Strongly reduced aromatase enzyme activity. Does that mean less side effects from AA?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I don't know if it is due to the new medication I added or the increase of oral minoxidil, but I can see new terminal hairs growing at the hairline. We are in NW0 territory boys, this is looking pretty good at the moment, let's see how it evolves. No side effects for now. @losingbattle88 @Mr. Slap Head @GRme11.

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_012030.jpg
    IMG_20220327_012030.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220327_012520.jpg
    IMG_20220327_012520.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 68

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I don't know if it is due to the new medication I added or the increase of oral minoxidil, but I can see new terminal hairs growing at the hairline. We are in NW0 territory boys, this is looking pretty good at the moment, let's see how it evolves. No side effects for now. @losingbattle88 @Mr. Slap Head @GRme11.
Just be careful with oral minoxidill. I think I have caused permanent heart damage from using it. I used up to 10,15,20mg. Im glad I got off it in time.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t man, luckily you realized early enough. I got tachycardia with 5 mg but I lowered the dosage and everything is fine now.
Just be careful with long term use. 2.5mg is more than enough. Heart can heal itself tho so I think it Will get better in time. It happens when I lay or sit down mostly.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be careful with long term use. 2.5mg is more than enough. Heart can heal itself tho so I think it Will get better in time. It happens when I lay or sit down mostly.
My trichologist has told me dosages between 2.5 and 5 mg are perfectly safe. I've heard that from other trichologist too, so if I'm taking 4mg I should be ok.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who was it? I really trust experimentality who gave me the advice on topical bica
Bicalutamide is an active drug. It does NOT have to pass through the liver in order to become active. Spironolactone on the other hand is a PRODRUG, so it has to pass through the liver before it becomes active. Topical spironolactone will therefore be useless.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is an active drug. It does NOT have to pass through the liver in order to become active. Spironolactone on the other hand is a PRODRUG, so it has to pass through the liver before it becomes active. Topical spironolactone will therefore be useless.
Do you know another vehicle for bica besides 96-100% alcohol? Does DMSO or Stemoxydine works?

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But build up shouldn't be a problem if you use like 10mg/ml once weekly, right?
It won't buildup with once weekly use (technically it would, but the buildup would be bounded by sqrt(2) times your weekly dose, which I call "no buildup"). The dose concerns me more. Bicalutamide is extremely potent. It has AA effects in as low as 10mg oral daily in men, but a lower amount was not tested. So it very likely has AA effects well into the single digits, which amounts to <70mg weekly. 10mg/mL is very close to that number if you use multiple mL. Furthermore, if Bicalutamide has systemic AA effects at such low doses, that means we only need a fraction of that to create the same AA effect locally (where much higher concentrations can be achieved by topical means). That's why I don't recommend* concentrations higher than 1mg/mL (possibly lower, not sure yet). Furthermore, you can't dissolve 10mg/mL Bica in ethanol. The maximum is 1mg/mL, although you could achieve higher concentrations with DMSO. But again, not sure why you'd want to.

*Disclaimer: I don't recommend anything. Use at your own risk.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
It won't buildup with once weekly use (technically it would, but the buildup would be bounded by sqrt(2) times your weekly dose, which I call "no buildup"). The dose concerns me more. Bicalutamide is extremely potent. It has AA effects in as low as 10mg oral daily in men, but a lower amount was not tested. So it very likely has AA effects well into the single digits, which amounts to <70mg weekly. 10mg/mL is very close to that number if you use multiple mL. Furthermore, if Bicalutamide has systemic AA effects at such low doses, that means we only need a fraction of that to create the same AA effect locally (where much higher concentrations can be achieved by topical means). That's why I don't recommend* concentrations higher than 1mg/mL (possibly lower, not sure yet). Furthermore, you can't dissolve 10mg/mL Bica in ethanol. The maximum is 1mg/mL, although you could achieve higher concentrations with DMSO. But again, not sure why you'd want to.

*Disclaimer: I don't recommend anything. Use at your own risk.
I didn't fully understand this, so you mean I should use 1mg/ml per week or every other day?? I have noticed bica sucks at dissolving in ethanol.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't fully understand this, so you mean I should use 1mg/ml per week or every other day?? I have noticed bica sucks at dissolving in ethanol.
Use once weekly, but microneedle before (mesotherapy). It's also possible to use a mesotherapy gun that directly injects at a given depth. This ensures absorption to follicular depths. If you have pure Bicalutamide powder it should just be able to dissolve at 1mg/mL in 98% ethanol (I have tested mine, which came back as 98.7% Bicalutamide). Try to warm the ethanol before, this will make dissolving easier. Shake hard.

I would start at 0.25mg/mL, which should dissolve easily.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use once weekly, but microneedle before (mesotherapy). This ensures absorption to follicular depths. If you have pure Bicalutamide powder it should just be able to dissolve at 1mg/mL in 98% ethanol (I have tested mine, which came back as 98.7% Bicalutamide).
yeah I do microneedle before. But if I do 1mg/ml, I would need 10ml on my scalp to reach the 10mg/ml concentration. How will I use 10ml on my scalp, it will get too wet. I do use 96% ethanol. Can't find a higher concentration. I'm using 10mg/ml twice weekly now but I use 2ml each time I use it.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I do microneedle before. But if I do 1mg/ml I would need 10ml on my scalp to reach the 10mg/ml concentration. How will I use 10ml on my scalp, it will get too wet. I do use 96% ethanol. Can't find a higher concentration.
Yes it's 96%. Typo. You don't need 10mg in total. I am using 1mg in total (0.25mg/mL), but maybe it's OK to use up to 4mg in total (1mg/mL). Trial and error I'm afraid. I would not use 10mg.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's 96%. Typo. You don't need 10mg in total. I am using 1mg in total (0.25mg/mL), but maybe it's OK to use up to 4mg in total (1mg/mL). Trial and error I'm afraid. I would not use 10mg.
I do need some build up then I decrease the dose to like 4 mg/ml. I have high T levels and it is disgusting. Oily skin, hair loss etc. Do you have results at 1mg once a week??? Btw i do use 2ml for my entire scalp, I don't need 4ml. I'm using up to 20mg in a week at this moment.

Last edited:

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do need some build up then I decrease the dose to like 4 mg/ml. I have high T levels and it is disgusting. Oily skin, hair loss etc. Do you have results at 1mg once a week??? Btw i do use 2ml for my entire scalp, I don't need 4ml. I'm using up to 20mg in a week at this moment.
I am maintaining my hair, which is a great result. It has thickened up a bit as well, but nothing major (using for about 8 months now). I am currently experimenting with E2 Valerate microdoses in conjunction which seems to be generating some regrowth. Too soon to conclude anything about that though. Please let me know if you have sides, results, maintenance at that dose. I am trying to collect experiences with Bica mesotherapy, to eventually create a guide for it with the "correct" dosage ranges (possibly in conjunction with Duta, E2 Valerate).