Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
August 6, 2018 – Samumed, LLC, announced today that it has closed its A-6 Round of equity issuance with $438 million, bringing its total equity raised to date to more than $650 million.The pre-money valuation for the round was $12 billion.
Yes surely this is due to their Androgenetic Alopecia approach and not the cancer, tumor or cartilage regeneration.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems they got most money from venture capital:

Hope Medicine (China) Raises $56 Million​

Until now, Kintor Pharmaceutical (China) was the main reason for the excitement. However, this weekend, the participants on this site’s hair loss chat are discussing Hope Medicine. Out of the blue, this startup company received $56 million in a Series B round of financing. Investment firms Qiming Venture Partners and Grand Flight Investment led the way.

Other investors include: HighLight Capital; Sinovation Ventures (a venture capital firm led by former Google China head Kai-Fu Lee); and Trustbridge. More here.
Their largest investor is Qiming who specializes in biotech and has experts to assess the potential of drug candidates. Samumed got most of their money from firms who were out of their expertise and don't know any better.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
they will start phase 2 for Androgenetic Alopecia after success in endometriosis trial. We have a long wait to go
According to the founder of the company they have already applied for approval to begin phase 2 for Androgenetic Alopecia.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys mean by non reliable yields? Like they aren't able to reliably clone the hairs or that the hairs don't really grow when implanted onto pigs?
whenthey derive the dermal papilla cells from embroynic stem cells most of then become the cell types they desire, going via the route of ipcs and then over neural crest to dermal papilla there is a significant amount of cells that do not commit properly and thus cannot produce viable hair growth. the concept works as is evident in the fact that some cells do become aome kind of DP cells that expresses the right genes ans acts properly however some do not. theyare working on improving this process so they can have highef yields because this is a very delicate process and cells are living things with manx variables that can go wrong, IPC research is quite new and very expensive.

so the latter is correct. the prpblem is not proliferating some kind of cells but that some do not respond once implanted. i think it was about 90% for embrypnic stem cells and 50% for ipcs? so half the cells they derive are garbage. mightbe wrong here its been a while since i read it. they wrote a paper on this and you can find it on their website

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol and do you think Hopemed got $56 million dollar for their AA prolactin treatment? There isn't a lot of difference with samumed.

The focus of Hopemed isn't balding.

From press release:

HopeMed focuses on the three major disease areas of women's health, endocrine, and cardiovascular diseases

"Heqirui is committed to the research, development and commercialization of the first innovative drugs, targeting the widespread male and female diseases, with the goal of improving the quality of life. At present, Heqirui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. has announced the completion of Series A financing and has signed a global exclusive license agreement with Bayer AG for the development and industrialization of monoclonal antibodies targeting the prolactin (PRL) receptor. In accordance with the license agreement, Heqirui Medicine will develop and industrialize a new antibody targeting the prolactin (PRL) receptor globally based on Bayer's intellectual property rights. Potential indications for this antibody include male and female pattern alopecia, endometriosis, and other chronic diseases.

Prolactin (PRL) receptor antibody is a monoclonal antibody that targets the prolactin receptor, blocking the signaling pathway downstream of prolactin in a non-competitive manner. The mode of administration is subcutaneous injection. The antibody showed good tolerability in phase I clinical trials (including single-dose and multiple-dose administration). At the same time, studies have found that this antibody can effectively promote the hair growth of elderly red-faced monkeys. After 6 months of treatment, the number of terminal hairs in the alopecia area has nearly doubled, even in areas that were almost completely bald before, and the effect has continued to reach More than two years after stopping the drug. This research is the result of close cooperation between Bayer and Peking University Institute of Molecular Medicine scientists, and it is expected to be used in the treatment of male and female alopecia in the future."

I see hair loss mentioned first and in greater detail than the brief mention of endometriosis, which they never even bothered to try in macaques apparently.

This article has been revised unfortunately, but the initial print of it included quotes from Xiao Rui-Ping stating that Bayer was developing the drug for endometriosis, but they noticed it significantly increased the length of hair in mice. Xiao Rui-Ping was running the IMM in China, which has a NHP(non-human primate) facility. She was already working with Bayer on other things so she asked them if she could test the drug on her macaques for hair loss. When she saw the hair growth on the macaques she convinced Bayer to license the drug to her, and then created HMI. If it wasn't for the hair growth in macaques then HMI wouldn't even exist, so I don't know how you guys can think that it's not their primary indication. The only reason phase I was for endo is because it was Bayer's primary indication for the drug. If not for hair loss indication Bayer would have kept development in-house. They licensed it because they knew the hair loss indication would be profitable, but it didn't fit their pipeline. It is literally the only indication for which they KNOW the drug is effective. I expect Phase 2 trials to begin recruiting soon. You don't have to take my word for all this, many other people saw the original interview that was removed, and can backup what I'm saying. In every interview she talks about hair loss. The only mention of endometriosis is ever, "it can be used for endometriosis too".

