewhere in between. But they didnt start to darken until about a month ago (3 months in) I recently shaved my head and can see that the V shape is still there but there are several thin hairs in the temples which as mentioned, are becoming darker. I recently started propecia again so ill re update in the next month or so! :)

doke

Reaction score
hi arrow do you wash your hair everyday with the treatments you are on and do you rub in the minoxidil foam.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
hi arrow do you wash your hair everyday with the treatments you are on and do you rub in the minoxidil foam.

Usually yes, sometimes ill go one day at most just if im in a rush. I started using nizoral on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. As for the foam yes I just rub it in.

Its really cheap on ebay. I got 6 months for 60 of foam and its 29.99 for liquid, which i think ill order and use at night to save the foam for mornings. It dries almost instantly and doesnt affect your hair to much unlike the liquid. I find

Trusty

Reaction score
That's some great regrowth mate, keep it up. Whats your routine exactly? How many ml's on your hairline with the 5% minoxidil liquid?

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
That's some great regrowth mate, keep it up. Whats your routine exactly? How many ml's on your hairline with the 5% minoxidil liquid?

I use foam at the moment and have for some time, It says to use a cap full but i just put a dab on each side of my temples once in the morning after a shower and again at night before bed.

When I did take liquid I took about half of whatever the recommended dose was because it was only for a small area

Photo on 2013-02-26 at 22.35.jpg This is today (Feb, 26) I shaved it down to a #1 to allow the minoxidil to absorb better, and getting ready has never been quicker lol

Trusty

Reaction score
I use foam at the moment and have for some time, It says to use a cap full but i just put a dab on each side of my temples once in the morning after a shower and again at night before bed.

When I did take liquid I took about half of whatever the recommended dose was because it was only for a small area

View attachment 19566 This is today (Feb, 26) I shaved it down to a #1 to allow the minoxidil to absorb better, and getting ready has never been quicker lol

Class mate. Think i might get some foam then, it's well annoying the liquid, it just dribbles down my forehead, i've been wearing a bandana round my head at night to stop it going in my eyes. :D...Ninja turtle ready!!

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Yup thats all I used these last few months! :) I have a question for the community, Just wondering if propecia would hold the results i gain from minoxidil? Not now while they're vellus but once there thicker and i dont feel the need anymore. Ive only been balding under 3 years and am 20.

dorombl

Reaction score
congrats, your results are awesome! from frontal view, your hairline looks absolutely ok. i started my treatment 3 months ago, now I have those little hairs that you mentioned, and waiting for them to be darkened.

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
My vellus hairs are finally starting to thicken and darken, I havent taken any photos as I just shaved my head however as my hair grows I will. I also got some toppik today which is awesome for covering up thin areas while your finasteride or minoxidil is taking effect. Best of luck to all!

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent results, congratulations!

If finasteride is working for you and there are no side effects, I suggest you keep using it. Why would you change to saw palmetto?

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
I've been back on it for about 5 weeks now. It was just expensive and I was working on saving for college. But i'm glad to be back on. Its been reacting very well with the minoxidil. In these 5 weeks alone ive noticed slight colouration in the vellus hairs ive gained on minoxidil. I shaved my head right down with a razor so theres not to much to see at the moment, in a few weeks ill re update everyone. Good luck to all!

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
Heres a picture taken today, ive been on 5% foam for about 5 months now and restarted propecia one month ago after stopping use for 6 months.hair.jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow! you hair just keeps getting better and better!! Good on you!!

Arrowzepelin

Reaction score
wow! you hair just keeps getting better and better!! Good on you!!

Thanks, I think a lot of it is my constant shaving of my head, Id love to have lnog hair but this lets my medication absorbe so much better, the ladies dont seem to mind either

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is some really noticeable results. Congrats.

Ben Smith

Reaction score
There's no evidence that SP works anything like finasteride... Besides, if you're in the UK, you can get a year's worth of finasteride for £6 from Superdrug or Boots if you have a prescription and don't mind generic medication.

You can get a prescription for generic finasteride for £6 for the whole year? I pay £79 every two months for branded...seems like too large a difference?

- - - Updated - - -

I started taking 320mg of Saw Pametto today (February 1) I'll keep you all updated!

Hi, thanks for keeping your story updated. Are you still taking this? are you taking 320 daily and are you taking saw palmetto standardised extract or complex capsules...is there a difference?

cheers

dudey22

Reaction score
Heres a picture taken today, ive been on 5% foam for about 5 months now and restarted propecia one month ago after stopping use for 6 months.View attachment 19800

Did you experience any shedding during the 6m off finasteride? I've just started taking it every 2nd day but I plan on taking month long breaks every 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you get any side effects? What about when on Saw Palmetto? Any initial shedding?

Cheers bro!