Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is this from?

"The Series A financing brings the total funding raised to date to $22.5 million and allows Stemson to further the next stage of research and development of its cell engineering platform, where is it being combined with bioengineered material and robotic delivery as a novel solution for natural hair replacement. Currently, Stemson’s research and development efforts are focused on developing an optimized solution for human skin structure environment in larger animal models. Stemson’s Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) based technology is capable of producing the cell types required to initiate hair follicle growth and have been successfully tested in small animal models."

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

"The Series A financing brings the total funding raised to date to $22.5 million and allows Stemson to further the next stage of research and development of its cell engineering platform, where is it being combined with bioengineered material and robotic delivery as a novel solution for natural hair replacement. Currently, Stemson’s research and development efforts are focused on developing an optimized solution for human skin structure environment in larger animal models. Stemson’s Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) based technology is capable of producing the cell types required to initiate hair follicle growth and have been successfully tested in small animal models."
That’s a different text, and they don’t mention “robotic transplants” and that’s not even from their website

if you watched their interviews it’s very clear they want to use current hair transplant surgeons to implant the lab grown hairs

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a different text, and they don’t mention “robotic transplants” and that’s not even from their website

if you watched their interviews it’s very clear they want to use current hair transplant surgeons to implant the lab grown hairs
It seems very likely Stemson is considering the use of robotics to perform the actual transplantation, "It will involve a multi-disciplinary approach including cellular reprogramming, biomaterial engineering, tissue engineering, machine learning and analysis of biological data, and robotic transplantation solutions."

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

No they realized that this was impossible for the same reason that Tsuji will cost 100k+. The labor cost/time without robotics would make this procedure more costly then the average person can ever afford. Imagine the time + scalp damage needed to poke holes at the right angles and implant scaffolds to make this look right and have natural density.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No they realized that this was impossible for the same reason that Tsuji will cost 100k+. The labor cost/time without robotics would make this procedure more costly then the average person can ever afford. Imagine the time + scalp damage needed to poke holes at the right angles and implant scaffolds to make this look right and have natural density.
this wont be for averge person....

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude how is ur hair now?... Actually even I'm a victim of RH..

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you seriously believe stemson will give anyone a dream hair for a few dollars? it will take a long time for this
at least something to work towards and save up for if you have a good job its doable. however indeed not for the average person as in average salary around the world

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, i agree but not for 50k, this will be a lot more expensive
thatd nake no sense busibess wise. people overstimate rhe number od rich people who cant afford elon musk like transplant anyway who would undergo a completely now and no rigorously tested procedure, most people with such a fortune do jot even bother getting a transplant or use finasteride. stemsons market would be very small, why do you think they are working on improving the procedure, so they can offer it to like 15 people and not even earn their investmenr back? this is complete nonsense

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thatd nake no sense busibess wise. people overstimate rhe number od rich people who cant afford elon musk like transplant anyway who would undergo a completely now and no rigorously tested procedure, most people with such a fortune do jot even bother getting a transplant or use finasteride. stemsons market would be very small, why do you think they are working on improving the procedure, so they can offer it to like 15 people and not even earn their investmenr back? this is complete nonsense
I would like it to be as you write, but knowing life, they will want as much as Tsuji, if they see that there are peoplem willing to pay for it, the price will be high, and the average joe will wait another 10 years

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like it to be as you write, but knowing life, they will want as much as Tsuji, if they see that there are peoplem willing to pay for it, the price will be high, and the average joe will wait another 10 years
thankfully you are not in business but just a guy who posts on HairLossTalk.com

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Stem cells from the bioreactor​

With the aid of artificial stem cells, it will soon be possible to establish new treatments for previously incurable diseases such as Alzheimer's disease. At the Fraunhofer Project Center for Stem Cell Process Engineering SPT, a process for the mass production of these so called induced pluripotent stem cells is being developed.

This process involves new materials, which ensure that industrial cell production will meet high quality standards. The process will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the MEDICA trade fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, between November 15 and 18, 2021 (hall 3, stand E74).

The cells of a growing embryo have a fascinating property. They are able to transform into any other cell type – heart muscle cells, nerve cells and many more. Experts refer to them as pluripotent stem cells. When the human body is fully developed, the cells lose their pluripotency. Recently, however, it has become possible to artificially revert the somatic cells of an adult to their embryonic state. These "induced pluripotent stem cells" (iPS) are an important tool for biotechnologists. This means that somatic cells can be taken from adults with genetic diseases, reprogrammed into iPS cells and then differentiated into heart muscle or nerve cells, which can then be used to test new drugs. Because the iPS cells contain the patient's genome, it's much easier to determine which treatments will be effective for that patient. In this respect, iPS cells have huge potential for personalized medicine. The problem is that thus far, it hasn't been possible to produce iPS cells and culture them in large quantities and to a high quality. There lacks a standardized production line and process for industrial manufacturing that meets regulatory requirements. The new Fraunhofer Project Center for Stem Cell Process Engineering SPT in Würzburg, which is jointly operated by the Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering IBMT and the Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC, is working on exactly that.

"In this project, we're combining our biotechnology expertise with the materials science know-how," says the Managing Director of SPT, Julia Neubauer of the Fraunhofer IBMT. The Fraunhofer ISC is sharing its vast experience in the development of materials and surface coatings to help optimize the Fraunhofer IBMT biotechnologies for cell culture at the project center. Around the world, most scientists currently use hard, smooth surfaces for cell culture. On this type of surface, cells such as artificial heart muscle cells that actually contract can be grown. They do, however, behave differently to cells in a living body. For example, they hardly react to hormones such as adrenaline, which should make them beat faster. The SPT team is creating more realistic culture conditions so that the iPS cells will develop into more mature cells that behave naturally. Instead of hard surfaces, soft surface coatings made of hydrogels and 3D "biomimetic structures" made with 3D printers are used, for example. The surfaces are also modified with biochemical processes so that tissue-specific environment can be simulated.

The key to iPS cell culture at SPT is the use of bioreactors, in which the cells grow while floating freely in a nutrient solution or adherent on microcarrier. Julia Neubauer and Marco Metzger of the Fraunhofer ISC, the SPT's Deputy Managing Director, explain that in these reactors, the cells are cultured on tiny hydrogel microspheres, for example. They can also grow in small 3D aggregates and interact with each other. These methods successfully mimic natural tissue growth. Another advantage of free-floating iPS cell culture is that the cells receive optimal nutrition and oxygen. In a group of cells on a 2D surface, those on the bottom layer are often less well nourished. The cell environment also doesn't provide natural conditions.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just want to remember everyone that the ipsc-therapies summit is taking place in a few weeks.

Stemson will be there too and they will be talking about the; "[...] differentiation protocols and [...] cell purity to unveil the full potential of iPSCs (with Stemson Therapeutics) [...]"

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just want to remember everyone that the ipsc-therapies summit is taking place in a few weeks.

Stemson will be there too and they will be talking about the; "[...] differentiation protocols and [...] cell purity to unveil the full potential of iPSCs (with Stemson Therapeutics) [...]"

are they going to live stream? hopefully someone can record and upload it here