Stop Torturing Yourself: There Wont Be Any Cure In Your Lifetime

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scientists made huge progress about stem cells last decade.
Scientists made huge progress about understanding hairloss last decade.
Scientists are working on 9-10 very promising treatments in near future.

The only problem is that we were not enough lucky to be born 10 years later. Younger generations will not need to regrown full head of hair. They will have enough good treatments to stop hairloss in very early stage, regrown little hair and maintain it for long time maybe even decades without side effects.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I forgot about that interview ya that guy has been gimme gimme for a while now. He says donors will be given some privileges though which is great but Id want to see the documented agreement and what the entitlements actually are. I've also heard he has made his own company to tackle this problem and a website would be very helpful since at least I havent discovered one unless it's an extension of Burnham which could be?

Also arent the cells he is using very risky in terms of tumerogenesis?
Yes a Website would be nice. I have searched for it but i haven t found anything.

Yes ipsc is more likely for tumorgenesis then what tsuji is doing.

H

Reaction score
ipsc is more likely for tumorgenesis
Yes this I do not like. Perhaps if he were to mention avenues they are considering to mitigate this risk I would certainly listen however I have not heard him say anything about this unless he has and I just dont remember possibly?

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scientists made huge progress about stem cells last decade.
Scientists made huge progress about understanding hairloss last decade.
Scientists are working on 9-10 very promising treatments in near future.

The only problem is that we were not enough lucky to be born 10 years later. Younger generations will not need to regrown full head of hair. They will have enough good treatments to stop hairloss in very early stage, regrown little hair and maintain it for long time maybe even decades without side effects.

That's the ultimate fear, that fevi/ seti/ rch-01/ something else entirely proves to be a solid maintenance provider and anyone looking at regrowth packs up their bags and goes home. In effect there's probably a relatively small market of men looking for regrowth, most older men have made their peace with it and don't care enough to spend a fortune, on the other hand an affordable, practical, side-free maintenance option has an enormous eternal market.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the ultimate fear, that fevi/ seti/ rch-01/ something else entirely proves to be a solid maintenance provider and anyone looking at regrowth packs up their bags and goes home. In effect there's probably a relatively small market of men looking for regrowth, most older men have made their peace with it and don't care enough to spend a fortune, on the other hand an affordable, practical, side-free maintenance option has an enormous eternal market.

I believe you are definitely wrong regarding this. Anderan and intertex failed because they offered no regrowth. Maybe for now you are happy with maintenance, but years later you would wish for a full head of hair like you kids and whats next ? You would probably wish that your hair never go grey. Humans are greedy and never stop demanding.
Are you sure that seti would be commercialized ? I doubt that since they dont offer regrowth. Fevi is not a hairloss treatment officially so dont count that. Rch-01 is the only feasible now as they offer regrowth.

Replicel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
15 - 20 years later, we're six months or so away from the trial that is easily the most ground-breaking of its kind. Ever.

For the last nigh decade, it's shown itself to be a viable method of growing healthy hair from human cells, even when those human cells are used in non-human mammals. Assuming all goes well — and there's nothing presently suggesting it will fail — its first market release is on track for launch in less than 30 months.

Yes, I'm sure that was happening all the time in 1998.
Which trial are you referring to? Follica, Tsuji? Also, I agree with all of your posts. People are morons, the cure is coming. Science is advancing. We have more options on the horizon than ever before

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have very good reasons to believe a cure is near, but just as many good reasons to believe it isn't. As I said before andropecia is a lot like cancer - far from neing thoroughly understood, because it has genetic roots and scientific research has only just started to tap into the huge complexity that rule genetics

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't trust in it, it will take many years to be released - I am pretty sure it will be at some point, be it tsuji or whoever else - and it will be unaffordable for a while after release

Replicel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't trust in it, it will take many years to be released - I am pretty sure it will be at some point, be it tsuji or whoever else - and it will be unaffordable for a while after release
Agreed, do you have any hope in Follica? I don't even know where they currently stand. Last info I heard was from their quarterly report indicating completion of a "Optimization" trial and a subsequent pivotal? I have small parts of balding spots on my end from a chemical burn, no andro based receding hair line at all. I hope one of these companies can be beneficial to those of us that simply need the hair to regrow back and can sustain the hair being that we don't have the DHT gentic based problem. Solving the latter of a patient group would be much more difficult. I often wonder Tsuji will help people like me but what good is it if his technology regenerates one's hair line who has andro genetic DHT problems, the hair is simply going to fall out once again

Replicel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't trust in what exactly? Any of the potential current pipeline?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, do you have any hope in Follica? I don't even know where they currently stand. Last info I heard was from their quarterly report indicating completion of a "Optimization" trial and a subsequent pivotal? I have small parts of balding spots on my end from a chemical burn, no andro based receding hair line at all. I hope one of these companies can be beneficial to those of us that simply need the hair to regrow back and can sustain the hair being that we don't have the DHT gentic based problem. Solving the latter of a patient group would be much more difficult. I often wonder Tsuji will help people like me but what good is it if his technology regenerates one's hair line who has andro genetic DHT problems, the hair is simply going to fall out once again

You can already use existing transplant technology and you will be fine, if it's just a small non enlarging spot

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't trust in what exactly? Any of the potential current pipeline?

I read with interest and hope all developments, but I'm aware that they wi have to go through a trial, which means to try something - you may or may not succeed. And based on precedents, it looks likely it will fail to deliver a 100 percent solution to 100 percent patients.

Thus said, I'm not a scientist, nor a clairvoyant and my opinion is just an opinion

H

Reaction score
They gather hairs that do not react to dht....