Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Just watched the Stemson video and it seems like the first product will only be available to a select few i.e. those with money. Does that suggest that the bulk of us will have to wait longer to get access to the technology? say Product 1 is available in 10years and Product 2 available in 15years…"
when are you finnaly getting your criotherapy

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol they solved any problem of hair results so far (that stemson and tsuji still stuck on )
, they only need to test in human and make it scaleable and they are done.(based on the result the had)
How do you know this for sure? What results do you speak of?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting

Dr. Bharti is leading the first Phase I/IIa clinical trial in the US using autologous iPSC-derived cells to treat the retinal pigment epithelium in age-related macular degeneration (AMD). His pioneering work in combining iPSC-derived cells together with scaffolds and transferring those solutions into cutting edge, highly controlled and compliant manufacturing processes positions him to guide Stemson’s efforts in similar areas.

Signs of a clinical trial planning/preparation

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gimme the pigs, I'll pull the hairs out by myself and get em implanted by a shady Doctor somewhere in 3. world country... wondering if I could get back my hair when I'm 50

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Kapil Bharti, Ph.D. is a Senior Investigator at the National Eye Institute at the National Institutes of Health. He is a world renowned expert in regenerative medicine, stem cell biology, and developmental biology of the eye. Dr. Bharti is leading the first Phase I/IIa clinical trial in the US using autologous iPSC-derived cells to treat the retinal pigment epithelium in age-related macular degeneration (AMD). His pioneering work in combining iPSC-derived cells together with scaffolds and transferring those solutions into cutting edge, highly controlled and compliant manufacturing processes positions him to guide Stemson’s efforts in similar areas.

George Murphy, M.D. is Co-Director of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Skin Program, Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical School, and the Director of the Program in Dermatopathology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is a Harvard-trained skin pathologist with 40 years of experience as a physician-scientist focused on understanding the pathobiology of human and murine skin. He has authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and numerous textbooks in the field of skin pathology and has maintained a continuously NIH-funded research lab for over 35 years. Through this Harvard-based research and his role at the HSCI, Dr. Murphy has a major interest in how the genetic and epigenetic factors and related microenvironmental niches participate in complex regenerative phenomena such as scarless wound healing and hair follicle cycling and neogenesis.

According to the type of talent Stemson is gathering, it looks like they are starting to plan the next phase of their research guys (i.e. clinical trials may be starting to show in the horizon).

If we get a date estimate for that in 2022 it will be great. I'm expecting more clues in their next hires.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they are moving forward, they are happy, even if they fail, it will be easier for the next companies, I hope that the rest will compete with them

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

According to the type of talent Stemson is gathering, it looks like they are starting to plan the next phase of their research guys (i.e. clinical trials may be starting to show in the horizon).

If we get a date estimate for that in 2022 it will be great. I'm expecting more clues in their next hires.
If it was any other company you'd be complaining that they just now hired these people so they are far behind, and we'll all be dead before they get anywhere.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, Hamilton looks like a good guy. However, no information (yet) on how far they actually are, what issues they are facing etc.

Might come in the following parts.
They talked about it in the larger presentation at the conference. The are trialing in pigs and focusing on yields and immediate characteristics (hair life cycle, length, health). Sounds like they are dealing with consistency issues right now, and then need to tackle the actual physical attributes of the hair like color and density.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They talked about it in the larger presentation at the conference. The are trialing in pigs and focusing on yields and immediate characteristics (hair life cycle, length, health). Sounds like they are dealing with consistency issues right now, and then need to tackle the actual physical attributes of the hair like color and density.
in short, they are not yet sure if their solution will work

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was any other company you'd be complaining that they just now hired these people so they are far behind, and we'll all be dead before they get anywhere.
Which other company you speak about? The only full blown company attacking this problem is currently is Stemson. Organ is no more, dNovo is not a proper company yet, and the other dudes are academics publishing papers that will lead to nowhere going after grants, not to mention the borderline scams/money grabs

But I hope Stemson in 2022 announce at least plans to clinical trials. If that doesn’t happens I will start to become pessimist about them too

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good find and Im glad they decided to make public the Stemson presentation from that last hairloss summit. Hamilton is a very professional a nice chap. I hope they upload the next vidos soon, this one was just an intro with no real information

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in short, they are not yet sure if their solution will work
They are playing very safe and cautiously with their words since around 2 years ago but remember the investors in their last round of investing had in depth access to their research and they decided to invest $15M after seeing it.