Stop Torturing Yourself: There Wont Be Any Cure In Your Lifetime

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quoting from the study, "...Polymorphism of the androgen receptor gene (AR) was first identified in association with Androgenetic Alopecia.5, 6...",

All I have to say is the references for that statement are one from 2001 and one from 2005. More than a decade on research relating to genetic factors and we are still hairless. I want to scream.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after having seen this “cure is coming” circus, are you now hopeful that Tsuji can develop his “cure” and get it to the market within, say, 10 years?
This doctor seems very trustworthy.
So, I would be inclined to say: yes, we solve baldness in 10 years.
At the same time, I have factual evidence that it has _always_ been very close, and ten years tops. We weren’t stupid back then.
It looks like we are in this situation:

https://m.youtube.crom/watch?v=6_Onrl4g6H4

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quoting from the study, "...Polymorphism of the androgen receptor gene (AR) was first identified in association with Androgenetic Alopecia.5, 6...",

All I have to say is the references for that statement are one from 2001 and one from 2005. More than a decade on research relating to genetic factors and we are still hairless. I want to scream.

Someone actually read it, thank you

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In what way does the study you linked to support your stance? Did you even read it? The study found increased expression of inflammatory and immune factors in balding men, and also deceased expression of a gene coding for a vitamin D metabolizing enzyme. Tell me how this supports your stance of Androgenetic Alopecia being genetically preprogrammed.

Also lmao at the irony of "Please, educate yourself a bit, environmental factors are meaningless against DNA expression"

Please educate yourself on epigenetics, and how genes are expressed or silenced in response to different conditions.

Yeah sure, silence the AR gene

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sure, silence the AR gene

You realize the AR gene is heavily regulated right? And this regulation is through both direct epigenetic modifications of the gene itself or modification of transcription factors? In addition, AR mediated genes can also be epigenetically modified. Have you even researched the genetic mechanisms behind AR expression before trying to act like you're an expert?

In the case of Androgenetic Alopecia, AR is overexpressed or signaling is amplified. If this is genetically set, then hair loss and growth inhibition would occur at puberty. Having a "trigger" via age implies epigenetic changes in expression.

Claiming it's purely genetic is a gross oversimplification. If you want to reach that conclusion then at least try to research the genetic mechanisms behind it.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, writing this on hairlosstalk.com where teenagers and people in their early 20s look for a way to at least slow down this disease, is almost comical
I'm sorry if that sounded spoiled or selfish, but remember that hair loss is traumatic at any age.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
This doctor seems very trustworthy.
So, I would be inclined to say: yes, we solve baldness in 10 years.
At the same time, I have factual evidence that it has _always_ been very close, and ten years tops. We weren’t stupid back then.
It looks like we are in this situation:

https://m.youtube.crom/watch?v=6_Onrl4g6H4
WTF??
You’re just being sarcastic, aren’t you?

NW2.5372846

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 4 months now and am seeing a slight improvement (went through a brutal shed though which had me checking my hair every 10 minutes).

As far as I'm concerned, Finasteride and dutasteride is the cure for younger guys who catch their male pattern baldness early... if your hairline has gone up too much or it has diffused to an obvious degree, it's not the cure.

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 4 months now and am seeing a slight improvement (went through a brutal shed though which had me checking my hair every 10 minutes).

As far as I'm concerned, Finasteride and dutasteride is the cure for younger guys who catch their male pattern baldness early... if your hairline has gone up too much or it has diffused to an obvious degree, it's not the cure.
How long was your shed? Did you shed from places not affected by male pattern baldness?

INT

Reaction score

It can be a cure for a specific group people. They have to

1) Take action at the first signs of male pattern baldness and therefor do not need regrowth
2) Not have side effects/not care about side effects
3) Be willing to accept the fact that there is a chance they are hurting their health in the short or long term

That group is rather small, and then I have not even talked about the people that do not experience any results...

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be a cure for a specific group people. They have to

1) Take action at the first signs of male pattern baldness and therefor do not need regrowth
2) Not have side effects/not care about side effects
3) Be willing to accept the fact that there is a chance they are hurting their health in the short or long term

That group is rather small, and then I have not even talked about the people that do not experience any results...

