Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this interview is bullshit, nothing interesting, nothing new, old bla bla bla ble ble ble
It’s just the first part, but you already know that, you troll here but we all know you google stemsons name every single day literally looking for every new bit of news lol

Last edited:

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
like i wrote before nothing new nothing interesting

They still have to try their tech on pigs. However, the intention to do so is known for more than a year. If it even works, there are likely many issues that have to be resolved before tests on humans and clinical trials can take place.

I am generally optimistic on science, but I would say Stemson is at least 5 years away from commercialization in a best case scenario.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They still have to try their tech on pigs. However, the intention to do so is known for more than a year. If it even works, there are likely many issues that have to be resolved before tests on humans and clinical trials can take place.

I am generally optimistic on science, but I would say Stemson is at least 5 years away from commercialization in a best case scenario.
no chance it will be ready in 5 years

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure about this? They had a picture with a pig that had patches of cloned hair on the conference presentation. Sounded and looked like they had already began and that's where they were having their problems.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure about this? They had a picture with a pig that had patches of cloned hair on the conference presentation. Sounded and looked like they had already began and that's where they were having their problems.
I just react based on what I hear in the interview, my in-depth knowledge about the company is rather weak.

So you are probably right. Good to hear they appararently started on pigs.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nothing new was in that interview
I don’t know what people expect in this kind of interviews?

Yes, there were couple of news. They are actively testing the technology on pigs, repeating the process in cycles over and over, so they can optimize the process in near future. By his words it will take 1-2 years, and then moving on humans. Also, when they will start testing the technology on humans, then they will start training scientists and doctors how to perform the procedure. At the beginning it will not be perfect, but after time it will be became better and better, and less expensive. Just like every new technology. Compare mobile phones 15 years ago and now, and/or hair transplants 15 years ago and now.

My opinion is that this technology will be available in 10 years for everyone.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know what people expect in this kind of interviews?

Yes, there were couple of news. They are actively testing the technology on pigs, repeating the process in cycles over and over, so they can optimize the process in near future. By his words it will take 1-2 years, and then moving on humans. Also, when they will start testing the technology on humans, then they will start training scientists and doctors how to perform the procedure. At the beginning it will not be perfect, but after time it will be became better and better, and less expensive. Just like every new technology. Compare mobile phones 15 years ago and now, and/or hair transplants 15 years ago and now.

My opinion is that this technology will be available in 10 years for everyone.
I agree with You, but it is only my speculation, which means nothing

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ouch at least two more years with pig experiments, we are fckd

Only slightly positive thing from the interview is that Stemson apparently eyes other markets than the US to commercialize first, in order to avoid the FDA trials. So let's say the "R&D optimization" goes well and human trials succeed, this treatment could be on the Japanese market in a couple of years.

But that's best case scenario and that seldom happens in reality t.