Last edited:

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Heqirui is committed to the research, development and commercialization of the first innovative drugs, targeting the widespread male and female diseases, with the goal of improving the quality of life. At present, Heqirui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. has announced the completion of Series A financing and has signed a global exclusive license agreement with Bayer AG for the development and industrialization of monoclonal antibodies targeting the prolactin (PRL) receptor. In accordance with the license agreement, Heqirui Medicine will develop and industrialize a new antibody targeting the prolactin (PRL) receptor globally based on Bayer's intellectual property rights. Potential indications for this antibody include male and female pattern alopecia, endometriosis, and other chronic diseases.

Prolactin (PRL) receptor antibody is a monoclonal antibody that targets the prolactin receptor, blocking the signaling pathway downstream of prolactin in a non-competitive manner. The mode of administration is subcutaneous injection. The antibody showed good tolerability in phase I clinical trials (including single-dose and multiple-dose administration). At the same time, studies have found that this antibody can effectively promote the hair growth of elderly red-faced monkeys. After 6 months of treatment, the number of terminal hairs in the alopecia area has nearly doubled, even in areas that were almost completely bald before, and the effect has continued to reach More than two years after stopping the drug. This research is the result of close cooperation between Bayer and Peking University Institute of Molecular Medicine scientists, and it is expected to be used in the treatment of male and female alopecia in the future."

I see hair loss mentioned first and in greater detail than the brief mention of endometriosis, which they never even bothered to try in macaques apparently.

This article has been revised unfortunately, but the initial print of it included quotes from Xiao Rui-Ping stating that Bayer was developing the drug for endometriosis, but they noticed it significantly increased the length of hair in mice. Xiao Rui-Ping was running the IMM in China, which has a NHP(non-human primate) facility. She was already working with Bayer on other things so she asked them if she could test the drug on her macaques for hair loss. When she saw the hair growth on the macaques she convinced Bayer to license the drug to her, and then created HMI. If it wasn't for the hair growth in macaques then HMI wouldn't even exist, so I don't know how you guys can think that it's not their primary indication. The only reason phase I was for endo is because it was Bayer's primary indication for the drug. If not for hair loss indication Bayer would have kept development in-house. They licensed it because they knew the hair loss indication would be profitable, but it didn't fit their pipeline. It is literally the only indication for which they KNOW the drug is effective. I expect Phase 2 trials to begin recruiting soon. You don't have to take my word for all this, many other people saw the original interview that was removed, and can backup what I'm saying. In every interview she talks about hair loss. The only mention of endometriosis is ever, "it can be used for endometriosis too".

Thank you very much For making this effort to Write about Hope Medicine’s Intention.

hopefully they will Start trials soon otherwise i Hope they will give an interview or article that we we Are able to Look in their timeline and plans.

Do You think it is possible For an European to Travel to USA and participate in the trials??
I would Go there and live For 1-2 years For the trial in US

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s funny whenever I ask for the link of a citation here people tend to disappear from the conversation lol

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s funny whenever I ask for the link of a citation here people tend to disappear from the conversation lol

Or maybe nobody wants to waste their time to constantly provide links and evidence to some annoying f*cks who can get the information they so desire by just going through the past pages on the thread. No one owes you their time and undivided attention, go find it for yourself.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This would be good. Do you have a link?
I don't have a link. I don't work for HMI, I have no reason to save links, and I don't feel like searching for it for you. 2 people have emailed her, including a chinese hair loss blogger and her response was the same to both of them

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much For making this effort to Write about Hope Medicine’s Intention.

hopefully they will Start trials soon otherwise i Hope they will give an interview or article that we we Are able to Look in their timeline and plans.

Do You think it is possible For an European to Travel to USA and participate in the trials??
I would Go there and live For 1-2 years For the trial in US
I don't know. Last info we got was that the hair loss trial would be in Australia

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In other words, we believe/hope/speculate that Hope Med has applied for a clinical trial related the hairloss condition, but we don’t have an actual official statement or info from the company confirming that. Got it.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They don't disappear, they are just ignoring you. That's a huge difference.
Not true because they always show up again with some defensive comment/bs excuse for not backing up their claims when called up.

I just asked for a link of the claim, nothing special. It’s ridiculous that some people get offended about that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true because they always show up again with some defensive comment/bs excuse for not backing up their claims when called up.

I just asked for a link of the claim, nothing special. It’s ridiculous that some people get offended about that.
I told you I don't have a link. What do you want me to do, google and dig through the threads to find it for you?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In other words, we believe/hope/speculate that Hope Med has applied for a clinical trial related the hairloss condition, but we don’t have an actual official statement or info from the company confirming that. Got it.
Feel free to email Rui-ping yourself

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I told you I don't have a link. What do you want me to do, google and dig through the threads to find it for you?
I don’t want you to do anything, just wanted to understand if we knew for a fact that Hope Med had applied for clinical trials for hairloss treatment or if it is conjecture. And seems like it is a conjecture so I already got the answer.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t want you to do anything, just wanted to understand if we knew for a fact that Hope Med had applied for clinical trials for hairloss treatment or if it is conjecture. And seems like it is a conjecture so I already got the answer.
I would think Rui-ping would know, but ok