4) not have an agressive male pattern baldness, I'm pretty sure people like Johnny Depp or Ewan Mcgregor could stop hairloss for life with finasteride alone. Not so sure about guys like Bruce Willis

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone actually read it, thank you

I've bookmarked it and will be going through the references also. I wish there were a hundred on going studies like it every year. The complexity of the problem is revealed in the analysis being greatly dependent on statstical methods. It's just not like looking at Legos and finding the one odd color piece.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Science was allways following an exp function (except for the middle age in europe).
So predicting the future based on the past is impossible.
2014 the technology for ipsc cells was honored with the nobel price. (Alexey is working on that for hair)(Last info i have is they aime for 2020 release)
2018 hair was succesfully cloned. (Aime to market 2020 in japan (probably small number of patients))
2019 DP cell injection available in UK under the specials regulation provided by Hairclone (basically an improved version of rch-01)

A lot of promissing stuf in the next 2 years assuming everything goes according to plan what never happens. But they wont delay for a lifetime assuming i have another 60-70 on this planet.
And if someone is hating because it is not a cure... I don t care for your definition of a cure we all just want our hair back.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I go through alternate phases.

Sometimes I feel I'll never see a solution, at least not one that will work for everyone and that everyone will be able to afford - this is a genetic disfunction, like cancer, whose codes have never really been cracked despite relentless research - cancer can be slowed down and managed, but it can't be defeated.

But sometimes I feel that, out of so many researches ongoing, there must be at least one that brings at least a partial solution. Why would they invest so much money in them otherwise?

But in the end, we can only wait, and try not to think too much about it in the meanwhile.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah boy Alexey isnt releasing sh*t for a decade Organ Tech is aiming for 2020 release.
Dr. Terskikh: As I pointed out earlier – all depends on funding. In principle, we might be able to deliver a product by 2020 given sufficient funding.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/interview-with-dr-alexey-terskikh/

I wrote the post without looking all the info up just from what i reminded. And in my memory it sounded better than what he actually said.
"Might be able to deliver by 2020" sounds like 2025

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I go through alternate phases.

Sometimes I feel I'll never see a solution, at least not one that will work for everyone and that everyone will be able to afford - this is a genetic disfunction, like cancer, whose codes have never really been cracked despite relentless research - cancer can be slowed down and managed, but it can't be defeated.

But sometimes I feel that, out of so many researches ongoing, there must be at least one that brings at least a partial solution. Why would they invest so much money in them otherwise?

But in the end, we can only wait, and try not to think too much about it in the meanwhile.
Cancer Statistics Report: Death Rate Down 23% in 21 Years
Jan 7, 2016
Annual statistics reporting from the American Cancer Society shows the death rate from cancer in the US has declined steadily over the past 2 decades. The cancer death rate for men and women combined fell 23% from its peak in 1991 to 2012, the most recent year for which data is available, translating to more than 1.7 million deaths averted during this time period.

“Cancer Statistics, 2016,” published in the American Cancer Society’s journal CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, estimates the numbers of new cancer cases and deaths expected in the US this year. The estimates are some of the most widely quoted cancer statistics in the world. The information will also be released in a companion article, Cancer Facts & Figures 2016.

A total of 1,685,210 new cancer cases and 595,690 deaths from cancer are projected to occur in the US in 2016. During the most recent 4 years for which there are data (2009-2012), the rate of new cancer diagnoses decreased by 3.1% per year in men and stayed about the same in women.
[\Quote]
That is why they invest in cancer research... Just because we don t see the progress that does not mean there is no progress. I think the same holds for hairloss research.

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the things I always find odd here are people hoping for a cure for them in 60-12 months and simultaneously saying that they won't have children because they don't want to pass it on to them or even their grandchildren. The frustrating issue is that it does seem like within 10-15 years there'll be a series of options out there (although I suspect there's been that same view for ever). We potentially would be the last generation. If I had a time machine I'd go back and tell the Greeks that we'd have men on the moon and moving images before a cure for hairloss. Actually if I had a time machine I'd go forward in time to the cure or more specifically go forward three-four months and tell everyone whether Trinov works.

H

Reaction score
Dr. Terskikh: As I pointed out earlier – all depends on funding. In principle, we might be able to deliver a product by 2020 given sufficient funding.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/interview-with-dr-alexey-terskikh/

I wrote the post without looking all the info up just from what i reminded. And in my memory it sounded better than what he actually said.
"Might be able to deliver by 2020" sounds like 2025
Thanks I forgot about that interview ya that guy has been gimme gimme for a while now. He says donors will be given some privileges though which is great but Id want to see the documented agreement and what the entitlements actually are. I've also heard he has made his own company to tackle this problem and a website would be very helpful since at least I havent discovered one unless it's an extension of Burnham which could be?

Also arent the cells he is using very risky in terms of tumerogenesis?