Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, it's hard to convey cynicism online. :)

I think the cure to hairloss will happen, but would advise anybody to stack up on cash bacause the treatment, whoever will provide it, will not do it for free. Most likely it will be very expensive.
I had a thought last night. Mice seem to grow hair easily whereas we humans can't. Perhaps there could be a way somehow to physically convert the human skin into skin that has the attributes that allows mouse skin to grow hair easily? Please, if I'm going to be called crazy again let me apologize in advance. I am thinking out of the box (even if it seems like crazy talk) so that perhaps we could find a solution that will work. Any constructive thoughts on this? I don't think this idea is really without merit. Some people claim that using Botox (for example) has helped regenerate hair by relaxing the tight skin causing the fibrosis. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not here to insult any members on this forum. I treat everyone here with courtesy and respect, even if I may not agree. I post a lot because I am passionate about the subject of hair regeneration. I am not looking to get banned from this forum. I want to express my ideas even if they are just frustration at times.

I have a dentist I see who has some scientific patents. He was telling me that sometimes it is not the scientific background that always is the deciding factor to accomplish a breakthrough. It is the creative spark of an idea that can be used to accomplish an objective in science. In this forum it would be great if there were some scientists who could advise us whether or not our ideas are ones that can be developed and possibly could work.

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yokhaoma, stemson, Dnovo, and another korean company “Bio somthing”
Han Bio. They are looking to fast track the process of preclinical and clinical trials. They want to start testing in humans by this August or September, meanwhile they haven't even begun testing in animals.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but the problem is we dont know nothing about the quality of their cloned hair

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, it's hard to convey cynicism online. :)

I think the cure to hairloss will happen, but would advise anybody to stack up on cash bacause the treatment, whoever will provide it, will not do it for free. Most likely it will be very expensive.
Yes it will be expensive as f***, no doubt about it

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but the problem is we dont know nothing about the quality of their cloned hair
Dnovo already reached normal quality . We are getting there . 10 years is alot of time in terms of improvment specialy in this modren tech we are today.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dnovo already reached normal quality . We are getting there . 10 years is alot of time in terms of improvment specialy in this modren tech we are today.
10 years actually is nothing, what they achieved in the last ten years? i havent seen even one good quality hair on mans scalp
they may find that their approach is wrong, your hair only lasts a year, or you have cancer, nothing is for sure

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding dNovo, I agree except that the question is what scalp sample was used to generate this quality of hair? Was it one with any hair loss? Did it have androgenetic alopecia, scarring alopecia, alopecia areata? How old was the person and what is the quality of his/her hair it was taken from? Was it a slab of skin or a flake of skin that was grown? Too many unknowns. I wish these companies could make a video of the process they're doing.

Last edited:

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please Stemson - save us!

There is article out today saying scientists have managed to make a woman's skin 30 years younger and they believe they can do this with other tissues in the body. ....Could follicles be made younger and grow hair again?....

Please someone find us the cure!

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please Stemson - save us!

There is article out today saying scientists have managed to make a woman's skin 30 years younger and they believe they can do this with other tissues in the body. Maybe follicles....

Please someone find us the cure!
Could you please find us the article and post it here. Thank you surfer9!

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for finding the article Froggy7. Of course they're afraid to apply the IPSC technology due to cancer risks. Despite this good news, if they're too afraid to test it on any humans then it's more of the same research with no solution. The article mentions, "Eventually, we may be able to identify genes that rejuvenate without reprogramming, and specifically target those to reduce the effects of ageing."Of course no mention how to possibly accomplish this. Stemson Therapeutics is using this same IPSC technology, so surely they're looking for the cancer possibility in the animal models too. The good news in this article is science is moving forward but the bad news is they don't feel confident it is safe for humans to benefit, sigh!

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson just added two more people on their team page. One of them is a PhD that previously worked at Pfizer on R&D and has lots of expertise with organoids.

It’s important that they keep the team growing and momentum going

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson just added two more people on their team page. One of them is a PhD that previously worked at Pfizer on R&D and has lots of expertise with organoids.

It's hard to keep up with who's who. Could you point out the names of the recently hired for us please? Thank you werefckd. I notice that the two main jobs are still listed on the company web site. No press release yet regarding the new hires. They hire people, which is great, but am wondering what these people know that the rest don't. Hiring people is nice but am wondering are they doing this because they're not achieving their objectives, are desperate and gambling to find the people who may possibly get the issues resolved? Too much we don't know. Again, I think it's my suspicion the pig models are failing and needing to be worked out by more experts. Again, if there was a success or even marginal success they would wish to brag about these accomplishments and drive even more investment to their group. No word about the pigs just yet, this is my main skepticism regarding Stemson at the moment. The IPSC technology also being hard to control casts another doubt as to how this technology will be useable. The recent discovery about totipotent stem cells have me more optimistic as being a more workable option but since the technology is so new, nothing can be expected right away.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I hope it's not this PhD with a 112 IQ :D
buzzfeed.JPG

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
God I hate Jubilee
The saddest part is it was an online test they took, which is usually inflated, and she still couldn't score more than 112. Real IQ maybe 105, American schools are a joke handing out PhDs to people like that. Even Harvard and MIT aren't what they used to be

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The saddest part is it was an online test they took, which is usually inflated, and she still couldn't score more than 112. Real IQ maybe 105, American schools are a joke handing out PhDs to people like that. Even Harvard and MIT aren't what they used to be
IQ testing is incredibly flawed and simplistic. It doesn't account for the complexity of human intelligence. It isn't useless but it is more useful to recognize cognitive difficulties than the other way around. You could be a scientist with an IQ of 10,000 and still don't discover anything useful in your life.

We need more people working on a cure. With high IQ or not. A person with a normal IQ may be walking on the right path for a cure while a team of scientists with high IQ may be hitting a dead-end.